U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Conscript the Tea party patriots?
Yes, accountability needs to be restored to 1st amendment rights 12 50.00%
No, let them go on plotting against the USA dictate the new definition of America from the bottom up. 6 25.00%
Other more create options not mentioned 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM

12,097 posts, read 9,630,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It appears that one of the most hardcore leftists on City-Data wishes to do away with the all-volunteer Army in this country, but very predictably, she wants only those with political philosophies that differ from hers to be required to serve.

I love this country. Regardless of how insanely stupid your ideas are, you're free to voice them openly, thanks to the Constitution that the Tea Party folks are working to preserve. People like the OP apparently want to do away with it - as evidenced by her desire to change the structure of our armed forces.

Which "country" would that be, Nevada or the USA? I ask since most Tea Partiers seem to believe the US is made up of 50 different countries. You know, the whole sovereign state thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,445,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I would be more inclined to conscript the Hollywood gang who made millions making movies about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Not one thin dime of my money went to those films, but I suppose you're right, they DESERVE a tax break. They EARNED it.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:36 PM

10,400 posts, read 8,362,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
"Patriots" talking loudest ought to put their money where their mouths are IMO. So how do all of you feel about it?
Send Obama and his crowd THEY are the ones running it now.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,520,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The tea people are for the most part, overweight, underinformed white retirees.

What purpose could they serve in Afghanistan other than easy target practice for the Taliban?
Prove your allegations or are you just proving your ignorance

Old 12-15-2010, 08:27 AM

19,454 posts, read 13,205,196 times
Quote:
"Patriots" talking loudest ought to put their money where their mouths are IMO. So how do all of you feel about it?
This is stupid. When have we seen the Taxed Enough Already party rallying over the war? The TEA party is concerned about high taxes, deficit spending, and the federal government over reaching.

I think everyone who votes Democrat aught to pay 10% more in taxes, to pay for the more, bigger gob'mnt they so dearly love.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Who is more to blame, the minority of gutless pro-war keyboard commandos whining about patriotic this and that too cowardly to join the military or the silent majority of those on the spineless left who acquiesced to make this whole thing possible?

I've long since been sick and tired of hearing every Billy bad arse from the duke stupid nuke'm crowd carry on incessantly on how American needs to do this and do that but is too chicken chit to put a pair of boots on and put their money where their mouth is, America has always had its share of cowards. At the same time, I am pretty tired of how the left abdicated its part in this whole thing as well, and it makes me even more frustrated that they can lay so much of this blame on the right.

Everyone wants to place some blame, but at the time when the question to do something about this situation arose, NO ONE was talking about NOT putting boots on the ground, nearly everyone was for more troops, more equipment, more effort for the "right war". Well as I say now as I said then, this isn't the right war, this isn't the good war, and our window of opportunity for truly meaningful change and influence has long since left the building.

American's have this mindset that once in country, the prevailing attitude is "we broke it now we have to fix it" but when you have something that cannot be fixed, how long do you wait to come to this conclusion? After we are face down in a gutter broke? The time to ask these questions has came and gone and now I see a lot of buyers remorse and I'm sorry but I told yall so.
1st bolded post I'd need to see your evidence/ examples of that because it's inconsistent with what I saw on the ground in NY, what I heard from those upper new england states that have a wild card independent streak, and cali/ chitown. Just because some liberals are hawkish doesn't mean it represents them all any more than McVie represents NRA. Go to archives of youtube for peace marches, most of them met with abusive practices, and ZERO media coverage. Those weren't all liberals BTW- it was across party lines and ZERO polls indicating that. We've already had this conversation-- our checks and balances are breached. Liberals & dems weren't silent, they were systematically silenced. They were drowned out by electronically controlled cheer leaders. Ron Paul was similarly drowned out, as was Byrd. The most senior conservative Dem was saying no, and he was marginalized by whom?

2nd bolded post No one with sufficient authority did. I've never minced an apology to liberals that from moderate stance combined with my sense of loyalty to service, I squandered my time trying to calm people down and encouraged them to let the system work. I waited for DOJ to deliver and they had orders to sit. Am I guilty? Absolutely. We all are to some degree. But the ones most guilty are the ones who allowed their loyalty to their party to ditch their loyalty to their country. Bush exploited peoples instinct to defend their country, and their loyalty to our troops, by hiding behind my skirt. I don't think you could possibly get anymore cowardly than that.

3rd bolded post An XO who taught me a thing or two about leadership. When a crew is too occupied back biting, you've got to give all of them something to be miserable about together. Martial law was started when? Obama using those tactics he could have easily flooded the market with a flat tax of inflation. Redistributed wealth and instant justice for profiteers of strife, because one way or another we're all (western civilization) collateral damage in this game played by think tanks. China has sat back grinning like a cheshire cat. When infighting reaches it's highest pitch in power grabs, the ball reliably delivers itself to your feet. There are ill motivated people in libertarian camp doing the exact same thing. Every character Tea has sent to DC is instructed to engage power grabs, not to serve their country. They're targeting moderate candidates throughout the spectrum to perpetuate the infighting mode long enough to finish bleeding our country out.

The damage from 911 continues because we allowed it. It continues because there are too many who really believe we do not need to change, and others still mean to seize this opportunity to eradicate the constitution as we know it. Our financial catastrophe was exploited to it's extremes playing one partisan off another partisan, blinded to everything they were doing. We were financially attacked from within and it's done more damage to global trade in the whole of western civilization than any plane knocking down WTC could ever aspire. Right still does not believe there's anything wrong with itself that turning back the clock (50's, 20's, antebellum south) won't cure. Maybe going completely broke is the only thing that's going to make them let go of their life long affair with corrupt business practices, but I seriously doubt it because it's their next meal ticket. They've consistently come to the aid and defense of corruption. How can you let that go? What says Ron Paul on this subject? Please explain.

Buyers remorse--- 911 was a sucker punch, it was a common sentiment across all party lines in NY and republican lackey's claimed NY'rs needed therapy for saying it. RW media did it's level best to paint all blue states as 911 truthers, but in their defense, why was evidence needful of suppression? Every conspiracy theory known to man can only thrive in darkness. I believe that was intentional to keep people distracted the same way Tea is being used as diversionary tactic. So, we told you so too, if any of you cared to listen. Did you, or did the media decide you didn't need to hear? That said, who still refuses to hear that? Not dems. Not libertarians. Not Indies. Who does that leave standing?

Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think everybody who believes in global warming should be forced to clear driveways and sidewalks of snow. And don't let them wear coats, only tee shirts.
I'm glad you brought that up because it's an echo of a common illness.
The jury is still out on global warming considering both sides saw fit to manufacture evidence in competing brands of junk science. Who profits from such a mockery of truth & justice? Science is to be in service to truth, not to capitalism. Science is unable to do it's job when only the highest bidder decides what merits investigation and what gets published.

So I can agree with you wholeheartedly only if you will also agree that if global warming is proven true, you accept the life long duty of operating hand bilge pumps to irrigate crops rendered to dust from drought, and hand bilge pumps to de-flood states/ cities like new orleans.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Enter Harborlady and her retarded bait thread intended to deflect attention away from the failures of the current Administration
The only thing you hear is drama. Why are you addicted to drama? Did I install that in your head?

Your full time career on CD is dedicated to animating everything you've accused others of doing. You see the country in terms of absolutes, and republicans are your saviors. Hail hail Ayn Rand worship. When no one is interested in the poison you're selling, you'll put poison in the ears of all about your 'competitor' (who was supposed to be your partner). Whose bright idea was it to claim that a republican dominated nation revising the constitution to suit themselves has anything to do with being an ACTUAL American? Why are so many republicans animating themselves words & deeds with intentions of annihilating all political parties 'failing to be them'?

No momon, as per usual, it's all about you. Troops be damned. Best interest of a nation be damned. The constitution be damned. Abuse every civil right you have and guarantee every one of those rights be depreciated or justify abolishment by lockstep authoritarians on both sides of the aisle. You are part of the sickness, not part of the solution. You're deluded beyond all reason, and it's intentional.

My intention of this thread was a very straightforward question about a very core principle of conservative values-- Personal accountability. Watching how many of you twisting in the breeze with outrageous accusations is only proving my point. You deflected the question by blaming Obama administration with revisionist history telling as the root of all problems in your warped world view. You can't even examine the root causes of fiscal disease if it in any slight way implicates your party, because you are loyal to the party, not to your country. The programs that paid for themselves didn't bring us here. The leeches glomming onto them & exploiting for unintended purposes did. You're defending leeches.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 PM

5,777 posts, read 3,102,860 times
Quote:
I put my money where my mouth was years ago ..... didn't see BO do the same. He gets to be CiC in spite of his not putting his money where his mouth is ... why pray tell are you so concerned about Tea Party members and their service records (or lack thereof?)

Old 12-15-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The tea people are for the most part, overweight, underinformed white retirees.

What purpose could they serve in Afghanistan other than easy target practice for the Taliban?
Animated in self service even at the expense of their children. These same characters were all too happy to price their children out of their home town riding high with artificial self worth on hyper inflated real estate. I've got mine, cut the rungs of the ladders behind you so your kids can't follow. That's why it's become a joke and a half. Middle class used to be tasked with the hand up, not the hand out in the field, not handed the bill entirely AND do the work of tutoring. We taught the bottom how to lift themselves up but nouveau riche divorced themselves from that ethic. Ayn Rand installed in media, let the destruction of civilization commence.

So ask not what a given party is, but ask yourself what it is trying to protect. Tea is protecting Reaganomics as per newscorp & koch. The very same poison, the same hair of the dog they became wayward on. Business is redefined as corruption under reaganomics and that poison never left our government. They've only instructed the cops not to enforce the law, or erase the law entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies