U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,309,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's moot and nonsense at the same time. So you would be ok with Sadaam and his sons torturing, raping and murdering the polpulation whenever and wherever they want just to keep Iran in check? I think a nuclear warhead would be less devastating than that, that's a joke of course....

The civilians over there need to go through a civil war to rid themselves of the infectious parasites that they have living among them. This is their chance to do it, they never did or would have this chance if Sadaam was still there. It is totally up to the people over there what direction they want to go in. If they choose extremism, then they shouldn't be surprised when a bomb or 2 falls on their towns.
The 'infectious parasite' was OUR ally, as long as he did our bidding. Are you better with the Shiites 'torturing and murdering' Christians instead of Muslims? That is about the only thing that changed in that regard.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:50 PM

More drones, more drones, more droning by Obama.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:59 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,354,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
More drones, more drones, more droning by Obama.
good that means we are hitting the terroist training grounds in the northren boarder regions of pakistan.

Which means less chance of them crossing the border to afganistan to engage our troops. which means less of our fighting men and women stationed over there will come under fire from insurgents.

I am all for drone attacks if it saves the lives and help protect our men and women who are stationed over there.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 PM

320 posts, read 245,894 times
Sounds like what the left was saying about Bush right?

This a great example how dumbed down politics is in this country. People will defend something at one point and then condemn the same action some time later. Maybe the world is right. Maybe the majority of our country ARE fat ugly imbred retards who can't think for themselves.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:30 PM

320 posts, read 245,894 times
Quote:
That's moot and nonsense at the same time. So you would be ok with Sadaam and his sons torturing, raping and murdering the polpulation whenever and wherever they want just to keep Iran in check? I think a nuclear warhead would be less devastating than that, that's a joke of course....

The civilians over there need to go through a civil war to rid themselves of the infectious parasites that they have living among them. This is their chance to do it, they never did or would have this chance if Sadaam was still there. It is totally up to the people over there what direction they want to go in. If they choose extremism, then they shouldn't be surprised when a bomb or 2 falls on their towns.
If the people want a revolution they'd do it themselves. They don't need us to tell them they need it. It is not our job to police the world. There's dictators everywhere. If you feel we should be ousting every dictator then take yourself and your family and go take them out yourselves.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
good that means we are hitting the terroist training grounds in the northren boarder regions of pakistan.

Which means less chance of them crossing the border to afganistan to engage our troops. which means less of our fighting men and women stationed over there will come under fire from insurgents.

I am all for drone attacks if it saves the lives and help protect our men and women who are stationed over there.
Let's just leave the so-called 'terrorists' alone shall we? At least until the next time we need to use them to fight the Russians for us.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 AM

7,658 posts, read 7,469,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Let's just leave the so-called 'terrorists' alone shall we? At least until the next time we need to use them to fight the Russians for us.

Was your crystal ball working back in the 80's? Mine was in the shop. Easy to be a Monday morning quaterback...

Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Was your crystal ball working back in the 80's? Mine was in the shop. Easy to be a Monday morning quaterback...
In the 80's I was totally opposed to the Regan subversions in Central America.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:53 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,662,808 times
Quote:
War is hell. There is no way around avoiding all casualties.
Yea there is....LEAVE!

End of casualties.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:57 PM

3,161 posts, read 3,714,946 times
service and MOS, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yep, I stopped having sympathy for military personnel long ago. It's been nearly 10 years since we've known what a fraud this march to War was. We know about the lying that got us there, we know how immoral and needless it is, we know about the Trillion Dollar price tag, we know that our presence over there is what is driving the hatred. So who is in the military nowadays? Mostly, it's those who are ignorant of these facts or don't give a damn. You made the choice, you can live with the consequences. And BTW I'm a veteran, so spare me the B.S. about how brave and sacrificing soldiers are compared to mere civilians.....I know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or