Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Do it TN..I'm cable free now since April 2009 and feel I know more now than I did then thanks to the internet. Plenty of sites to read and watch documentaries, sites for TV shows and the occasional amazon "watch it now" movie for around $3. That's near $1000/year I'm not spending anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
We saw much the same in newspapers when smaller papers owned by a smaller number of corporate entities simply regurgitated whatever the AP, Reuters, the NY Times and the Washington Post turned out of their mills. The days of those last independents like the Toledo Blade, The Charleston Gazette or the Toronto Star of old are fading fast. While print media still clings to at least a tiny shred of journalistic integrity, they are a victim of technology and serve local purposes almost entirely now.

I'm on the verge of canceling all my satellite TV service and hooking up a blueray/internet-TV set up and just doing away with all cable and tv. The content I can find in documentaries parked on the internet which never air because they are too controversial or taboo. I cannot even bear to stomach 95% of the mind numbing garbage that passes for information on TV, even on the supposed "science" type channels. Mom always said you are what you eat, and I say, we as a people are what we watch and from this, I can only place my head in my hands and sigh.
Are you ready to join the more wild eyed lefties here and say that Van Jones has never said the words he said at that more or less racist meeting? Somehow I keep wondering how people refuse to watch him talk when the reporting source is too far right for them. I heard little more in that one than I heard in his Power Shift, 09 keynote speech, other than the part about Top Down, Bottom Up and Inside Out. He has added that since then but then he has served his 6 months in the White House which he says in that video that people like him weren't allowed to enter till January 2009. I wonder how many like Andy Stern spent as much time there as Stern did in 2009.

I don't see anything racist or political in showing the people what people like Jones is saying, boldly, in public these days. According to one right wing thing I watched on YouTube last night maybe he isn't really saying those things in public since some right leaners weren't allowed to sit in the crowd at the speech in question.

Just what are you eating these days?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
It is rather disconcerting the naysayers poo poo it all.

If they'd listen (as they say they do), they'll hear the quiet manner smooth talking way he's preparing his followers. Yes followers. He's shooting for a leadership role in the new order he's attempting to transform.

But all we hear is 'conspiracy', 'boo', and other such statements.

What does that say? So this radical communist is just a nice guy looking for a job in the 'green' economy? That's not what he preaches. It is however his vehicle.
They don't listen as two of them have admitted this morning when they talked about turning off the video when they saw it came from The Blaze. They are trying to protect their little "clean" minds from anything that just might be true and let them know what is going on around them.

Van Jones is not well known among THEM since they admit they really don't know him. He is certainly higher up in the far left leaning people and shooting for even more. He is using that "Green crap" as his vehicle along with his race.

I love it when that one of THEM uses only the words "Be afraid, be very afraid" as an answer to things like Top Down, Bottom Up, Inside out when he hasn't even looked into the meaning of that.

Just think, one of these people who refused to watch that video managed to avoid hearing Jones talk about the volatile period we are in or entering and that the left must take advantage of it. Bottom Up is the revolution that is going on in the UK now and only fools who avoid looking into this don't know that.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you ready to join the more wild eyed lefties here and say that Van Jones has never said the words he said at that more or less racist meeting? Somehow I keep wondering how people refuse to watch him talk when the reporting source is too far right for them. I heard little more in that one than I heard in his Power Shift, 09 keynote speech, other than the part about Top Down, Bottom Up and Inside Out. He has added that since then but then he has served his 6 months in the White House which he says in that video that people like him weren't allowed to enter till January 2009. I wonder how many like Andy Stern spent as much time there as Stern did in 2009.

I don't see anything racist or political in showing the people what people like Jones is saying, boldly, in public these days. According to one right wing thing I watched on YouTube last night maybe he isn't really saying those things in public since some right leaners weren't allowed to sit in the crowd at the speech in question.

Just what are you eating these days?
I've never heard a single word uttered by Van Jones, nor have I read a single line of text spoken by him and I don't suspect I really care.

Because this thread like so many others from similar posters are fear based upon "what might happen" as the motivator to act.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, the house is on fire and I'm more worried about the roof caving in than I am about "what if" this guy does or doesn't do something in the future or if the back yard is about to catch fire.

You say he is some lefty radical, I doubt it but for the sake of discussion I'll take your word on it. So what. There are a gazillion lefty radicals just as there are a gazillion right wing nut jobs running loose right now and of all them together, only a very tiny handful are ever going to amount to anything to yawn about.

Sorry, but I'm unlike many, I am not afraid, I don't cower in fear of the maybe, might, coulda shoulda woulda stuff that someday could happen. As Winston Churchill once said, Let them do their worst, and we shall do our best. I'm unafraid but you are welcome to your fears. Bon apatite'.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:46 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
<snip>Sorry, but I'm unlike many, I am not afraid, I don't cower in fear of the maybe, might, coulda shoulda woulda stuff that someday could happen. As Winston Churchill once said, Let them do their worst, and we shall do our best. I'm unafraid but you are welcome to your fears. Bon apatite'.
There's many more of us who think like you than there are vice versa.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
I've never heard a single word uttered by Van Jones, nor have I read a single line of text spoken by him and I don't suspect I really care.
Wow.

I guess if you can't see it, you can't hear it, the best thing to say is . . . .

Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:

Because this thread like so many others from similar posters are fear based upon "what might happen" as the motivator to act.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, the house is on fire and I'm more worried about the roof caving in than I am about "what if" this guy does or doesn't do something in the future or if the back yard is about to catch fire.

You say he is some lefty radical, I doubt it but for the sake of discussion I'll take your word on it. So what. There are a gazillion lefty radicals just as there are a gazillion right wing nut jobs running loose right now and of all them together, only a very tiny handful are ever going to amount to anything to yawn about.

Sorry, but I'm unlike many, I am not afraid, I don't cower in fear of the maybe, might, coulda shoulda woulda stuff that someday could happen. As Winston Churchill once said, Let them do their worst, and we shall do our best. I'm unafraid but you are welcome to your fears. Bon apatite'.
I see that you have protected your unafraid mind from the words of Van Jones. Take some time to watch his keynote speech at Power Shift, 09 that is easily accessed on YouTube. Is that a good enough internet source to qualify as something you could watch. Take about one and a half hours to watch the whole thing that one lefty told us about the other day to see just what kind of a meeting Jones said the words that you could so easily hear by watching BucsLose's OP in this thread.

If you continue to avoid the words of people like Jones and then admit it you will be losing a lot of my support for most of your posts. I find that from this post you admit that you "keep your mind clean" of all those right wing things that report what lefties like Van Jones say. Go ahead, because it is your Constitutional right to do that.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
I find it laughable that the certain crackpots in this thread would never have heard of Van Jones but for their
hero idjit Glenn Beck.....friggin' Gleeple need to learn how to think for themselves.!

Old 12-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Wow.

I guess if you can't see it, you can't hear it, the best thing to say is . . . .
When a person says anything that admits to not knowing anything about what Van Jones says while saying that the internet is his main source of information these days I have to wonder how he fails to have heard Jones this long. I guess only internet news sources are good enough to read.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I find it laughable that the certain crackpots in this thread would never have heard of Van Jones but for their
hero idjit Glenn Beck.....friggin' Gleeple need to learn how to think for themselves.!
Jones was an Obama Czar. if one keeps up with news they don't need Glenn Beck. The controversy was public enough that he resigned.

America wasn't ready for an extreme left activist being the Green Energy Czar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies