Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:08 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I played by the rules. Don't have children unless you can afford to support them yourself.

Now I feel like an idiot. I am constantly bombarded with people who have kids who cannot afford them, are on public assistance due to them, or their kids suffer due to lack of birth control and common sense.

What gives?
I played by the rules too, but...

It's not a business decision to most people, it's a very emotional one and it doesn't always have to make sense. Poor people get to reproduce too you know.

What worries me are people that have kids for all the wrong reasons - people who have kids, but are not willing to make the sacrifices to raise them properly. They expect to maintain their single/partying/DINK lifestyle after the kid comes along, and as soon as it is inconvenient or not as cuddly they pawn them off on various services and schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
I played by the rules. Don't have children unless you can afford to support them yourself.

Now I feel like an idiot. I am constantly bombarded with people who have kids who cannot afford them, are on public assistance due to them, or their kids suffer due to lack of birth control and common sense.

What gives?
Liberals. That's what gives

Old 12-09-2010, 12:13 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They get paid by the government to do so.
They get paid by the tax payer, the government has no money of it's own.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Who said anything about race? When did I say anything about race?

Wow ... where did THAT come from?
Where have you been?

Illegal is the new race...

Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Oh, c'mon, while part of what you say may be true, I see just as many people from all races doing this thing. One has to get a license to drive a car, but just spread one's legs for a baby. Sorry, but true.
Over 70% of black and over 50% of Hispanic women have children out of wedlock.
Whites are around 25%. So no, just as many people from all races are not doing it.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Wow ... you REALLY need help. Seriously, log off and don't post again. Is anybody else seeing this? I said something about illegal immigrants, this person replies back with a comment about race, I ask what what I said had to do with race and then he/she tells me to refer to my OWN posts because apparently, I meant to say brown people.

Mistygrl, stop assuming stuff and just accept the fact that you were wrong in this situation and maybe you should use this as an example of how not to try to read people's minds when they haven't even given you any reason to think something.

That's wrong. How would you like it if someone put words into your mouth?
I think mistygrl092 is a troll after reading several of her post...

Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
They get paid by the tax payer, the government has no money of it's own.
I stand corrected.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:

What gives?

In the animal kingdom, only humans have a "survival of the weakest" mentality. All other animals survive with "survival of the fittest".

We encourage having kids by spreading the costs over the entire population. We have tax credits, shared school costs, etc, so parents only pay for a part of the cost of having children. Since our population growth is out of control, we should eliminate these subsidies.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
In the animal kingdom, only humans have a "survival of the weakest" mentality. All other animals survive with "survival of the fittest".

We encourage having kids by spreading the costs over the entire population. We have tax credits, shared school costs, etc, so parents only pay for a part of the cost of having children. Since our population growth is out of control, we should eliminate these subsidies.
We're breeding personal responsibility out of our population.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:00 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Government assistance and societal and family pressures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies