U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 PM

8,955 posts, read 17,720,806 times

Advertisements

Instead of kicking the Moderator cut: language out of the Republicans when the Dem's has the chance they waffled and then failed.............

The Cartoonists respond, day 2 - Democratic Underground

Oh crap.......I'm gonna be sick! http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif (broken link)

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-09-2010 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,622,686 times
I'm...shocked!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,910,331 times
I'm appalud and shocked, double shock.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 PM

3,059 posts, read 3,231,509 times
Loving it!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:56 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,252,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Loving it!
And I have been called racist for much less than all of this. I guess lefties is lefties and can't change their direction. Saddest bunch of cartoons I have seen in my life.

The one I liked best was the one that talked about tax cuts. There are no tax cuts suggested in that compromise. Only maintaining of the rates we have had for the last 10 years. Talking points of the left are just that, talking points full of Pelosi.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:56 AM

34,707 posts, read 33,724,405 times
The way I see it, for two years, with a majority in both the House and Senate and a Democrat in the White House, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama had a chance to pass anything their little hearts desired (while calling the Republicans with zero power "obstructionists") but they waited until after the 2010 elections (where they tricked the Joe Schmo Democrat voters - you know, the non-intellectual ones), and they are now whining and wetting their pants and calling Republicans hostage takers.

They screwed over America by passing things the majority of people didn't want, by calling average Americans astroturf and the derrogatory "tea baggers," by instigating big brother intrusions into our personal lives and personal decisions, by encouraging snitching (remember flag @ whitehouse. gov?) on anyone that disagreed with them, by stepping over the boundary with the states, by saying things like "we have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it," by completely shutting out the Republicans from the debate on any piece of crappola bills that were crafted in secret and mocking the transparency promised to the rest of us (as if we couldn't see that what they were doing, didn't match the rhetoric) and you're all lying to yourselves by saying it was bad messaging not the secretive rotting pile of poop everyone else knows it to be.

They mouthed that whole class warfare garbage while making sweetheart deals with big rich union leaders, bailing out wealthy corporations and bribing blue dogs (most of which will be home beating their spouse (per Harry Reid) as part of the unemployed in January) to stupidly go along with the herd. Now all of a sudden, the President and his minions want to help small businesses after scr*wing them for 2 years because (light bulb on) oh by the way, they create jobs. The fat cat media, totally complicit in the shenanigans from Day 1, is all of a sudden in shock that a President is trying to cover his ass for 2012 but they didn't make a peep about that when the 2010 Democrat candidates were failing to brag about their so-called "accomplishments" on the campaign trail.

But hey, look at it this way, at least the turtles got their tunnel money.

Last edited by LauraC; 12-09-2010 at 06:26 AM..

Old 12-09-2010, 05:00 AM

20,976 posts, read 16,282,976 times
As the community organizer stated when he was riding high...."We won."

and this gem "Elections have consequences".

Republicans will be riding in the back seat, huh?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 AM

70 posts, read 65,642 times
Ehh... this is what happens when people take advantage of your niceness. I don't care what anybody says, every leader has to instill some "fear." Now every jackarse Republican feels they can question his citizenship, mock him constantly, and pretty much get what they want out of him just by hostage taking. He should have stared straight to the Republicans and said, "Hey I am willing to let everybody's taxes go up with we don't end the tax cuts for the rich" and not bluff. We all know he is a liberal, well start defending liberalism. Show that your balls are bigger than theirs.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 AM

20,976 posts, read 16,282,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncav4 View Post
Ehh... this is what happens when people take advantage of your niceness. I don't care what anybody says, every leader has to instill some "fear." Now every jackarse Republican feels they can question his citizenship, mock him constantly, and pretty much get what they want out of him just by hostage taking. He should have stared straight to the Republicans and said, "Hey I am willing to let everybody's taxes go up with we don't end the tax cuts for the rich" and not bluff. We all know he is a liberal, well start defending liberalism. Show that your balls are bigger than theirs.
Our tax system is the problem.

Eliminate the IRS, go with a flat or fair tax, eliminate loopholes and deductions and this BS ends.

On the other hand, why has the POTUS not mentioned the truth about the fact that the top 2% of earners pay something like 50% of the tax burden in America?

Could it be one of those inconvenient truths that would not help his cause?

The GOP should stop talking about job creation and state the facts that someone in the top income range already pays something like 50% in federal, state and local taxes. Isn't that enough?

Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 AM

5,006 posts, read 13,865,263 times
I wish I had voted for Hillary instead. I can't believe how he has sold out. Really makes me want to give up on politics altogether.

Quote:
Eliminate the IRS, go with a flat or fair tax, eliminate loopholes and deductions and this BS ends.
i believe you could be right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies