U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 05:39 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew sullivan View Post
What "sacrifice" has a military member made? Just because they can't hack the real world does not designate low wage government murder-for-hire as "sacrifice."
Do you even have a clue???? Have you ever served? From what do you base such an opinion?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 07:04 AM

13,180 posts, read 12,698,329 times
Yep, I stopped having sympathy for military personnel long ago. It's been nearly 10 years since we've known what a fraud this march to War was. We know about the lying that got us there, we know how immoral and needless it is, we know about the Trillion Dollar price tag, we know that our presence over there is what is driving the hatred. So who is in the military nowadays? Mostly, it's those who are ignorant of these facts or don't give a damn. You made the choice, you can live with the consequences. And BTW I'm a veteran, so spare me the B.S. about how brave and sacrificing soldiers are compared to mere civilians.....I know better.

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-11-2010 at 07:12 AM..

Old 12-11-2010, 07:05 AM

7,658 posts, read 7,467,807 times
Quote:
What "sacrifice" has a military member made? Just because they can't hack the real world does not designate low wage government murder-for-hire as "sacrifice."
This is about as ignorant as it gets. If you're trolling, well done, sir.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:30 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,133,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
By the thousands?As in each battle results in thousands of afghan deaths? Normally that only happens when 1 standing army faces another large standing army. I thought the Afhan war was a series of scirmishes between small groups.
Myself I would rather we brought our troops home. Let the afghan people decide for themselves their fate.

The civilian deaths from US troops are not in the thousands. If people knew how we carry out these strikes they would have a differnt attitude.
The Taliban kills more Afghan civilians in a day than the US military does in a year. But, thats not important...

Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,133,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yep, I stopped having sympathy for military personnel long ago. It's been nearly 10 years since we've known what a fraud this march to War was. We know about the lying that got us there, we know how immoral and needless it is, we know about the Trillion Dollar price tag, we know that our presence over there is what is driving the hatred. So who is in the military nowadays? Mostly, it's those who are ignorant of these facts or don't give a damn. You made the choice, you can live with the consequences. And BTW I'm a veteran, so spare me the B.S. about how brave and sacrificing soldiers are compared to mere civilians.....I know better.
Can I buy you a clue for Christmas?

Old 12-11-2010, 12:08 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Quote:
How about that 100 million dollar up front price tag that paid the Military that you hold in such disdain to deliver emergency aid to the island slum of Haiti? Was that about the war?
What about when that same Military delivered massive aid to the victims of the tsunami that killed so many in SE Asia?
What about when that Military was mobilized to assist with Katrina? The handicap of course was the state and local leadership in Neworleans.
What about Toys for Tots sponcored by those useless blood thirsty Marines?
Save us the I'm a Vet line. So was Kerry when he told his original lies after Nam which he recanted as the political climate changed.
I respect your service even if you do not. I am grateful that you gave years of your life in service of this nation just as I did. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:47 PM

3,843 posts, read 3,671,618 times
Quote:
This is so mind-numbingly stupid that it hurts to even type to tell you how stupid it is. I won't waste my time explaining things to you as I think I'd get farther by banging my head against a wall.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:59 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,309,430 times
Quote:
No kidding. I'm so sick of this soldier worship that goes on. Get a life. If you can't think of any better way than killing thousands of other humans and squandering Trillions you're truly pathetic.
We have been accused of atrocities in Iraq and Afganistan. Are these just 'collateral damage' from war? Maybe so - and another good reason why WE SHOULD GET OUR ASSES OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY'!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,309,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
The civilian deaths from US troops are not in the thousands. If people knew how we carry out these strikes they would have a differnt attitude.
The Taliban kills more Afghan civilians in a day than the US military does in a year. But, thats not important...
You cannot find a reliable count of the civillians killed by our troops, because they don't count them. I would say that they go into the thousands easily. The numbers of civillians killed in Iraq are over a million. These casualties are the direct result of OUR invasion, and their blood is on OUR hands.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:34 PM

16,553 posts, read 11,061,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
You cannot find a reliable count of the civillians killed by our troops, because they don't count them. I would say that they go into the thousands easily. The numbers of civillians killed in Iraq are over a million. These casualties are the direct result of OUR invasion, and their blood is on OUR hands.
Over a million? Oh Please... Where in the world do you get your propaganda from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or