U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM

2,479 posts, read 1,871,388 times

Advertisements

Welcome home & Thank You for your service Sergeant.

Unfortunatly using 'fear' to make the masses complicate while implementing these ridiculous rules is currently the new trend here at home.
TSA at the train & some bus stations now as well.

Again, welcome home & thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 03:16 PM

1,610 posts, read 4,317,993 times
First of all, let me apologize for giving the erroneous impression that I was the author of this tale. I was not. It was sent to a friend of mine who then forwarded it to me and I thought it very worthy of publication. All the kudos for service belong to the originator of the letter. Sorry.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 AM

80 posts, read 321,668 times
First, I am sorry to hear about your experience. There are a lot of stupid people out there. As a US expat living in India, I have gone through a lot of airport security crap, and seen a lot of stupid.

If it makes you feel any better, here is a rather hilarious blog post from an Indian friend of mine, on airport security. Enjoy.

The Peanut Express: Things made of Steel (http://peanutexpress.blogspot.com/2010/12/things-made-of-steel.html - broken link)

Old 12-14-2010, 05:46 PM

14,448 posts, read 16,817,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
First of all, let me apologize for giving the erroneous impression that I was the author of this tale. I was not. It was sent to a friend of mine who then forwarded it to me and I thought it very worthy of publication. All the kudos for service belong to the originator of the letter. Sorry.
Probably should have posted a link... I saw one posted somewhere but don't remember now. But good that you posted it anyway since its such an example of the utter ignorance of the TSA employees, especially at O'Hare.

Deplane a whole plane for *some* of the passangers who didn't pass through secuity in Europe? Demand to have *secure* luggage removed and scanned? Not even consider the passangers were military and carrying weapons and had passed military security? And which idiot decided to swab people who just came from a warzone?

Such a good example of the big fish in the little pond taking full advantage of the power they have so sorrily been granted.

I would have loved to hear the conversation about the nail clippers and how they are such dangerous weapons with someone holding a rifle.

It sure is too bad that they have made anyone who films the tsafunnies subject to arrest. But not funny...

Old 12-28-2011, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 243 times
TSA should not exist. The day Flight 93 hit the dirt in PA, a handful of honorable and heroic citizens demonstrated how we are supposed to conduct ourselves in a state of communal liberty. Before that time, cabin-based hijackings were treated as a low-risk adventure by our government, "just do as they say and everything will be all right." The hijackers of 9/11 illuminated the suicidal folly of this doctrine.

The era of cabin-based hijackings ended when the passengers of Flight 93 demonstrated the good and proper response to passenger misbehavior. If TSA never come into existence, we would still be as safe . . . or safer than we are today under 'the new order'.

Despotic progressive agencies sell their wares on the platform of comfort and security by invoking the same dog-eared mantra . . . "just do as we say and everything will be okay." In this sense, TSA is no different than the 9/11 hijackers. Both are despotic progressive movements that will ultimately destroy anyone who opposes their goals. The terrorists create an atmosphere of fear in a spectacular displays of barbarism. TSA will accomplish the same thing by forcing all honorable citizens to perpetually prove that they are not terrorists.

TSA is but a tiny portion of the 20+ millions of no-value-added bureaucrats who are well paid to inject their own DesPro dogma into the lives of honorable citizens. The citizens of this nation and the future of our children would be well served to cut of the funds and lock the doors on TSA, DEA, IRS, DOE, and dozens of other perpetrators of 'legal terrorism'. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Last edited by nuckollsr; 12-28-2011 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: syntax errors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies