Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:30 AM

55 posts, read 70,235 times

Advertisements

99ers assail Democrats on lack of tier 5 in unemployment extension plan - National Unemployment | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 10:03 AM

180 posts, read 391,611 times
Just fixed your URL for you

I have friends that are losing their benefits next week because they are exhausting their tier 4. Half way through their college retraining and no income. Bad news is, if the house doesn't pass the extensions of tiers 1 thru 4, there will never be a chance for a tier 5.

99ers assail Democrats on lack of tier 5 in unemployment extension plan

99ers assail Democrats on lack of tier 5 in unemployment extension plan - National Unemployment | Examiner.com

Old 12-08-2010, 10:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel.S View Post
Just fixed your URL for you

I have friends that are losing their benefits next week because they are exhausting their tier 4. Half way through their college retraining and no income. Bad news is, if the house doesn't pass the extensions of tiers 1 thru 4, there will never be a chance for a tier 5.

99ers assail Democrats on lack of tier 5 in unemployment extension plan

Half way through their college retraining, and no income..

They did sit down and do the calculations before they started college on what they would do 1/2 way through college when their income would stop?

That would be my very first question. Ok, I've got x weeks for school, I've got x weeks for income.. What do I do during the lapse?

Did they fail math class where they didnt understand that the schooling was > the income?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:15 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

They did sit down and do the calculations before they started college on what they would do 1/2 way through college when their income would stop?

That would be my very first question. Ok, I've got x weeks for school, I've got x weeks for income.. What do I do during the lapse?

Did they fail math class where they didnt understand that the schooling was > the income?
If the Unemployment Rate weren't so high it would be a non-issue...

Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
If the Unemployment Rate weren't so high it would be a non-issue...
True but you avoided the issue. Who is responsible for high unemployment rate? Dont even dare say Republicans because Democrats took Congress 1 year before the crash and we all hear daily about all of the jobs created by Obama.. Why the need to exend unemployment because we all know this is recovery summer we just had.. Didnt you hear, the economy has turned around, people are hiring.. Obama saved us all!!!

This is where you liberals lose the argument.. 1 thread you discuss how wonderful the economy is turning around, and then the next you wine that you need more governmental programs because of a lack of ability to get a job

Old 12-08-2010, 03:18 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,231 times
Quote:
True but you avoided the issue. Who is responsible for high unemployment rate? Dont even dare say Republicans because Democrats took Congress 1 year before the crash and we all hear daily about all of the jobs created by Obama.. Why the need to exend unemployment because we all know this is recovery summer we just had.. Didnt you hear, the economy has turned around, people are hiring.. Obama saved us all!!!

This is where you liberals lose the argument.. 1 thread you discuss how wonderful the economy is turning around, and then the next you wine that you need more governmental programs because of a lack of ability to get a job
The corporate lobby has been holding the Unemployed hostage until they got their tax cuts from the Republicans... Now that they got their tax cuts... Are they going to start hiring again?...

Old 12-08-2010, 03:42 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
The corporate lobby has been holding the Unemployed hostage until they got their tax cuts from the Republicans... Now that they got their tax cuts... Are they going to start hiring again?...
Tax cuts for the very rich has only helped create new
jobs in other countries

Old 12-08-2010, 11:50 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Quote:

Perhaps more realistically they were trying to remain optimistic and were counting on getting a job lined up before the funds ran out.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
I dont know many small business owners that benefit from the tax cuts who can afford lobbiests.. Corporations didnt receive a cut.. Nice try.. maybe you can try to catch up with the rest of us on facts..

Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Tax cuts for the very rich has only helped create new
jobs in other countries
Man that sounds terrible.. Ooh it also is wrong.. Unemployment was under 5% for YEARS, almost the saturation point.. Some of you guys need to catch up with facts instead of just repeating the same old crap you read from the Huffington POS..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Perhaps more realistically they were trying to remain optimistic and were counting on getting a job lined up before the funds ran out.
They were going to college, and not even 1/2 way through.. Did they think they would magically get a 4 year degree in 2?

How does that work exactly, were they planning on quitting school to then take the job?

If you know the maximum period of time you can get unemployment is 2 years, you dont sign yourself up for a 4 year committment and then 2 years into it whine because you rchecks stopped..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies