Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 12:54 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,885,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Again. Whatever happened to the SEIU guy who beat up Gladney on video? Anyone want to answer this? Any of you hypocrits want to take a stab at this one? What about the guy who bit off a TP'ers finger?
How is any of this relevant? I'm not sure its a defense to say that because someone unknown bit off the finger of a third party that makes it okay for me to stomp on the head of a young woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 12:57 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,205,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
SORRY people, all she did was go up to the window and turn her sign around so he could read it. NO CONTACT WAS EVER MADE.

That is CRITICAL when it comes to a self defense CLAIM in a court of law.

She did nothing wrong.. she was on a public street making a public statement. She was not trying to break into his car since both her hands were ON A SIGN. So the use of the make my day law could never be used. "the law states that a person has the presumption of an imminent fear of death or bodily harm if another person is trying to break into his car or home, and thus may use deadly force to protect himself, the law states. It says the person has no duty to retreat."

Just because you do not care for her statement IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TOUCH HER!

NOT HER JACKET
NOT HER HAIR
NOT HER ARM
NOT HER NECK
NOT HER HEAD
NOT HER FOOT
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TOUCH SOMEONE IN AN AGGRESSIVE/RESTRAINING MANOR IF THEY HAVE NOT TOUCHED YOU FIRST. PERIOD.

There was NO IMMINENT THREAT to his person that he can claim self defense for.

That is why the person who throws the FIRST PUNCH is the one ARRESTED in a fight. Watching the footage it shows how skewed and insane some of you are to actually rationalize and justify her being attacked.

WOW, I want to move to Kentucky and pick fights and let YOU make the first punch on camera so I can sue ALL OF YOU for LOADS of money.

THAT Is going to be my new job. AND even if I make a career out of it officially, I will keep getting paid.

If you keep making that first HIT on me, I'll keep winning... because THE LAW IS THE LAW and it works in favor of those WHO SHOW RESTRAINT.
So you think its ok and not a threat for a tea party member to rush the presidents car

Old 12-15-2010, 12:58 PM

33,514 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No one in their right mind, would think this act is acceptable yes it was wrong. But to say that this young Women's Background and her prior Criminal Record, is not relevant is wrong also.

Do we truly know the reason why this women was there, sounds as if with her prior record, she was there to do harm of some kind. We today have got to look at everything, don't just assume.

Unless i am there to wintess accounts for myself, i believe in no videos today, they can be Doctored
so easily.

With her past criminal record, she obviously had motive of some kind. Two wrongs never make a right!

What past criminal record? She has never been convicted of a crime. If I'm wrong show me evidence that she has.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What past criminal record? She has never been convicted of a crime. If I'm wrong show me evidence that she has.
Is someone rushing the presidential limo considered a threat?

Old 12-15-2010, 01:30 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,118,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you think its ok and not a threat for a tea party member to rush the presidents car

This man was not a government official at the time.

Your question is not a valid one if you are trying to compare that to this event.

NEXT-->

Old 12-15-2010, 02:42 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Tim Profitt, the Rand Paul tea party associate that made headlines stomping the head of a pinned down young girl has his day in court, Pleads not guilty

Tim Profitt, Alleged 'Rand Paul Stomper,' Due In Court

Stretched the truth a little, did jya.

I saw the video. No one's head got stomped on.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,111,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Stretched the truth a little, did jya.

I saw the video. No one's head got stomped on.
That will be a matter for the jury to decide after seeing the video.

But note, all he has to do is TOUCH her to make it a battery.

So this isn't really a defense...

Old 12-16-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
This man was not a government official at the time.

Your question is not a valid one if you are trying to compare that to this event.

NEXT-->
he was known public person who had someone rush his car. They had no idea if this person had a gun as well as a sign. Paul and his handlers had every right to restrain this woman and wait for the police.
So you think its ok for people to rush the cars of candidates, with unknown intent

Old 12-16-2010, 09:45 AM

14,249 posts, read 17,885,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
he was known public person who had someone rush his car. They had no idea if this person had a gun as well as a sign. Paul and his handlers had every right to restrain this woman and wait for the police.
So you think its ok for people to rush the cars of candidates, with unknown intent
What right is that? Are they law enforcement officers? Was the manner in which this person was "restrained" a reasonable, measured and appropriate response to the situation?

Old 12-16-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
What right is that? Are they law enforcement officers? Was the manner in which this person was "restrained" a reasonable, measured and appropriate response to the situation?
So you think its ok for people to rush cndidates cars. Or is it only ok ro rush republican cars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies