Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The "system" did not work. The passengers have a better track record at catching terrorists on planes.
The Government seems to always be trying to justify its existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 11:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
What's next?

Al Qaida Frequent Flyer Miles?

What the hell is this administration doing?
How else can they assure a consistent supply of high quality, illicit drugs, at free market prices?

Old 12-11-2010, 03:03 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I suggested no such thing. What I DID suggest is that there is a "segment of society" right here in this thread who would not have called the police.
There is a segment who would never call the police, or notice. There is segment who simply don't care. There will always be. And there are those who if given the chance will report anything and everything which is not like *them*. That is what Big Sis is calling upon. Thats what she wants peoples mentality to be.

Most people, seeing something which feels very wrong will act. In a store you can go up to the desk and tell them and the store will call. This is intuition and that little alarm that gets set off.

People don't need to be "programmed" to do this. They do to aside from a small group see what isn't "normal" as threatening. That is what this suggests, that someone who is just *different* is dangerous. We really don't want to live in that world.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
As I learned history I always wondered how dictators "took over" so peacefully when the masses outnumbered them.
Not that I think the US is headed down a dictatorship path..but had always wondered how a few were able to sway so many.

I've come to see that propaganda, played right, works.
I've come to see that infringing on rights, just a little at a time..just a little, works.
I've come to see that slandering the minority from high up and publicly works.
I've come to see that using fear tactics to push changes works.

I guess one has to live through it and compare to the past to understand.
They say history repeats itself and just has a different form.
Won't let me rep you, but this is so dead on. With recent events the plan is being tested because people do notice. Will they stop after awhile and just get used to it like everything else? Thats what they need to know before proceeding.

Read about how it has worked now and you get this eiry feeling that you understand way too much why.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Ahh but she's found a way for others to speed right through

Napolitano's Trusted Traveler Program...

...Lets Mexicans Skip Airport Security

Last Updated: Thu, 12/09/2010 - 1:30pm - Judicial Watch
Trusted Traveler Program Lets Mexicans Skip Airport Security | Judicial Watch

As violent drug cartels take over Mexico and expand their criminal enterprises north, the United States has signed a “trusted traveler†agreement that allows pre-screened Mexican airline passengers to bypass lengthy airport security checkpoints.

The foreigners will get “trusted traveler cards†with fingerprints and other biometric data and they must answer customs declarations questions on touch-screen kiosks before leaving airport inspection areas. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano claims it’s a way to enhance information sharing and mutual security in the face of “ever-evolving, multinational threats.â€
About 84 million Mexicans are expected to qualify for the trusted traveler program, according to Mexico’s Interior Ministry Secretary, who signed the agreement on behalf of his country this week. Celebrating the festive occasion, the Mexican government official assured that the new accord will facilitate the U.S. entry of business travelers and tourists who are key factors in economic development, growth of trade and cultural exchange.

Mexicans will get the perk through the U.S. government’s Global Entry Program, which allows participants to obtain security clearance by presenting a “machine-readable†passport or resident card at airport “Global Entry kiosks.†The machines issue the foreign travelers a transaction receipt and directions to baggage claim and the exit into the United States. Applying is easy. Candidates fill out an online application, provide valid identification and answer a few questions from a Customs and Border Protection officer.

While Napolitano was in Mexico finalizing the trusted traveler agreement this week, she also took the opportunity to sign a “letter of intent†to develop a plan for protecting immigrants from criminal attacks as they cross the border—illegally—into the U.S. Mexican officials have long complained that American law enforcement officers stand by as illegal immigrants are robbed, killed or violently beaten. Napolitano has committed to reducing the risk to life and security of migrants, according to the Mexican minister
And US soldiers, returning from Afghanastan, have to put up with idiot brain dead tsa rentacops who hold the plane hostage since they didn't go through security in Europe, ignoring that they had already before leaving on the military planes... And kids and grandmothers and disabled people get abused because its easy to do so.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I think that I get it. That is why wiki leaks exist so that truth accuracy and transparency are the norm NOT the culling of citizens to scare them into compliance. I was at a local large shopping center here in Alaska. It's rural. there was a guy in a Jag in the parking lot (jaguars in snowy Alaska are not a real common sight) and he was black and loud music spitting out the window (even rarer). I walked inside and their were a couple other dudes walking around not shopping and I got all paranoid like and watched them before I realized hey what AM I DOING???!!! stunning how easily this fear seeps in......
Ever have your post all typed in and read it over for oopsies and just look at it, thinking *should I?*.

If you see a kid being abused or something so wrong with a situation like that you should. But someone different... sad that we are being pushed that way. But it is a choice to buy in and you can *choose* not to once you see it.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:33 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
I'm sorry......what?

Old 12-11-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
The "system" did not work. The passengers have a better track record at catching terrorists on planes.

I was quoting her false assumption. Easy cowboy.....

Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
aside from a small group see what isn't "normal" as threatening. That is what this suggests, that someone who is just *different* is dangerous. We really don't want to live in that world.
Why not? Most cops and combat Veteran's live like that every day. It's called "situational awareness" and it's not a bad thing.

Frankly, I've never understood how people can just blythely go along without noticing anything going on around them.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Why not? Most cops and combat Veteran's live like that every day. It's called "situational awareness" and it's not a bad thing.

Frankly, I've never understood how people can just blythely go along without noticing anything going on around them.
You may want to try it to see how the others live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies