U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 PM

62,770 posts, read 28,088,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The ninth, Arthur, was not known to have been born a British subject at the time because of the lies he told about his year of birth and the facts of his father's life. In addition, Arthur was very secretive about his personal records (much like Obama) and had his personal papers burned before his death to hide his deceit.

Most of Arthur's papers were burned at his direction the day before his death. The surviving papers are mostly correspondence (1843-1938), Arthur-Dun Manuscripts (1862-1887), and copies of Arthur's papers found in other collections in the Library of Congress (1872-1926).
Microform Collections - Arthur, Chester Alan, Papers (http://www.lib.umd.edu/MICROFORMS/chester_arthur.html - broken link)

Immigrant parents? Yes. Non-American citizen parents? No, with the exception of Andy Martin whose father did not become a U.S. citizen until Martin was 5 years old.

A natural born citizen can have naturalized American citizen immigrant parents. Remember the oath of allegiance they had to take?

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Obama's father never took that oath, and therefore never renounced or abjured his allegiance and fidelity to the British sovereignty. As such, Obama's citizenship at birth was governed by the British Nationality Act of 1948. Obama, the DNC, Organizing for America, and FactCheck ALL admit that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 PM

85,096 posts, read 99,227,733 times
Ah, the old "that's different" or more accurately, "that was different" regarding Chester Arthur.

Do you know for a fact all these candidates' parents were citizens when the candidates were born? Charles Curtis' mother was a Native American and not, at the time, even eligible for citizenship. He was a VP and thus had to meet the same standards as the POTUS. It's questionable whether Spiro Agnew's parents were citizens before his birth. Plus several others.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,535,056 times
Quote:
Ah, the old "that's different" or more accurately, "that was different" regarding Chester Arthur.

Do you know for a fact all these candidates' parents were citizens when the candidates were born? Charles Curtis' mother was a Native American and not, at the time, even eligible for citizenship. He was a VP and thus had to meet the same standards as the POTUS. It's questionable whether Spiro Agnew's parents were citizens before his birth. Plus several others.

It should have been relentlessly pursued, but politics is a very dirty business.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Correct, because it wasn't known that Arthur was actually born a British subject until the author of Gentleman Boss published his findings in 1991, long after Arthur's presidency. As for Obama? We've known he was born a British subject ever since Organizing for America published that fact on their website.

Quote:
Read the link you provided. Martin is the only one it lists as having a non-citizen parent at birth. And as far as Curtis, at the time, his mother would have been an American citizen by virtue of her marriage to her American citizen husband.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It should have been relentlessly pursued, but politics is a very dirty business.
Arthur? He repeatedly lied about himself and his family, and had his personal records burned before his death to hide the truth. The fact that he was born a British subject wasn't known until an author/researcher accidentally discovered the truth when working on a book he published in 1991 (Gentleman Boss), long after Arthur's presidency.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,535,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Arthur? He repeatedly lied about himself and his family, and had his personal records burned before his death to hide the truth. The fact that he was born a British subject wasn't known until an author/researcher accidentally discovered the truth when working on a book he published in 1991 (Gentleman Boss), long after Arthur's presidency.
Wow!

What a time/fact gap!

He was a dirty rotten spoliator of history.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,465,149 times
Quote:
What does any of that have to do with Obama's, the DNC's, Organizing for America's, and FactCheck's admission that Obama was subject to the British Nationality Act of 1948, and therefore born a Brit which precludes the status of natural born U.S. citizen?
From the link i posted that you read, you answered your own question .
Although I can tell from your response, you didn't read it, and thus are in the dark. So be it. It's good to be in the dark. it's cool and moist there. Impossible for much to grow, 'cept slime, molds and mushrooms.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
From the link i posted that you read, you answered your own question .
Although I can tell from your response, you didn't read it, and thus are in the dark. So be it.
I'm not in the dark. Many of you are in denial. Think very carefully about why immigrants must renounce allegiance to any foreign sovereignty they have ever had to become American citizens.

And think very carefully about why Chester Arthur burned his personal papers instead of perpetuating his legacy, as other presidents do.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM

30,013 posts, read 15,364,572 times
Quote:
Not when you produce the request sent to Obama, Lakin's CO's superior officer.
Bedroll lawyers. Generally speaking, they get it out of their system before they make Lt. Col.

It's called the de facto officer doctrine. A subordinate doesn't get to inspect the paperwork of everybody he feels like. It doesn't matter if it's a Private who doesn't want to scrub a latrine or a short colonel who doesn't want to go where it may be dangerous - in both cases, their superior officers will listen to the complaint, make a decision and tell the subordinate what's what.

Lakin doesn't get to inspect the commissioning documents of every officer in the line above him, nor does he get to inspect the CINC's papers. If he doesn't like being told what to do, he's in the wrong line of work.

No armed forces could function without the de facto officer doctrine or its equivalent, and Lakin has obviously been promoted far beyond what his judgment skills merit - the only saving grace being that he's not a line officer.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If he doesn't like being told what to do, he's in the wrong line of work.
Hmmm... isn't that exactly how the Mai Lai Massacre occurred? Don't question your superiors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies