U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 12:51 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,582,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, you believe, you think, it was likely, blah blah blah. Good thing our nation doesnt legislate based upon beliefs.. With the hundreds of thousands of pages they left as a paper trail, Its far more likely that they couldnt fine one indication that he was involved or he would have been tried and put in prison as well.

Its possible that it might be coming, which might explain the suicide, but I'll reserve judgement until there is something to indicate this is true rather than just guessing and then pronouncing guilt prior..
I'm sorry. I forgot our lega/justice system is perfect. No one is in jail that shouldn't be and no one is free that should be in jail. It's just a perfect system.

Maybe he was upset that Bristol didn't win dancing with the stars so he hung himself. Or maybe he didn't have cream for his coffee...

Maybe he was just a supreme coward who killed himself with a two year old in the next room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 10:45 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,696,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Just what have Mark or his father ever contributed to this country?
They were parasites who lived like kings while lowering the standard of living of others. Pardon me if I don't grieve
Well Bernie was a big time Liberal Democrat! Imagine that one....

Suicide is a very sad thing for the family to live beyond and that poor child will find out the details of what his dad did some point in his life.
I am shocked at some of the posts in this thread. Very sad.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:58 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,439,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Thank God they informed us the dog was unharmed!
Quote:
Since 1993, it has been owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, which had owned it previously from 1976 to 1988. It is the sixth-largest newspaper in the U.S. by circulation.
New York Post - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-11-2010, 11:00 PM

85,004 posts, read 98,863,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And sometimes people don't even read the linked articles because that was not the case in this instance.
You know all this from reading that link? I guess I got a different article when I clicked on it.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,831,584 times
When something like his happens I think of the bible. "The sins of the father are visited upon their children."

What we do does have consequences, if not on us then on our children. Sad situation all around.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Sounds like he just couldn't bear the thought of living with less of that stolen money. He loved the money more than life itself, more than his wife and child. The love of money is the root of all evil.
He was betrayed by his own father. His father taught him much of everything he knew to make an 'honest' living and he was betrayed.
The Box If You Push the Button from WarnerBrosEntertainment

Old 12-11-2010, 11:24 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,843,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
His son's are the ones who discovered the fraud and turned him in. Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Dad's arrest. Maybe the guilt got to Mark. There have been no claims that Mark knew about the fraud - in fact the recent lawsuit accused him "of failing to detect the fraud while living lavish lifestyles financed with the family's ill-gotten fortune.".
The story was that he confessed to them so they turned him in to the feds which always sounded too neat for me...

Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,843,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I have a tough time believing that he didn't know something was going on. I think it is much more likely that more than Bernie was involved in this multi billiion dollar con job.
I worked with a wealthy Jewish woman who told me that she and her husband, who was a savvy business man, never invested with Madoff. His numbers were just too good year after year and her husband said that was impossible to do.
So how could the family and co-workers not know???

Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
The story was that he confessed to them so they turned him in to the feds which always sounded too neat for me...
It's as neat as an "Enron" inheritance. Justice for investors? Zero. So what is our justice department (through legislative manipulations) animated to protect under the catch all name of truth and justice?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:18 AM

69,372 posts, read 53,627,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I'm sorry. I forgot our lega/justice system is perfect. No one is in jail that shouldn't be and no one is free that should be in jail. It's just a perfect system.

Maybe he was upset that Bristol didn't win dancing with the stars so he hung himself. Or maybe he didn't have cream for his coffee...

Maybe he was just a supreme coward who killed himself with a two year old in the next room.
The fact that our criminal justice system isnt perfect doesnt minize that we have an innocent until proven guilty system in america, and with hundreds of thousands of pages found, one would think that if they were guilty.. they would have been charged with a criminal act by now..
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I worked with a wealthy Jewish woman who told me that she and her husband, who was a savvy business man, never invested with Madoff. His numbers were just too good year after year and her husband said that was impossible to do.
So how could the family and co-workers not know???
The numbers are far from impossible.. It depends on the magnitude of the amount being invested. One can get hundreds of percent return a year investing lower sums, but the larger your "pot" to invest, the more difficult the higher returns are without spreading out into other investments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies