Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Wtf? Cancer in the liver IS near death.
Forgive me for this, but I just figured the poster must be blond. There are some statements that are too dumb to reply to.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Too bad she has to suffer while scumbag John lives on. A scumbag is a scumbag regardless of if he's a republican or democrat.

I hope she's not in pain and the best for her family.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew sullivan View Post

Spin it how you must in an effort to feel good; she'll die sad and broken.
Nothing personal, but since you don't know this woman, don't know her state of mind, don't know how she is accepting her fate, I would not be hesitant to say something that get me send to the penalty box, if you get my meaning.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I have yet to hear that she's "near death" just that they discovered the cancer in her liver. The doctors have advised her that treatment, at this point, would be useless.
The Associated Press: Elizabeth Edwards gravely ill with cancer

Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
She will find the peace and comfort that eluded her on Earth in the arms of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:02 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I was never a supporter of the Edwards either but I also feel a genuine sympathy for her. She was a good wife and deserved better. I can't even comprehend the mind of a man who chases after a skirt while his wife is terminally ill. Geez, couldn't he wait a bit? How humiliating for the wife and for the children, including the baby born out of wedlock with his ho.

Maybe there's a problem with my libido. I just could never see destroying the lives of the people I love so I could have an orgasm. I don't get it.

I hope this poor woman finds peace and love in her final months. I hope that her children will honor her memory.
Seems to be a thing with politicians. Newt did the same thing pretty much.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I was never a supporter of the Edwards either but I also feel a genuine sympathy for her. She was a good wife and deserved better. I can't even comprehend the mind of a man who chases after a skirt while his wife is terminally ill. Geez, couldn't he wait a bit? How humiliating for the wife and for the children, including the baby born out of wedlock with his ho.

Maybe there's a problem with my libido. I just could never see destroying the lives of the people I love so I could have an orgasm. I don't get it.

I hope this poor woman finds peace and love in her final months. I hope that her children will honor her memory.
I know! John couldn't keep it in his pants long enough for her to die. He's a real scumbag.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:50 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I know! John couldn't keep it in his pants long enough for her to die. He's a real scumbag.
One thing I don't understand is why? How?

How could John Edwards do this? If I ever found out (knock on wood) that my significant other or family member was this ill, I could NEVER do anything like this.

If it was my significant other, I could NEVER picture running off with another man even if he could not satisfy my sexual needs anymore. I would want to be there for him. Every day, every minute, every second until he passes away. If I was young enough, then yes. I would try to find someone else but not until I knew my man was at rest and taken care off until his last breath.

How could he **** this other woman while knowing Elizabeth is at home dying and needing his support?

It disgusts me to the spine. I know many feel sad this happened to a nice woman. My second cousin went through something like this. She got bone cancer and began to die. Her husband ran off. Her parents took her in and spent a miserable year under her parents care. She died with her parents and many of our relatives watching over her. My co worker told me that her husbands co worker was having an affair behind his wifes back because she had cancer and having sex was too painful for her. He divorced her for not having sex with him but was having an affair anyways.

WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO? Holy ****. I am 22. I don't know what the world will come too when I am older.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:54 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
May her final days be peaceful.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,551,037 times
I watched Elizabeth on a talkshow.....I'm pretty sure it was the NATE show.

Elizabeth was nothing more graceous, compassionate toward's Edward's child he claimed wasn't his........she showed her frugal lifestyle, even though she is worth, only God know's how many millions !!!!

She a a normal kitchen (well pretty big) table to fit her family size with milk & food stains on the cushions that padded the little ones seats.

But her home was grand indeed which she took pride in walking room to room. Her bedroom was painted in bright yellow, with a beautiful painting hainging over her bed, that she bought on e-bay. What a peaceful room to come home after a horrible day of chemo/radiation theraphy. Thank God for her loving children!!!!!!

My prayers are will Elizabeth as she lives out her last days, surrounded by those who truely love her and will dearly miss her........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies