Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

I wonder who he wished he voted for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what? Why tell us publicly if he isn't trying to influence our thinking?

You guys are just making excuses for this guy after telling us libs since 2001 that actors and singers should just "shut up and act/sing!" Stop it already and just admit to your hypocrisy. Geeez. Ya can't take one on the chin for once?
If KISS were touring around with Sarah Palin, then yes I would agree. But gene rarely talks politics in public. He has a right to say whatever he wants. The reason why we (conservatives) criticize Springsteen & John (don't call me Cougar) Mellancamp is that they ALWAYS try to slam their political views down our throats. Don't worry, if Gene starts talking more about politics than music then he will be stereotyped with those 2.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
How much intelligence/wit can one expect from a hard-rocker?
Greg Graffin of Bad Religion:

Graffin attended El Camino Real High School, then double-majored in anthropology and geology as an undergraduate at the University of California, Los Angeles. He went on to earn a master's degree in geology from UCLA and received his Ph.D. from Cornell University. The Ph.D. dissertation was officially a zoology Ph.D., supervised by William B. Provine at Cornell. The dissertation was entitled "Monism, Atheism and the Naturalist Worldview: Perspectives from Evolutionary Biology." It is described as being essentially an evolutionary biology Ph.D. but having also relevance to history and philosophy of science.[4]
Greg Graffin spends most of his time in Upstate New York, and teaches Life Science 1 and Earth & Space Sciences 116 (paleontology) at UCLA during the winter or fall quarters of each school year.[5] In a June 2008 interview with Bad Religion bassist Jay Bentley, he mentioned that Graffin would be teaching there from January to March 2009.[6]
Greg Graffin received the Harvard Secular Society's "Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism" on April 26, 2008. During the award ceremony he played some acoustic versions of Bad Religion songs as well as songs from his solo career.[7]
Preston Jones, a historian at the Christian John Brown University in Arkansas, sent Graffin an e-mail asking about one of his songs, and Graffin replied. Their resulting year-long e-mail exchange was published as a book in 2006, entitled "Is Belief in God Good, Bad or Irrelevant? A Professor and Punk Rocker Discuss Science, Religion, Naturalism & Christianity".[8]
In 2009 Graffin announced that he had co-written a book entitled "Anarchy Evolution" with American Author Steve Olson, which was released on September 28, 2010[9] [10]
He also wrote on his Twitter page that he was filming and co-producing a television series called "Punk Professor".[11]

Quite a bit from some.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Gene needs to lay off the botox he's starting to look plasticized.

Regarding his statements on politics. He never struck me as a political scholar. I think I have read more than once where Gene's main motivation is usually money, so perhaps he feels that under the Obama administration his income will be reduced from oh...say......$10 million a year to $9.6 million a year.

He has no credibility. And he needs to take those stupid sun glasses off.

20yrsinBranson

Drop his special effects?

Old 12-08-2010, 09:41 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Drop his special effects?
He is starting to become a caracature of himself. I realize that when you are a rock and roll superstar, it's hard to get old. But he needs to accept it gracefully and let it go. Alice Cooper is old, looks good, and still performs. So do many others. He needs to just LET IT GO.

Shannon certainly looks good since her facelift. Although, she didn't look bad before either.

I wonder what she $ee$ in the guy?

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-08-2010, 10:17 AM

180 posts, read 391,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I don't believe he voted for Obama in the first place. His new season Simmons Family Values is coming up and this is a ploy to kick up the ratings. His love of money is more powerful than his sorrow of what slaves have had to endure.
Of course it's a ploy, this guy is about money and money only. This interview is nothing more than self promotion, get with it people!

I wish I could take a lot of my votes back, but you know what, it isn't going to happen. Doesn't matter who our president is or who is in office, just take a look at the past 10 years and the condition of our current economy, it's a joke, and so is Simmons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies