Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 06:13 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
One has nothing to do with the other.

And, I was at work, which is why I wasn't responding.

Again, off topic. Please. Find something better to do than pick and take things out of context and spin them.
How can you honestly demonize those who need to collect UE & constantly tell them here on CD how there ARE jobs out there & blah blah blah & call those who are having such rough times names like 'lazy' & complain loudly about 'your taxes' being used <boo hoo ....when you have one in your family who does this very thing & you are afraid to do anything about it?
It is hypocritical. Don't respond if you don't want to but, every single time I hear you complain about these issues again I will remind YOU that you are part of this problem because 'it is easy' for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
How can you honestly demonize those who need to collect UE & constantly tell them here on CD how there ARE jobs out there & blah blah blah & call those who are having such rough times names like 'lazy' & complain loudly about 'your taxes' being used <boo hoo ....when you have one in your family who does this very thing & you are afraid to do anything about it?
It is hypocritical. Don't respond if you don't want to but, every single time I hear you complain about these issues again I will remind YOU that you are part of this problem because 'it is easy' for you.
I demonize anyone who uses the system. Period. You're putting words in my mouth, lots of them.

ETA: What is "easy" for me?

Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Doesnt change the fact that they look down their noses at the common folk.
Thats what I was responding to.
And we should care because...?

Old 12-10-2010, 06:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You have some twisted logic.

I want the gov't to do its job, nothing more, nothing less. If they were doing their job, they would be able to spot fraud and weed these people out before they even get started. That is not the gov't doing something for ME, it would be to save the taxpayers some money and cut down on the red tape involved in processing all these fraudulent claims, week after week, month after month. """

And investigating these MILLIONS of flase claims will be free of charge? What don't you understand about this cost being a drop in the bucket compared to the war and Wall Street bailouts...why don't ya fight the "big boys"???

If it was up to me, we'd do away with all entitlement programs, so yes, I absolutely want smaller gov't.

And yes, I do want people to step up and take care of themselves, that is not my job. I take care of my own self, thanks. If other people want a nice life, it's up to them, not me.
I guess that means you're not ready to step up to the plate

You want the government to serve YOU, in your way, and not serve anyone else.

The government isn't just law enforcement.

The government is us....all of us. It serves us all....not just those you approve of...frustrating I know

I worked over 45 years and EARNED those 2 years of being unemployed....YOU didn't pay for it....

And remember, when you're looking down your nose at who you PERCEIVE as inferior, there's plenty looking down on you .... Try looking up once...you'll see..

Old 12-10-2010, 06:59 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No hostility. And yes, it's my life. As your life is all your's.
Quite true.

Quote:
And if you want to live putting fun and game first, that's fine by me.
Well it is the only life we get...
Quote:
My problem becomes when you demand my money, in the form of entitlements.
Haven't I paid in too?

Quote:
And you definitely read me wrong. I never said I put family and friends behind work. Where did you get that from?
Well I thought you left family and friends and an area you like so you could work....

Quote:
As for SS and Medicare, those are govt programs that I will take advantage of. As long as they're taking my money now, I'll be sure to take mine when the time comes.
Hmmm,even if the amount you get out is more than the amount you paid in???

Quote:
I do feel sorry for you, though. You should try and find a job you love - then you'd feel differently about the daily grind.
Odd you say find a job to love and still call it the daily grind...

Quote:
I spent 8 hours in my place of business. But I enjoyed every minute of it.
Good for you....I gather you never plan to retire since it is so much fun?

Quote:
As opposed to taking bong hits on the couch watching Say Yes to the Dress.
Drugs and TV?Hmmm,that is normally what workers use to relax AFTER their lovely day at the job they love...

Old 12-10-2010, 07:10 PM

362 posts, read 392,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

I worked over 45 years and EARNED those 2 years of being unemployed....YOU didn't pay for it..
How do you earn 2 years of being unemployed? Let me know so I can avoid that. UC is designed and actuaried to pay 6 months. Because you want to sit on your a## for 2 years, employers now have to pay more for their UC premiums. That means hiring less people. Because we don't have any money, the money printed to fund your earned UC lowers the value of the working man's dollar. All of us who WORK are being taxed in several differnt ways by those of you who are milking the dog.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I guess that means you're not ready to step up to the plate

You want the government to serve YOU, in your way, and not serve anyone else.

The government isn't just law enforcement.

The government is us....all of us. It serves us all....not just those you approve of...frustrating I know

I worked over 45 years and EARNED those 2 years of being unemployed....YOU didn't pay for it....

And remember, when you're looking down your nose at who you PERCEIVE as inferior, there's plenty looking down on you .... Try looking up once...you'll see..
This thread is not about Wall Street bailouts or wars. I have said this multiple times. If you want to know my opinion on those issues, start a new thread.

I told you I would not address the situation with you again so have fun talking to yourself.

I'm sorry, but you're a fool if you think you EARNED UE by working. You didn't. Your employer paid into a fund so you could get something while you look for another job if they ever laid you off. YOU had nothing to do with it. Why are people not getting this? As a business owner and as a taxpayer, yes, I am paying for a portion of your UE benefits and everyone else's. It's just another entitlement program and if you can't find a job after two years, take a good look in the mirror and make some changes before whining about not being able to live off the public dole anymore.

There's no looking down my nose at anyone, but I do take issue with moochers. Perhaps you're so offended by my feelings b/c you ARE one. If you weren't, your drawers wouldn't be all knotted up right now.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
How do you earn 2 years of being unemployed? Let me know so I can avoid that. UC is designed and actuaried to pay 6 months. Because you want to sit on your a## for 2 years, employers now have to pay more for their UC premiums. That means hiring less people. Because we don't have any money, the money printed to fund your earned UC lowers the value of the working man's dollar. All of us who WORK are being taxed in several differnt ways by those of you who are milking the dog.
Praise God! Someone who understands the FACTS!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
How do you earn 2 years of being unemployed? Let me know so I can avoid that. UC is designed and actuaried to pay 6 months. Because you want to sit on your a## for 2 years, employers now have to pay more for their UC premiums."""

Not taxpayers?

"" That means hiring less people. Because we don't have any money, the money printed to fund your earned UC lowers the value of the working man's dollar. All of us who WORK are being taxed""

Taxpayers? I'm getting dizzy...

in several differnt ways by those of you who are milking the dog.

I think you have me confused with someone who hasn't paid taxes or earned a living for the last 45 years.....

Uhhh, cows are milked...not dogs....kinky can be good though...maybe...

Old 12-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Employers pay SUTA. SUTA trust funds are broke so states are borrowing from the feds. So, technically, we are all paying for everyone's UE. But it's not quite the same as saying you paid into a fund so you're entitled to UE for years on end.

That's the problem with so-called entitlement programs...everyone thinks they're entitled to an unlimited portion of it for an unlimited time period to fund unlimited frivolousness at an unlimited cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies