Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,313 times

Advertisements

Gasoline here in LA is around $4.35/gallon, but a couple of stations in Beverly Hills are at $4.69/gallon right now.

Why aren't liberals screaming about $5.00/gallon gasoline/ The exact same reason that Obama killed the Keystone pipeline.

My three-word answer---The Environmental Lobby.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It doesn't appear to be an anomaly. There are several stations in Florida selling gas near or over $5.

Florida Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Florida

Wow, look at California, the lowest prices are over 4 buck!
8788 Vineland Ave - Google Maps

I am utterly shocked that a gas station by Disney World has jacked up gas prices. - SHOCKED. - Someone is gonna say they are higher at gas stations by the place where you drop the car rentals off for the airports, next. But, meh. What's location got to do it? It's some liberal's fault. Pretty cut and dry here, people. Nothing to see, move along. Liberals; forcing Disney area gas stations to sell gas at inflated prices. It's part of their plan to make Obama the Dictator for Life.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:35 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
If $5 for birth control pills is such a terrible burden for sexually active women to bear, then surely $5/gallon gasoline is an even worse burden for all working Americans. Yet we never hear liberals screaming about $5 gasoline, only $5 birth control pills. In fact, unlike with birth control, when it comes to gasoline prices, liberals demand that we change our lifestyle to accommodate higher gas prices, yet if we ask women to change their lifestyle to accommodate the cost of birth control, liberals scream that we're a bunch of sexists. If women don't have to pay $5 for birth control, why should I have to pay $5 for gasoline? They need birth control to fornicate? Well I need gasoline for my car.

Liberals demand that I buy an Obama motors electric car, move closer to my workplace, use mass transit, etc. to cope with gas prices yet they have no problem with government funded birth control so women can fornicate freely. Why shouldn't the government pay for the gas that goes into my car. Or if not the government, why shouldn't my auto insurance be required to pay for my gasoline? You say because auto insurance is for injuries and property damage not gasoline. Well health insurance is for injuries and illnesses not for recreational purposes. So if taxpayers have to pay for women's contraception, it's only fair that they also pay for gasoline in my car.

No one is giving away birth control for free. Its being mandated that insurance companies provide birth control as part of the premium that people pay for.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If $5 for birth control saves society from having to pay for an unwanted child to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars in welfare, food stamps, unemployment, or jail, then why not?

The reason the OP isn't hearing liberals complain about $5 gas is because EVERYONE is complaining about it. S/He just can't think of liberals in any light other than complete darkness.

Five dollar a gallon gas is indeed quite an increase from the under $2 it cost three years ago, but then we were in a period of deflation back then as the economy collapsed. One could almost say the fact that it's increasing is a sign of some economic improvement just like rising house prices are a sign the market is improving. I still will complain that gas is too expensive and my finger is pointing to the fact that it is a commodity that people can speculate on. That needs to stop.

Next topic please...
The women don't have to be the ones paying for the birth control, couldn't they have their dates take at least some of the date money to buy a condom, maybe cut back a little on dinner?

Why can't people ever be expected to pay for anything? What's next? Insurance to cover the cost of cat and dog food because some people have pets? Or they don't have sex but want others to pay for what they do want?

Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Gasoline here in LA is around $4.35/gallon, but a couple of stations in Beverly Hills are at $4.69/gallon right now.

Why aren't liberals screaming about $5.00/gallon gasoline/ The exact same reason that Obama killed the Keystone pipeline.

My three-word answer---The Environmental Lobby.
You should educate yourself on the tar sands. Nasty stuff and it isn't even meant for our markets.

Start you search with that million gallon leak in Michigan at Battle Creek.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
And $5 a gallon gas with stagnant and even dropping wages is NOT a sign of a healthy economy.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
8788 Vineland Ave - Google Maps

I am utterly shocked that a gas station by Disney World has jacked up gas prices. - SHOCKED. - Someone is gonna say they are higher at gas stations by the place where you drop the car rentals off for the airports, next. But, meh. What's location got to do it? It's some liberal's fault. Pretty cut and dry here, people. Nothing to see, move along. Liberals; forcing Disney area gas stations to sell gas at inflated prices. It's part of their plan to make Obama the Dictator for Life.
Check out California. Wow prices are crazy. Unfortunately Obama is suppressing supply which is a factor in fuel prices.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,313 times
That money-printing moron Bernanke deserves plenty of blame as well; desecrating a currency deliberately leads to soaring prices for commodities.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Sex sells. Gas sells. Sex ='s gas. Make's perfect sense.

GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada

$5.00 gas? Where.
It's extremely close to $5/gal out here, and believe you me - we ARE screaming about it!! Just looking at my friends' Facebook pages, you'll find more complaints about the gas prices than birth control costs... and yes, most (if not all) of my friends are at least liberal-leaning.

Here's a picture I took in San Jose the other day, because I was so shocked by the prices:

Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
P.S. Considering I commute 90mi (round trip) for work in a standard gas-consuming Honda, and don't currently use birth control of any kind, the gas prices are definitely a bigger personal issue for me right now. Why would you assume we don't care? Do you base your views of the nation on what people are discussing on City-Data, or what??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies