U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 PM

14,920 posts, read 10,730,356 times

Advertisements

Only terrorists say "Happy Holidays"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 06:30 PM

7,658 posts, read 7,466,436 times
I was raised as a Methodist, so I say "Merry Christmas" out of habit - unless I'm saying it to someone I know isn't a Christian, then I say "Happy Holidays".

Old 12-10-2010, 06:42 PM

19,683 posts, read 13,295,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
‘Merry Christmas’ Beating Out ‘Happy Holidays’ « Liveshots

Not that big a deal to me; but interesting. I think overall its a good sign. These aren't government establishments, afterall and the season is primarily about "Christmas." But, again, as long as no one tries to stop me from celebrating Christmas within my Church and Family, it doesn't really matter what the secular world does. But, I do believe that "overall," the Christian Faith is a peaceful, loving religion and is not a bad thing to acknowledge. Anybody have a problem with this?
I dont have a problem with religion and anyone practicing it, to include Muslims, who should not be penalized for the actions of those 19 suicide hijackers on Sept. 11th, 2001.

When do Christians have such a problem with the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" when its really a place of faith for people who are not Christian?

Thats called tolerance. Christians should practice more of that, but since its Christimas specifically you are asking about, I dont know of anyone who has more of a problem with "Merry Christmas" than alleged Christians fearing others are somehow "bothered" by it.

Pfft. Happy Festivus

Old 12-10-2010, 06:50 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,045,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yeah, from Fox News, and the information comes from Christian conservative groups.

Where are the numbers to back up their "assumption"

Not that it matters to me. I don't care what people do with their own money. I'm just pissed at my city, state, and country spending my tax dollars to celebrate Christs Mass
In this telephone poll 65% of people said they celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday while 25% said they do it as a secular holiday. Does it hurt you to know that you are in a small minority? Read the first half of the link to see what people actually said and to get a chance to see the question that was asked.

Whoops, I forgot that the numbers last year were about the same as this year.

Most Celebrate Christmas as a Religious Holiday - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 12-10-2010, 06:53 PM

6,950 posts, read 5,219,752 times
Quote:
‘Merry Christmas’ Beating Out ‘Happy Holidays’ « Liveshots

Not that big a deal to me; but interesting. I think overall its a good sign. These aren't government establishments, afterall and the season is primarily about "Christmas." But, again, as long as no one tries to stop me from celebrating Christmas within my Church and Family, it doesn't really matter what the secular world does. But, I do believe that "overall," the Christian Faith is a peaceful, loving religion and is not a bad thing to acknowledge. Anybody have a problem with this?
I have a problem with ANOTHER thread about the non-war on Christmas!!

Old 12-10-2010, 06:53 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,045,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't care. I really REALLY don't care. Nobody does...it's just the media punking everyone.
You don't care, butI do and won't respond when someone says anything about Holidays.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:15 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,472,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I respect the people I express greetings to, I use both.....either or.
I let 'em respect me, or not.

Merry Christmas!

I'm wishing them MY thing, not THEIR thing.

They can take it or leave it, I say.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 PM

250 posts, read 324,133 times
Quote:
But, again, as long as no one tries to stop me from celebrating Christmas within my Church and Family, it doesn't really matter what the secular world does.
I'm curious who has been trying to stop you from celebrating Christmas within your church or family. I've never heard of such a thing.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 PM

250 posts, read 324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You don't care, butI do and won't respond when someone says anything about Holidays.
So, if I said "Happy Holidays" to you, you would just ignore me?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:30 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,472,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
So, if I said "Happy Holidays" to you, you would just ignore me?
Euro-peans take holidays - Americans HAVE them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or