U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM

62,405 posts, read 27,771,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What a cute little couplet: "Born a Brit, Not legit".
Not only cute, but TRUE as well.

Quote:
All the quote from Minor v Happersett says is that a person born of two citizen parents becomes a citizen at birth. It does not say anything about any other case, e.g. when one parent is a citizen and one isn't.
Do you have a hard time understanding the difference between parent and parents? The SCOTUS decision specifically designated those born of citizen parents as natural born citizens.

Quote:
In fact, by that reasoning, Obama was not "born a Brit" b/c his mother is an American Citizen.
Born an American citizen? Yes. Born a natural born American citizen? No. Obama, the DNC, Organizing for America, and FactCheck all admit Obama was subject to the British Nationality Act of 1948 through his father. They admit Obama was born a Brit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,413,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Watch this thread get deleted, even though I've provided proof from SCOTUS and Obama himself that Obama is not a natural born U.S. citizen.
Here's proof he's a US citizen. WAtch this thread not be deleted now.

snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

Yeah, I know. Snopes is wrong. It's just some leftist website created to save Barack Obama from birthers. A few years ago, when it wasn't an issue or something...they made it. BEcause they knew one day he would be prez, and they would need years of street cred. Does that sound stupid? Wait, it gets better.

Did you know that Barack Obama's parents concealed the location of his birth because they knew he would grow up to be President? What? Of course it makes sense, I'm a birther!"

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-14-2010, 03:59 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,057,040 times
This thread is about the Lakin trial, IT IS NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF REHASHING BIRTHER ARGUMENTS!

If you keep trying to hijack the thread I'll be forced to call in CaseyB.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Here's proof he's a US citizen. WAtch this thread not be deleted now.

snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

Yeah, I know. Snopes is wrong. It's just some leftist website created to save Barack Obama from birthers. A few years ago, when it wasn't an issue or something...they made it. BEcause they knew one day he would be prez, and they would need years of street cred. Does that sound stupid? Wait, it gets better.

Did you know that Barack Obama's parents concealed the location of his birth because they knew he would grow up to be President? What? Of course it makes sense, I'm a birther!"

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What does any of that have to do with Obama's, the DNC's, Organizing for America's, and FactCheck's admission that Obama was subject to the British Nationality Act of 1948, and therefore born a Brit which precludes the status of natural born U.S. citizen?

Old 12-14-2010, 04:15 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,537,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What does any of that have to do with Obama's, the DNC's, Organizing for America's, and FactCheck's admission that Obama was subject to the British Nationality Act of 1948, and therefore born a Brit which precludes the status of natural born U.S. citizen?
It is a sad and humiliated America, that lets Britain dictate who may or may not be president.

Not that I get how being subject to BNA would preclud being a natural-born citizen, anyway. Not like there isn't probably a hundred nations out there that claim some kind of blood-descent rule. Its going to be a bit of a nightmare, tracing every politicans ancestry, to find which one is subject to which law in some great-granparents country they've nevers seen -hey, maybe only native americans will end up qualified.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
It is a sad and humiliated America, that lets Britain dictate who may or may not be president.

Not that I get how being subject to BNA would preclud being a natural-born citizen, anyway. Not like there isn't probably a hundred nations out there that claim some kind of blood-descent rule.
Precisely why both parents need to be American citizens at the time of the child's birth to definitively determine actual natural born American citizen status. It precludes any such blood-descent claims. Parents need to be U.S. citizens, or if immigrants, naturalized U.S. citizens which requires them to relinquish allegiance to any other sovereign.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:55 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,057,040 times
OMG!

There goes my Lakin pity party...

Apparently on March 30, 2010 Lakin along with another officer went to see his commanding officer Colonel Gordon Roberts but Roberts was busy with other matters. The next day Lakin was summoned to his commanding officers office and Lakin's response was "You had your chance."
The most damaging evidence of the day came during the testimony of the accused’s brigade commander, Colonel Gordon Roberts. The accused and Mr. Jensen came to visit with Colonel Roberts on March 30, 2010, but the colonel was attending to other matters and couldn’t meet with them then. When Colonel Roberts summoned Lakin to his office the following day, he received this response: “You had your chance.” This testimony was before the members, and Colonel Sullivan is of the opinion that the accused’s insolence toward his commander — a Medal of Honor recipient — did not go over well at all.
It appears that Lakin's ego is knows no bounds.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM

The reason the following day was too late and Lakin told his commanding officer "you had your chance" when summoned after the fact was because by that point Lakin had already asked Obama to prove his eligibility.

Lakin's request, in part:

March 30, 2010
The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500
Dear Mr. President:
For more than seventeen years, I have had the privilege of serving my country as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including overseas assignments in imminent danger/combat areas in Bosnia and Afghanistan.

The United States is an example to the rest of the world of a stable, civilized democratic government where all men are created equal and the rule of law is cherished and obeyed. The U.S. military teaches and promotes the rule of law and civilian control of the military to many other nations and militaries around the world. Every soldier learns what constitutes a lawful order and is encouraged to stand up and object to unlawful orders. My officer’s oath of office requires that I swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

...Please assure the American people that you are indeed constitutionally eligible to serve as Commander-in-Chief and thereby may lawfully direct service members into harm’s way. I will be proud to deploy to Afghanistan to further serve my country and my fellow soldiers, but I should only do so with the knowledge that this important provision of our Constitution is respected and obeyed. The people that continue to risk their lives and give the ultimate sacrifice to the service of our country deserve to know they do so upholding their vows to the oath of office and the Constitution.

Unless it is established (by this sufficient proof that should be easily within your power to provide) that you are constitutionally eligible to serve as President and my Commander-in-Chief, I, and all other military officers may be following illegal orders. Therefore, sir, until an original birth certificate is brought forward that validates your eligibility and puts to rest the other reasonable questions surrounding your unproven eligibility; I cannot in good conscience obey ANY military orders.

Respectfully,
Terry Lakin
Lieutenant Colonel Terrence Lakin, USA

Old 12-14-2010, 05:10 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
To those who are defending Obama's hiding of his birth, school, medical, passport and other records - if he were conservative would you still be defending him? I doubt it, you'd be screaming your heads off for his impeachment and worse.

There's absolutely no defense for Obama's arrogance - if he has nothing to hide why not make the records public? Right now he's no more than an empty suit with an empty resume.

Why would we allow the top office in the country to be filled by someone (of any party)who simply cannot or will not prove who he is - are you really happy that you know nothing about the man's background or beliefs? He's a proven liar and manipulator, a professional bully who's paid vast sums to keep his past well hidden. Why would anyone defend that?

Hopefully, by 2012 there will be legislation in several states that will keep him off the ballot if he doesn't provide proof of eligibility.
yawn.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:12 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,959,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The accused and Mr. Jensen came to visit with Colonel Roberts on March 30, 2010, but the colonel was attending to other matters and couldn’t meet with them then. When Colonel Roberts summoned Lakin to his office the following day, he received this response: “You had your chance.” [b]This testimony was before the members, and Colonel Sullivan is of the opinion that the accused’s insolence toward his commander — a Medal of Honor recipient — did not go over well at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies