Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Conscript the Tea party patriots?
Yes, accountability needs to be restored to 1st amendment rights 12 50.00%
No, let them go on plotting against the USA dictate the new definition of America from the bottom up. 6 25.00%
Other more create options not mentioned 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times

Advertisements

What a biased poll. I voted "other" b/c the assumption you have made is false. Therefore, your poll is not valid. Honestly, this is one of the dumbest thread topics I've ever seen...let's draft tea party members to fight in a war that some of them don't even agree with just b/c you hate what they stand for. As the other poster said, many of them have already been in the service. What more do you want from people? Oh, that's right, you're a liberal, so you want to tell people how to live their lives, especially those you don't agree with. I forgot, my bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 10:20 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
"Patriots" talking loudest ought to put their money where their mouths are IMO. So how do all of you feel about it?

good point.
obama should suit up and hit the mountains of A-stain to lead his troops into battle.

see how ignorant that argument is ?

Old 12-12-2010, 10:23 AM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Should Tea Party be conscripted and sent to Afghanistan?
It appears that one of the most hardcore leftists on City-Data wishes to do away with the all-volunteer Army in this country, but very predictably, she wants only those with political philosophies that differ from hers to be required to serve.

I love this country. Regardless of how insanely stupid your ideas are, you're free to voice them openly, thanks to the Constitution that the Tea Party folks are working to preserve. People like the OP apparently want to do away with it - as evidenced by her desire to change the structure of our armed forces.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:27 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
"Patriots" talking loudest ought to put their money where their mouths are IMO. So how do all of you feel about it?

About a week ago I felt that I had read the most asinine post that I had ever seen on this or any forum. I now feel that has changed after reading this post today.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:50 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,917,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
This is stupid. Why don't all liberals "put their money where their mouths are" and give all their money to the government and the poor? A lot of Tea Partiers are too old to be in the military. Furthermore one can support an idea without having to enlist/join up/etc. Most people I know support a free and safe society but they don't all become Police Officers. Most people I know support the idea of suppressing fires and saving property but they don't all become Firefighters, etc. This whole silly argument is stupid. One can support the idea of a free society safe from radical terrorism without having to enlist in the military.
Quote:
good point.
obama should suit up and hit the mountains of A-stain to lead his troops into battle.

see how ignorant that argument is ?
Yes and yes.

And furthermore, if everyone literally acted upon what they believe all the time, the world would be in chaos. There would be no sense of order. The OP's idea is ridiculous. It would be like saying that everyone who supports gay marriage should have to take on a same sex spouse, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 AM

19,833 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
This is truly one of the most ignorant partisan threads I've seen.
Without doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Maybe you should add "Fox News viewers" and "those that didn't vote for Obama" to your list.

Did the recent election really have that much of an effect on you?

What's next? A "Fox employees are enemy combatants" thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It appears that one of the most hardcore leftists on City-Data wishes to do away with the all-volunteer Army in this country, but very predictably, she wants only those with political philosophies that differ from hers to be required to serve.

I love this country. Regardless of how insanely stupid your ideas are, you're free to voice them openly, thanks to the Constitution that the Tea Party folks are working to preserve. People like the OP apparently want to do away with it - as evidenced by her desire to change the structure of our armed forces.
Great post. OP has been sounding like another poster, "mom", that has been quiet lately.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Sure..draft all the people who don't tow the party line.
Get them out of America so you can rule as YOU see fit.
Get rid of all dissention and then no one is left to stand in your way of total control.

Go for it and then make up a nice word for what you've done.
Then create a CHEKA for those that didn't go.
Then you can nationalize all business and redistribute jobs and wealth in a "fair" manner.

Then your goal of Utopia is complete.

By all means..go for it.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Obviously a thread started by someone who has no knowledge of military entrance requirements, regarding age, fitness, etc... . Liberal idiocy at its finest are these types of threads.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:16 PM

433 posts, read 459,703 times
Quote:
Patriots typically talk loudest with their actions. Having spent more than half my life in and around the military I can count the dedicated leftists I've known in the Military on two hands. They just don't seem to be interested in service or participating in protecting freedom; They seem to believe that loud voices and complaints are all that is required.
My GGgrandfather, Ggranfather, Grandfather, Father and I served. Two of my three children served. Brothers, uncles, aunts, and cousins too numerous to count served. IMO, that defines a Patriotic family, we didn't always agree with our politicians but stood to when called.

Perhaps we should make Military service a prerequisite for voting?

How about you share your own family history of service to nation - before you throw aspersions on true patriots who happen to be political activists that don't agree with your particular POV?

Proud Patriot who has served his nation.

Dano

Last edited by DanoTex; 12-12-2010 at 02:08 PM..

Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
Patriots typically talk loudest with their actions. Having spent more than half my life in and around the military I can count the dedicated leftists I've known in the Military on two hands. They just don't seem to be interested in service or participating in protecting freedom; They seem to believe that loud voices and complaints are all that is required.
My GGgrandfather, Ggranfather, Grandfather, Father and I served. Two of my three children served. Brothers, uncles, aunts, and cousins too numerous to count served. IMO, that defines a Patriotic family, we didn't always agree with our politicians but stood to when called.

Perhaps we should make Military service a prerequisite for voting?

How about you share your own family history of service to nation - before you throw aspersions on true patriots who happen to be political activists that don't agree with your particular POV?

Proud Patriot who has served his nation.

Dano
Serve in the Infantry, hold the CIB ? or in the rear with the gear ?
I'm a liberal who was a regular, it was damn funny when the American government was asking the Australian government to call up all those liberals because brave American conservatives were to valuable to be risked in SE Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies