U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 AM

9,881 posts, read 8,762,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I don't know what you mean by 'foreign champions'.
What does that have to do with my post:
America only has politicians, not statesmen.
Washington DC is the world's largest brothel.
To top it off, a great majority of Americans are ignorant, gullible chumps.
If you go back to your old posts, you, as a foreign person, were supporting Obama in every post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 12:36 AM

11,449 posts, read 13,931,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If you go back to your old posts, you, as a foreign person, were supporting Obama in every post.
"Foreign' in what way?

Old 12-10-2010, 12:40 AM

9,881 posts, read 8,762,240 times
You represented yourself as a person in a foreign country when you made those posts.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 AM

29,010 posts, read 19,039,194 times
Quote:

I would say more of a cheer leader than a foreign champion.

Anti-Obama? What Suffering Has Obama Caused To You?

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/853289-reading-anti-obama-threads-waste-time.html[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,744,210 times
Well, he did bring change. He just never fully revealed to the public just what that change would entail. He "played" a naive and ignorant electorate who were so hysterically caught up in the historical aspect of the election and desparately wanted to believe in him. They saw what they wanted to see and now the emperor has no clothes.

They ignored what was right in front of them all along if they had only opened their eyes. There was enough information even then to make one seriously concerned about his background, associations and true intentions, to say nothing of his total lack of any qualifications whatsoever. For some insane reason that was looked upon as a good thing.

Don't mistake him for "just another politician" - he's far more dangerous. His goal isn't just for personal power, but to bring about the complete downfall of the american system of values in favor of a more european system of welfare and dependency, weakness and capitulation.

Hopefully, "remember Obama" will be a wakeup call in years to come. The worst thing we could ever do is to step into the voting booth with the intentions of "voting against" a candidate - you just never know what you'll end up with.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM

10,719 posts, read 11,432,279 times
Quote:
Nice to see you as well. I never had a comfort level with Obama but I did hope I would be wrong. I really never thought he was a politician. I personally have always felt that Obama is, and remains, a puppet of George Soros.

Looks like someone has been watching their Glenn Beck!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 PM

6,899 posts, read 6,382,281 times
Quote:
I remember videos of people weeping with joy when Obama became POTUS. I hoped that I was wrong and that he really could bring hope and change.

I voted for Hilary in the Primaries, but I for one was VERY Proud when Obama won. It was not because I felt Obama was the savior or the ONE as some put it to save us, but because this Country has come so far, it was also the fear of McCain croaking before finishing his term. Once that effect wore off, it was back to the regularly scheduled Politicians are all the same motto.

Last edited by blackandproud; 12-10-2010 at 01:42 PM..

Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,138,235 times
It takes a "certain" kind of personality to become a politician.

It requires one to be 50% charlatan, and 50% Artful Dodger wrap that up in a frozen toothy grin and a limp fish handshake.

As soon as big money came into the picture during the industrial age everything changed in politics.

They're all disingenuous. You can probably count on one hand how many genuine honest politicians there have been in the last 100 years.

Did I say "honest-politician" ... What an oxyMORON.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,138,235 times
Quote:
One thing that keeps the mind of MANY Americans in the dark is the fact that nobody here has had any strife on our shores since the turn of the 20th century. People have been on cruise control for a very long time here so that keeps people rolling in neutral with their minds turned off watching reality t.v. shows and cartoons for entertainment.

When 75% of Americans are no longer fat and comfy people will wake up and a light will come on and people will snap out of the fog.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:51 PM

12,919 posts, read 18,485,209 times
Default After all has been said and done I think most have discovered that Obama is just another politician after all

...And a big slap upside the head to all idiots who thought you could get anything else from a Democrat or Republican president. Maybe you'll use your brains next time and not believe every shiny piece of B.S. that is served to you by a politico. We've been doing this now for what... 200 years with the same result? But alas, what can one expect from mere humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies