Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,325,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
She criticized Obama. Therefore, she is a racist.
That is the goofiest thing I've read this week. I know what you're trying to accomplish. But it's a bit third grade...don't ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 08:07 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,251,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
That is the goofiest thing I've read this week. I know what you're trying to accomplish. But it's a bit third grade...don't ya think?
Hmm...I would've thought it was at least 6th grade

Pelosi = Racist.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,359,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
With reality. Not in the delusional world where people get upset because he put his feet on his desk or have a strange obsession with his birth certificate. I've seen some of your previous posts...I'll leave at that, otherwise, my post will probably be deleted.
I've been called racist by better than thee. JT comes to mind......

It's the easiest dodge in town - to avoid discussing issues.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:12 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
How does the government help the wealthy? By, among other things, outsourcing government jobs to private sector contractors. The owners of the contracting firms frequently become quite wealthy while their employees are paid far less than if they were directly employed by the government. We need fewer contractors and more government employees. That would reduce the cost to the government by eliminating administrative costs and profit.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We need fewer contractors and more government employees. That would reduce the cost to the government by eliminating administrative costs and profit.
Wow. Just WOW.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM

88,780 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As a Canadian i'm wondering how your government in power can have a 2 year political majority in the house and the senate and have a president representing that majority yet can institute no legislature with out consent from the minority party?/
Shouldnt the party and president in power be able to put through anything they wants?..
Well, as you can see, the Dems are seriously misguided, not to mention incredibly weak and disorganized, in their ideology. Now, they're demonizing the productive and contributing class that by a very large margin supports the rest of the country. That's not a very wise move.

In contrast, one of their pet social programs has resulted in women on welfare having a birth rate 3 times that of women not receiving public assistance.
Quote:
"The 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) gave states greater flexibility to formulate and implement initiatives to reduce welfare dependency and encourage employment for members of low-income families with children. For the nation, in 2006, 10 years after passage of the Act, the birth rate for women 15 to 50 years old receiving public assistance income in the last 12 months was 155 births per 1,000 women, about three times the rate for women not receiving public assistance (53 births per 1,000 women)."
http://www.census.gov/prod/2008pubs/p20-558.pdf

In other words, the Dem ideology is to punish responsibility, productivity, and contribution to society, and to encourage and reward a significant increase in the number of children born into poverty.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:26 AM

88,780 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
It will be a cold day in Hell when the wealthy give up their ENTITLEMENT to protection under the LAW without having to pay their fair share of the cost.
What's their "fair share," Greg?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,519,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
People don't get called racist for criticizing the President, they get called racist because they are racist. There is a difference between valid concerns or anger and faux outrage based on made up stories. Ignoring it or playing the "race card" card doesn't make it go away. There are conservatives on this forum who didn't and wouldn't vote for the current POTUS that are not racist, then there are the resident racists. Just because they're not using racial slurs doesn't mean that we can't tell. That's the issue with some people on the right, they think that everyone is as ignorant as they are. Intelligent and rational conservatives have acknowledged it.
They would not let me rep you but that is exactly it. Nancy is no racist. She can criticize all she wants. Wrong or right and whether I agree with her or not I know as a black man that her criticism is not coming from a place of racial hate. When the tea party or Limbaugh or beck criticize I know where that is coming from. Nancy's criticism and theirs are totally different.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:41 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They would not let me rep you but that is exactly it. Nancy is no racist. She can criticize all she wants. Wrong or right and whether I agree with her or not I know as a black man that her criticism is not coming from a place of racial hate. When the tea party or Limbaugh or beck criticize I know where that is coming from. Nancy's criticism and theirs are totally different.
Let me guess, its because the other opinions are coming from non-Democrats.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:50 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,251,969 times
LOL

When the "hate" comes from a Democrat, it's not racist
When the "hate" comes from a non-Democrat, it's racist

LOL

Pelosi = racist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies