Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:05 AM

22,634 posts, read 14,903,529 times

Advertisements

I think "sheer lust" must be a wonderful thing, too ...

After all, wasn't it the inspiration that drove Socrates, Sappho, Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Lord Byron, Colette, Walt Whitman, Tchaikovski, Tennessee Williams, Gertrude Stein, James Baldwin, Leonard Bernstein, etc., etc., ad infinitum ... all of whom made stellar contributions to human civilization???

Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,816,802 times
im a bi woman (NOT because its the in thing, but because i am) i have a relitivly high sex drive but i cant say im attracted to women simply because of that, infact i would say purely high sex drive has nothign to do with it as i actually prefer to spend my time with a woman admiring her body, tracing soft curves and soft kisses from soft lips more than sex...

i also know many gay men who while lOVE women as frineds think girls are "yicky" on the sexual side of things, homosexuality of any degree is not just because youve got a high sex drive, its the way your brain is wired...

some people are truly straight, some people are truly gay and the rest of the population is somewhere in between...
i dont belive sex drive itself has anything to with sexual preference.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM

8,358 posts, read 25,194,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Wasn't this the norm in ancient Greece? Older married men often had sex with teenage boys on the side.

Male bisexuality has been pretty common in history. Indeed, pure homosexuals of either gender are actually rarer.
The Ancient Greeks believed that men who were close in bed would also be close in battle. If you think about how quick men are to defend their lovers, this premise makes sense.

Not sure what the fascination with boys was all about, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I was reading about how in developing countries wealthy men would have sex with young boys.

Example:
FRONTLINE: the dancing boys of afghanistan: introduction | PBS

I'm just curious why those straight men would have sex with boys. Are they bisexual or are they all gay? But they do seem to have families as well so did they just marry to have kids?
Eh.......there are some wikileeeeeeeeeks about this. But that is for the Politics and Controversies forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
Simple. Woman are becoming too picky and demanding of their men. Gets to a point where no honey pot is worth that amount of work and stress and its time to look for honest and nice men amongst sausage fests
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

REALLY???

You REALLY believe that????
I do. I have a few friends who are fed up with the opposite sex and have said something along the lines of WIsh I was gay so I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore. They all continued to date the opposite sex, though, but I know it is more common for women to bat for the other team once they have dated one too many abusive men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
i agree with loves...
if older gay/bisexual men want boy toys, fine, but those "boy toys" need to be of legal consenting age.
Age of consent various by country. In fact, in the US it is not 18 across every state like most Americans believe (in some states, it is as low as 14). Anyways, I do think that AOC in Afghanistan might actually be 18, or marriage (which ever age is younger), but, I thought that male-male and female-female sex was/illegal?

Old 12-12-2010, 07:41 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
'Deciding to turn gay' seems more common with women. I think there are more 'fake' or 'emotional' lesbians than gay men (there are the real, dyed-in-the wool, wired from birth lesbians too of course). Never heard of a man decide to turn gay cos he was fed up with women. Sometimes I wonder if some women even HAVE a sexual orientation. Some of them don't seem to desire/lust after men, rather the things that are ATTACHED to the man, like status or something. I'm just speaking for some women of course.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:51 PM

30,876 posts, read 36,854,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
These men have much bigger problems than just being "gay" - they are pedophiles - sexual deviants, plain and simple.
I would point out that this whole way of being becomes a cycle. Those who were sexually abused as young teens or pre-teens are likely to become abusers later in life, which perpetuates the cycle of sexual exploitation.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 PM

30,876 posts, read 36,854,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I have a few friends who are fed up with the opposite sex and have said something along the lines of WIsh I was gay so I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore. They all continued to date the opposite sex, though, but I know it is more common for women to bat for the other team once they have dated one too many abusive men.
Honestly, I think this is MUCH more common for women than for men. The shame factor is much, much, bigger for gay men (or even the perception thereof) than it is for women. You just never hear about men who decide to date other men because they're tired of women. It just doesn't happen. The other thing I get a laugh out of is women who are lesbians for "political reasons". These creatures are not common, but they exist. That just doesn't happen with men. I have never heard of a man who chose to be gay for political reasons, LOLOL.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:11 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,896,044 times
Quote:
I was reading about how in developing countries wealthy men would have sex with young boys.

Why do straight men become gay?
Newsflash you dude, straight men do not all of a sudden become gay. They are gay guy who are trying to appear to be straight. Those guys you are talking about ARE gay, but due to whatever circumstances and views in their country, they try to lead a "normal" life with wife and children. But make no bones about it, those dude are gay.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:26 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,755,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Newsflash you dude, straight men do not all of a sudden become gay. They are gay guy who are trying to appear to be straight. Those guys you are talking about ARE gay, but due to whatever circumstances and views in their country, they try to lead a "normal" life with wife and children. But make no bones about it, those dude are gay.
Very very true. And they date women and marry a woman and create a family with her and 23 years later they wake up and realize that if they don't act now, they will never have what they always wanted, so they go thru the painful process of coming out to everyone, and just think what it would be like to have to tell your wife and children and mother and brothers and sisters that you're gay. If you're a young gay guy, or suspect that you might be, please don't contemplate doing this to someone--it's a horrible feeling for her to realize that her marriage was never real. (I'm praying the divorce goes thru on Tuesday guys!)

It's been hard on everyone else too--they got used to seeing him one way and now have to reorder their perceptions. Not that it should matter to anyone with whom you choose to go to bed, but really it does.

Honestly I see nothing wrong with exploring your sexuality while you're not married so that you'll have a pretty good idea where you are on the spectrum and then you can order your relationships accordingly.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
any male that will have sex with another male was never straight to begin with...
bisexual or gay, but certainly not straight...

as to why they would have sex with BOYS...well if those boys are underage, its because they are messed up people who need serious help (and/or punishment)
if those "boys" are simply younger but LEGAL consenting adults, they simply like younger guys...it could be the "innocence" or it could be they look hot...

as for the marrying and families...
this is very common with closeted gay men, especially those with very traditional families who will not accept a gay son...its a good "cover story" they could also be in denial...

i knew one guy in college who swore he wasnt gay because he was never on the reciving end when he was having sex with a guy, and he "had a girlfriend" (with whome he slept with twice in 3 years...)
he was in total denial.
Not entirely true. There are heterosexual men to sleep with men for money. I actually know quite a few of these myself.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:25 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,402,639 times
Quote:

Example:
FRONTLINE: the dancing boys of afghanistan: introduction | PBS

I'm just curious why those straight men would have sex with boys. Are they bisexual or are they all gay? But they do seem to have families as well so did they just marry to have kids?
Maybe their just like Women that do have sex with the same sex but sometimes the opposite sex.

And for them marrying to have kids maybe so since they want their own child in their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.