U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-12-2010, 06:16 AM
 
Location: My little patch of Earth
6,193 posts, read 4,373,737 times
Reputation: 3042

Advertisements

Perhaps Robert Gibbs should be worried for his job? Clinton can speak for O better than that little weasel.

Speaking of which, Gibbs reactions are gonna be far more entertaining Monday dealing with this than the whole event itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 AM
 
18,160 posts, read 16,492,457 times
Reputation: 9762
Obama was just a figurehead for the Clintons anyway. He's getting ready to step down to give Hillary a brief term as President before the 2012 elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 08:55 AM
 
7,994 posts, read 10,924,212 times
Reputation: 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Didn't see a thread on this.


Press Briefing with President Obama and President Clinton

He gives Clinton the stage while he goes to a Christmas party.

Is Obama so weak that he can't handle this on his own?

Bill's Back: Clinton commands stage at White House (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bills-Back-Clinton-commands-apf-4065249916.html?x=0 - broken link)
This was hysterical. Obami looks like a little kid running away from a fight. Obami is weak, weak, weak, weak, weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,337,825 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Didn't see a thread on this.


Press Briefing with President Obama and President Clinton

He gives Clinton the stage while he goes to a Christmas party.

Is Obama so weak that he can't handle this on his own?

Bill's Back: Clinton commands stage at White House (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bills-Back-Clinton-commands-apf-4065249916.html?x=0 - broken link)
I saw it when it happened. I felt it made the President look like a real human, he didn't want to keep his wife waiting.

I saw nothing wrong with what happened, I don't think it was done out of weakness. I think that President Obama knew that former President Clinton was more than capable of handling questions on their discussion, and he just wanted to get out of there and spend some time with his wife.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 AM
 
62,640 posts, read 27,865,532 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I saw it when it happened. I felt it made the President look like a real human, he didn't want to keep his wife waiting.

I saw nothing wrong with what happened, I don't think it was done out of weakness. I think that President Obama knew that former President Clinton was more than capable of handling questions on their discussion, and he just wanted to get out of there and spend some time with his wife.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Your spin is belied by the fact that nothing like that has ever happened, until now. The sitting U.S. President does not abdicate a White House press conference (note the prominently displayed White House emblem in the background). To do so telegraphs weakness. Many have taken note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 AM
 
880 posts, read 1,691,959 times
Reputation: 623
What a duo the blind leading the blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,337,825 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Your spin is belied by the fact that nothing like that has ever happened, until now. The sitting U.S. President does not abdicate a White House press conference (note the prominently displayed White House emblem in the background). To do so telegraphs weakness. Many have taken note.
Generally former Presidents haven't lived long enough to come back and visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 AM
 
62,640 posts, read 27,865,532 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Generally former Presidents haven't lived long enough to come back and visit.
Not so. We've just recently (within the last 10 years) had 5 living former U.S. Presidents. There are fewer now, which makes Obama's abdication even more of a weak move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,337,825 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not so. We've just recently (within the last 10 years) had 5 living former U.S. Presidents. There are fewer now, which makes Obama's abdication even more of a weak move.
Such is your opinion.

The last three Democratic Presidents were Carter, Clinton, and Obama. No one wants Carter to speak, for obvious reasons. The last three Republican Presidents were President Reagan, and the subsequent President Bush's. Now Reagan couldn't speak, and no one wants a one term President speaking in public either. Before that, most of the Presidents were dead when the guy 12 years after their term in office were there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:34 AM
 
62,640 posts, read 27,865,532 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Such is your opinion.

The last three Democratic Presidents were Carter, Clinton, and Obama. No one wants Carter to speak, for obvious reasons. The last three Republican Presidents were President Reagan, and the subsequent President Bush's. Now Reagan couldn't speak, and no one wants a one term President speaking in public either.
Speaking in public is not what we're talking about. Abdicating a White House press conference is, which is why it has never happened ...until now. Abdication is a sign of weakness. Many have taken note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top