U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 AM

3,858 posts, read 5,976,583 times

Advertisements

Lakin runs away from his birther agenda - pleads guilty - no attempt to challenge Obama's eligibility.

The Republic - Army doc pleads guilty to 1 charge, refused to deploy without seeing Obama's birth certificate
At a court-martial proceeding Tuesday in Maryland, Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin of Greeley, Colo., pleaded guilty to a charge that included not meeting with a superior when ordered to do so and not reporting to duty at Fort Campbell.

He pleaded not guilty to a second charge of missing a flight he was required to be on. His court-martial at Fort Meade is continuing on that count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 AM

31,385 posts, read 31,165,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Lakin runs away from his birther agenda - pleads guilty - no attempt to challenge Obama's eligibility.
Personally I'm glad that he finally has competent legal council so that he can at least salvage some part of his career. I've always felt that the guy was being used, so I am anxious to see how much support he gets from the folks that put him up to all of his nonsense.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:29 AM

12,388 posts, read 11,338,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Personally I'm glad that he finally has competent legal council so that he can at least salvage some part of his career. I've always felt that the guy was being used, so I am anxious to see how much support he gets from the folks that put him up to all of his nonsense.
Birfers will now throw him under the bus....you betcha!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 AM

3,858 posts, read 5,976,583 times
It's a big chill on future stooge recruitment & future lawsuits. Right now Lakin is just trying to salvage his career - I bet he'd even kiss Obama's butt.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,353,945 times
See what his legal team are going to do for him. For disobeying orders. I'll tell ya though sheer fear from the Soul, does make one do some strange things. He had to have been, scared out of his wits.

Wonder if requirements for recruitment are now going to change because of this.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,746,528 times
To those who are defending Obama's hiding of his birth, school, medical, passport and other records - if he were conservative would you still be defending him? I doubt it, you'd be screaming your heads off for his impeachment and worse.

There's absolutely no defense for Obama's arrogance - if he has nothing to hide why not make the records public? Right now he's no more than an empty suit with an empty resume.

Why would we allow the top office in the country to be filled by someone (of any party)who simply cannot or will not prove who he is - are you really happy that you know nothing about the man's background or beliefs? He's a proven liar and manipulator, a professional bully who's paid vast sums to keep his past well hidden. Why would anyone defend that?

Hopefully, by 2012 there will be legislation in several states that will keep him off the ballot if he doesn't provide proof of eligibility.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,338,126 times
Typical birfer talking points^^^^^ ...utter nonsense.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,518,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
To those who are defending Obama's hiding of his birth, school, medical, passport and other records - if he were conservative would you still be defending him? I doubt it, you'd be screaming your heads off for his impeachment and worse.

There's absolutely no defense for Obama's arrogance - if he has nothing to hide why not make the records public? Right now he's no more than an empty suit with an empty resume.

Why would we allow the top office in the country to be filled by someone (of any party)who simply cannot or will not prove who he is - are you really happy that you know nothing about the man's background or beliefs? He's a proven liar and manipulator, a professional bully who's paid vast sums to keep his past well hidden. Why would anyone defend that?

Hopefully, by 2012 there will be legislation in several states that will keep him off the ballot if he doesn't provide proof of eligibility.
Hey, if a complete stranger can walk in off the street and become president of the United States, he should get a Nobel Prize of some sort.

Or - there's something very fk'd up about this country.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM

7,901 posts, read 8,650,412 times
Quote:
If he were a conservative, would you still be attacking him? I doubt it.

The rest of your post is unworthy of comment.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:45 PM

85,078 posts, read 99,155,665 times
Quote:

Why should Obama release all this information when other candidates have not? Now, the typical RW answer is that they have, but it's not true. Birth: Obama released a birth certificate. A lot of good it did. The birthers just said it was false. McCain released a BC. I think GWB may have. Other than that, I haven't seen anyone else's. Some RWs say there is no doubt about the others, but that's not so, either. There have been tons of posts about this; anyone can do a search for them.

School: We've seen Bush and Kerry's transcripts b/c a hacker found them and leaked them. We've never seen anyone else's. McCain's class rank at Annapolis is a matter of public record. Biden says his grades weren't that good. Sarah Palin never released any transcripts. She's probably too embarrassed to do so. Bottom line, we know as much about Obama's education as we do about most of the other recent pres/VP candidates'.

Medical: Obama, McCain, and Sarah alll released letters from docs, etc. None released full medical records. Some of Biden's medical history is known from his days in the senate; ditto McCain's.

Passport: Haven't seen a passport from any of them.

"Other records": Just what would you like to see? Credit reports? What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies