U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:10 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,878,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Probably one of the most embarrassing moments in our history.

What the hell was the idiot thinking?

Slick Barry has something up his sleeve.

Maybe he is going to resign to someone who can actually do the job?

Biden's been MIA, I guess come January that leaves Boehner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 01:27 PM

8,567 posts, read 9,337,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Think outside your little box. Other countries' leaders saw Obama abdicate and display weakness.
As the world turns, absolutely correct. The rest of the world now finds itself with no cohesive relationship with the U.S.

Party on BO...

Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,812,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I love the feigned outrage. I'm pretty sure that Slick Willie knew and understood what was going on....seeing as he's an ex-prez and all. The prez has a tight sched. This is much ado about donut.
A "tight sched" that dismisses press conferences on a major policy issue in favor of.......parties.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,812,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I saw it when it happened. I felt it made the President look like a real human, he didn't want to keep his wife waiting.

I saw nothing wrong with what happened, I don't think it was done out of weakness. I think that President Obama knew that former President Clinton was more than capable of handling questions on their discussion, and he just wanted to get out of there and spend some time with his wife.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Then maybe Obama should have run for Lion's Club Prez or something like that. President of the United States is just a little more important than being late for wifey's party.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,671,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Probably one of the most embarrassing moments in our history.

What the hell was the idiot thinking?

Slick Barry has something up his sleeve.

Maybe he is going to resign to someone who can actually do the job?

Indeed ... How much longer will the WH inhabitants continue to "Thumb their Nose" at the American people and "Shuck & Jibe" their way around the "Big Issues" facing this nation ?

As we consider this most tragic situation, it appears that immediate "resignation" by the "One & Crew "is the only effective answer for this most dire situation !

So Mote It Be !

Have A Nice Day ! / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 12-12-2010, 02:01 PM

18,102 posts, read 16,645,847 times
He left a press conference? OMG what is this world coming too. He put Clinton in charge to speak to people? OMG what is this country coming too? You republican hypocrites are incredible. So he left a press conference. Geez people get a grip on reality. Grow up and hug your spouse or children instead of complaining about every little thing Obama does.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 PM

6,193 posts, read 4,369,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Then maybe Obama should have run for Lion's Club Prez or something like that. President of the United States is just a little more important than being late for wifey's party.
Oh, c'mon. Have you seen her arms? If he's late again, well.....I'll say this, I think she could take him.....

Old 12-12-2010, 02:24 PM

26,496 posts, read 24,235,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Yes actually we do..You libs would have had Bush's a*&^ if he would have left early to join his wife and let his dad speak-plus you would have called Laura every bad word in the world
Please. Don't include me in the same category as the irrational conservatives and irrational liberals who are unbalanced and can't discern between a serious issue and one that's made up out of thin air - as is this one.

I'm reminded of the discussion that someone started a while back that made a big deal out of Michelle Obama's eyelashes. It was just as frivolous.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:31 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,955,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Didn't see a thread on this.

Press Briefing with President Obama and President Clinton

He gives Clinton the stage while he goes to a Christmas party.

Is Obama so weak that he can't handle this on his own?

Bill's Back: Clinton commands stage at White House (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bills-Back-Clinton-commands-apf-4065249916.html?x=0 - broken link)
It really didn't help the perception that Obama is aloof at his job. I do know that Presidents in the past sought advice from former Presidents. If you listen to the LBJ tapes, there are a number of conversations where he sought the advice of Presidents Eisenhower & Truman, but they didn't take the stage as far as I know.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:47 PM

7,994 posts, read 10,916,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
A "tight sched" that dismisses press conferences on a major policy issue in favor of.......parties.
Really shows where Obama's head is....a social / party takes greater priority than major U.S. policy???? Seriously???????

Maybe Obama needs to be a professional party planner or the White House gardener....he certainly does not need to be POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies