Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times

Advertisements

If Jeb gets elected, this country will get what it deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 07:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
quite possibly, he could have. That is assuming he had done something to make himself known like most politicians. Why would you say he could not have been elected?

Nita
Do you think someone with the last name of Yamamoto could be elected governor of Texas, or any US state that's not on the West Coast?

Then again, Texas' neighboring state elected a guy named Pyush Jindal as governor, so it's possible.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Why waste your time on this issue?

I believe Jeb has said he is not interested in the job in 2012.

Gosh, liberals are really worried as they seem to not be able to get a handle on who is running and who is not running against the ultimate failure Obama.
Yes, thats too bad. he is probably the best candidate right now. Does Fred Thompson have a son?

Old 12-15-2010, 08:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
quite possibly, he could have. That is assuming he had done something to make himself known like most politicians. Why would you say he could not have been elected?

Nita
Oh...just a hunch.

Personally, i don't think he could've run a Kool-Aid stand without his last name...but that's just my dumb opinion.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Do you think someone with the last name of Yamamoto could be elected governor of Texas, or any US state that's not on the West Coast?

Then again, Texas' neighboring state elected a guy named Pyush Jindal as governor, so it's possible.
I was just using that as an example, but sure I do. Texas is more diversified than many realize...And look at who was just elected governor in S.C.

and for desert, yes, you are basing your comments on a hunch, but I lived there during the late 80s and into this century. I do not think he needed his name. Did it help? Sure, that is part of the game, name recognition.

Nita

Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Yes, thats too bad. he is probably the best candidate right now. Does Fred Thompson have a son?
Don't we wish, but Fred blew it 2 years ago (more like 3 now) I had my heart set on his being the nominee, obviously someone or ones talked him into getting on the roll and he choose not to play hard enough.

Nita

Old 12-15-2010, 11:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
I was just using that as an example, but sure I do. Texas is more diversified than many realize...And look at who was just elected governor in S.C.
Nikki Haley is European looking and has an Anglo-sounding name, so I don't think her ancestry played that much of a factor. If she had used her maiden name and real first name, it might have been a different story.

But then there's the example of Texas' neighbor to the east which I cited...

Old 12-16-2010, 12:13 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If Jeb gets elected, this country will get what it deserves.
Yeah, kind of like what is happening now.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:48 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Don't we wish, but Fred blew it 2 years ago (more like 3 now) I had my heart set on his being the nominee, obviously someone or ones talked him into getting on the roll and he choose not to play hard enough.

Nita
For some reason he just didn't catch on with enough voters. Sometimes I think that the thought of being president is greater than actually being president. Kinda like the brides who want the big wedding, but don't care about the marriage.
I wonder if Obama has had second thoughts?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Nikki Haley is European looking and has an Anglo-sounding name, so I don't think her ancestry played that much of a factor. If she had used her maiden name and real first name, it might have been a different story.

But then there's the example of Texas' neighbor to the east which I cited...
well the media certainly made a deal out of it. if they hadn't made such an issue then I would agree with you. Certainly everyone in her state knew her ancestry.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies