Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:50 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,449,071 times

Advertisements

They're the definition of domestic terrorists. Yes, I've read the horribly misnamed Patriot Act. But then again, nearly everyone falls under that definition...I digress

Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,069,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Looks like yet another thread about the bad behavior of one family formed "church" has turned into a "bash Christians" thread.

They are not Christians, they are activist much like the homosexual activist group The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence who disrupt church services. I wouldn't doubt that the Westborors got their idea from them. I have never seen any lefties cry foul at their tactics.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,721,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No...it really isn't that unclear. It's very clear and specific if you spend some time and actually read it. Nowhere will you find that it endorses slavery, or that it encourages it. Slavery happened as a result of war, financial issues, and man's sin. God allowed it to happen, and gave them rules on how to treat their slaves...but he didn't command it.
Your god allowed something that is inherently evil? He even gave instructions on how to buy and sell slaves? BTW, his rules on how to treat slaves are horrible.

Did god endorse this?

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

"As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you."

Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,742,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Looks like yet another thread about the bad behavior of one family formed "church" has turned into a "bash Christians" thread.
I don't know that it's becoming a "Christian bashing", but it's certainly becoming an argument over what makes one Christian! All of which I find to be off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies