U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM

8,581 posts, read 8,925,635 times

Advertisements

Bubba to the rescue...if I was smart enough to figure out how to I would have the William Tell overture playing with this thread................................ RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama Ditches Tax Cut Presser After Bill Clinton Takes Control I am curious how all of the leftists , liberals or any who are peeved at Obama for being to conciliatory to the Republicans feel about him finally doing what he should have done a long time ago ,call Bubba! I gotta say, I was just thinking the other day how much this current dem crowd has made the Clintons look like wise upstanding statesman,even Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 03:11 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,479,833 times
OMG. What a public humiliation for obama, having to call in Bill Clinton to bolster his arguments. Is this fraud so out of his league, so weak that he can't even manage on his own?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...s_control.html

Quote:
Former President Bill Clinton gave a statement after his meeting with President Obama about his tax compromise with the Republicans.

However, after his statement, Clinton began to call on and take questions from the press with Obama at his side. Obama promptly after a few moments and said he had to see Michelle, as he was keeping her "waiting."
So he left bill to take over for him?

OMG, this is beyond embarrassing.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM

26,717 posts, read 14,964,466 times
Bill Clinton=The closer

Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM

8,581 posts, read 8,925,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
OMG. What a public humiliation for obama, having to call in Bill Clinton to bolster his arguments. Is this fraud so out of his league, so weak that he can't even manage on his own?
I was thinking the same ......is this unprecedented for a sitting potus to bring in a former and actually pass off a press conference.....wow!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM

22,243 posts, read 14,737,418 times
Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy and lowered them on the middle class. What's not to like? It was economically, very effective.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 PM

10,963 posts, read 7,757,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Bubba to the rescue...if I was smart enough to figure out how to I would have the William Tell overture playing with this thread................................ RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama Ditches Tax Cut Presser After Bill Clinton Takes Control I am curious how all of the leftists , liberals or any who are peeved at Obama for being to conciliatory to the Republicans feel about him finally doing what he should have done a long time ago ,call Bubba! I gotta say, I was just thinking the other day how much this current dem crowd has made the Clintons look like wise upstanding statesman,even Hillary.
In terms of economic stewardship Bill Clinton is easily the best President we had in the last 30 years bar none.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:32 PM

888 posts, read 1,006,801 times
Even with his pants wrapped around his ankles.....he was a MUCH better President than Bush or Obama.

Steve

Old 12-10-2010, 03:38 PM

32,111 posts, read 39,184,670 times
A difference, though, is Clinton had a Congress made up of members who knew that you had to compromise to accomplish anything. Obama doesn't, in large measure. Just look at the folks on here, from both sides, who are "NO COMPROMISE! WE'LL DIE ON THE BARRICADES FIRST!!" types.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:41 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,009,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama Ditches Tax Cut Presser After Bill Clinton Takes Control

So he left bill to take over for him?

OMG, this is beyond embarrassing.
I'm starting to think Bill Clinton is co-president of the United States.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM

22,151 posts, read 26,616,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy and lowered them on the middle class. What's not to like? It was economically, very effective.
Raising taxes doesn't help the economy- just the opposite. Clinton benefited from the Internet boom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies