Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Conscript the Tea party patriots?
Yes, accountability needs to be restored to 1st amendment rights 12 50.00%
No, let them go on plotting against the USA dictate the new definition of America from the bottom up. 6 25.00%
Other more create options not mentioned 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:38 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You clearly don't know as much as you think you do about the Tea Party, many of us didn't support these wars and want our troops home. The Tea Party began with many of us who supported Ron Paul long prior to the 2008 elections and if you knew anything you would know that Paul didn't support these wars and especially the cost of fighting them.
Interesting. 70% social conservative republicans, but you're insisting libertarians 'own' Tea? Your right to free speech is to continue lying and malign anyone who dares question the truckload of manure you're selling. But you're the victim of persecution you say??? That's the point of this thread in case you haven't noticed choice #1.

You're free to present your evidence of posters in Tea rally's making any mention of wrongful mission statements or of bringing our troops home. Oddly enough, all that freebie news coverage from FOX seems to overlook them or make any mention of Afghanistan. At best they use the troops as photo op human shields to baffle people with BS. Suppose there's a reason for that?

I'm well aware of Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich stance and I salute their resolve and sobriety reasoning against the tide of monied interests steering mandates. Senator Byrd also took a stand, may he rest in peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts4FZAsjEhU

Fact remains staring you dead in the eye and you refuse to look or take responsibility for anything you're doing.
The very same think tanks that concocted this war before it was a war is the same think tank running Tea. They put poison in your ears against your countrymen and against your country. These think tanks are traitors and you've thrown in with them. No one is a traitor for speaking up against injustice and laying down the evidence for concerns so that we all might judge for ourselves. They're traitors for perpetrating injustice tampering with evidence. TEA are traitors for remaining silent when injustice occurred, deflecting blame every which way and attacking anyone else genuinely defending their country since for the 'crime' of failing to agree with good little nazi's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
As long as we can have any expense caused by illegal aliens paid for by liberals.
We had no idea of knowing how many there were until outrageous levels of over payments into SS were happening. Ask Repubs why they saw fit to leave the canyon of beaten trails wide open while they had a blank check in their hands post 911. As Tom Delay said, it's too bad we need all those Mexicans to do our under paid thankless labor. Can't wipe their own behinds and would rather spend their every waking moment trying to rebrand slavery with loopholes.

Last edited by harborlady; 12-14-2010 at 03:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i will put it this way;

you get the marine corps to accept me, a 52 year old, overweight, diabetic, anemic, with kidney disease, and high blood pressure, and i will head out to paris island south carolina for boot camp, then to what ever hot zone the marines feel like they want to send me to.
Rbohm you are the FIRST one to stand up and take responsibility. What a refreshing change!

No, you don't belong in the marines and neither do I. You belong straightening out this mess at home by committing yourself to the truth like it was your religion. No matter how ugly, no matter how bad it makes us look, look it dead in the eye. Find the answers and help us all get on the same page. That same page is and will always be the constitution.

As for all the veterans who posted in this thread waving resumes and tugging on their collars-- there would be no better qualified think tank to draw the map for exiting out of a quagmire than vietnam veterans. Why aren't they? While old timers are sitting on their VFW barstool duffs, my brothers and sisters in arms...
Quote:
The number of soldiers committing suicide is higher than that of the soldiers killed in Afghanistan since 2001
U.S. Military suicides Kill more than the battles - English pravda.ru
Is that a leftist lie? Verified by AP and DOD.
Civilian soldiers' suicide rate alarming - USATODAY.com

Old 12-14-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Nothing in my post claimed Obama authored this war. How you could reach that conclusion based on what I said is beyond me.

As far as the video of Obama claiming combat operations are over goes I'm calling BS. 50,000 troops are still in harm's way. Special Operations are still conducting offensive operations. Renaming the conflict in an attempt to amass political points is both disingenuous and shameful.

The fact that you consider this a centrist administration showcases your personal far left leanings.

As an aside despite your best and twisted efforts to pervert facts into something that supports your extreme liberal views the TEA Party in no way formed or supported the "patriot act". They were not in existence at the time of it's inception. However, many of your "enlightened" Democrat leaders voted in favor of it and extended it despite having control of both houses and the Presidency.

Your political ideology is nearly as bankrupt as your grasp of reality is tenuous.
Surprise surprise more ad hominem.

Do your homework.
Who authored this war?
Who authored the patriot act?
Who is profiting from this war?
Who has profited insanely from a war against liberals?
Does that match the definition of enemy combatant (declaring war on US citizens)?
Who authored the legislation of deregulation?
Who sold it?
Who profited from it?
Who lost from it?

Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,398 times
They need cannon fodder, so I don't see why not send the fat 52 year old patriot in. He can still move his limbs, can't he? Give him a chore to do or something. He could at least carry the sandbags.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:46 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
We already have "Patriots" there, the Men & Women fighting
for "OUR" freedom

And I'm pretty sure the "Patriot" line to go would be much
longer then the "liberal" line to defend America as the current
administration has proven that it does not have America's
best interest at heart along with your support !

So Put your money where the "liberal" mouth is, Show
your support for the failed policies your of guy that is in
presidential on the job training at Americas expense
and send a check to the following address

Department of the Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20220

Well said!!

I double this comment! Stop talking the talk and start walking the walk libs.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
"Patriots" talking loudest ought to put their money where their mouths are IMO. So how do all of you feel about it?
I would be more inclined to conscript the Hollywood gang who made millions making movies about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
"Patriots" talking loudest ought to put their money where their mouths are IMO. So how do all of you feel about it?
Who is more to blame, the minority of gutless pro-war keyboard commandos whining about patriotic this and that too cowardly to join the military or the silent majority of those on the spineless left who acquiesced to make this whole thing possible?

I've long since been sick and tired of hearing every Billy bad arse from the duke stupid nuke'm crowd carry on incessantly on how American needs to do this and do that but is too chicken chit to put a pair of boots on and put their money where their mouth is, America has always had its share of cowards. At the same time, I am pretty tired of how the left abdicated its part in this whole thing as well, and it makes me even more frustrated that they can lay so much of this blame on the right.

Everyone wants to place some blame, but at the time when the question to do something about this situation arose, NO ONE was talking about NOT putting boots on the ground, nearly everyone was for more troops, more equipment, more effort for the "right war". Well as I say now as I said then, this isn't the right war, this isn't the good war, and our window of opportunity for truly meaningful change and influence has long since left the building.

American's have this mindset that once in country, the prevailing attitude is "we broke it now we have to fix it" but when you have something that cannot be fixed, how long do you wait to come to this conclusion? After we are face down in a gutter broke? The time to ask these questions has came and gone and now I see a lot of buyers remorse and I'm sorry but I told yall so.

Quote:
"I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell." - Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I think everybody who believes in global warming should be forced to clear driveways and sidewalks of snow. And don't let them wear coats, only tee shirts.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A country does not own it's citizens. Which is a very good thing considering the many over reaching, failed policies our Federal Government implements. A Patriot believes in the Constitution. Trade with all nations, intangling alliances with none. Just as our Founders wanted.

Issues matter. It's a shame the left has become silent about our illegal occupation in the Middle East since they've been in power. Guess they confused Patriot with Patronize.

Smaller Federal government, lower the debt.

Let's review, shall we?

2008: Obama rides a wave of momentum into the White House based on repudiation of all things Bush and the promise of "change".

2009: Voters wonder what happened to all that wonderful "change" that was promised.

2010: Democrats have @ss handed to them in midterm election as voters reject the "change" BO and the Democratic Congress attempt to force on them. Unprincipled and unreliable BO further capitulates with Republicans by agreeing in principle to extend the Bush tax cuts even though Democrats had previously blamed the current recession and ballooning deficits on these same tax cuts. BO is largely disowned by the liberal base of the Democratic Party and harshly criticized by same for being another Bush or "Bush on steroids".

Enter Harborlady and her retarded bait thread intended to deflect attention away from the failures of the current Administration and Democratically controlled Congress which include expansion of the war in Afghanistan, no clear mission or purpose for continuing to send troops there, no clear definition of victory and no exit strategy whatsoever. If this is, as BO has claimed, the right war, why are we there and what do we hope to accomplish?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Should Tea Party be conscripted and sent to Afghanistan?

The tea people are for the most part, overweight, underinformed white retirees.

What purpose could they serve in Afghanistan other than easy target practice for the Taliban?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies