Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Yes, we hunt, we fish, and a lot of us out in the various rural parts of the state we really depend on that. But Palin's hunting trip was more reflective of the great white -48 hunters than that of real Alaskans.

We know what recoil is here, and we don't pay $144 a pound for meat to fill our freezers, which is what the caribou that Palin was finally able to shoot after several tries (kinda like her college career) cost when everything was factored in.

I hope that you all watch the show at least once (though I'd suggest hitting the mute button to avoid that shrill mess of a voice) for the beautiful scenery, but please don't think that Alaskans actually do things that way.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, we hunt, we fish, and a lot of us out in the various rural parts of the state we really depend on that. But Palin's hunting trip was more reflective of the great white -48 hunters than that of real Alaskans.

We know what recoil is here, and we don't pay $144 a pound for meat to fill our freezers, which is what the caribou that Palin was finally able to shoot after several tries (kinda like her college career) cost when everything was factored in.

I hope that you all watch the show at least once (though I'd suggest hitting the mute button to avoid that shrill mess of a voice) for the beautiful scenery, but please don't think that Alaskans actually do things that way.
Don't worry, I realize that SarahDivaDope only is interested in representing her greedy self.

I know Alaska is beautiful, almost as beautiful as Minnesota.... But I would NEVER endure the sight, and ear wrenching sound, of Sarah to see it ....I'll watch public TV...

Old 12-08-2010, 06:39 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
I was wondering when some anonymous Internet poster with a made up name would clear this up.It's been too many sleepless nights already.

Reps on the way!!!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I was wondering when some anonymous Internet poster with a made up name would clear this up.It's been too many sleepless nights already.

Reps on the way!!!
I suppose another anonymous internet poster can come along and state that the average Alaskan really does charter hunting trips.

Should be a no brainer that we don't.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:

Most people are smart enough to know that Palin is one person that represents one segment of the population that lives outside of the panhandle and Anchorage. Why is it that liberals are always going on like this when they live in a red state?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 PM

196 posts, read 208,476 times
Palin represents aging white overweight uneducated angry jerks who drive while looking in their rear-view mirrors.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:

I so agree...We'd all have been better off if she came to be famous during the silent film era.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Most people are smart enough to know that Palin is one person that represents one segment of the population that lives outside of the panhandle and Anchorage. Why is it that liberals are always going on like this when they live in a red state?
Excuse me?

The Anchorage Daily News did a very interesting study a few years ago which showed that the average lower 48er doesn't know much about Alaska at all...quite a few didn't even know that we've got a panhandle and think that most of us live in igloos.

Not sure I get your last comment. Just because someone lives in a red state doesn't mean they have to tow that party line. And this really isn't a red/blue issue.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:57 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
Quote:
But Palin's hunting trip was more reflective of the great white -48 hunters than that of real Alaskans.
I wouldn't say the entire lower 48 is like this. I tried hunting once and it wasn't my bag, especially after dealing with the elk carcass my cousin did get. I prefer the taste of beef to elk anyway. But I know a lot of hunters and none of them have ever chartered a hunt.

"real" hunting isn't exclusive to Alaska.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Good f'ing point +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies