Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
How can the be bush lies, when they happened before bush was president. Did Clinton know that Bush was going to win Florida so in 1998 made these comments.
Face it you are blinded by Bush hate because he stood up for the defense of the country so its OK to ignore what was known before Bush was even president
Ah...give it a rest. I do hate Bush and if anyone is blind, it is those that keep defending a war criminal. Have a great delusional day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A few dems voted in favor of the resolution that allowed Bush to invade

Congressional Vote - Iraq Resolution (http://www.juntosociety.com/vote/iraqres.html - broken link)
I like that - a few dems.

Quote:
On October 10, the House of Representatives voted 296-133 to authorize President Bush to use force against Iraq. Later that evening, the Senate joined the House in supporting the measure by a vote of 77-23.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Clinton can launch dozens of cruise missiles and bombing campaigns in Iraq, conduct multiple military actions in countries all over the world, and even blow up factories in Sudan or Jordan, and the media will quickly dismiss them.
You're way too smart to not understand the difference in implications between cruise missile strikes and occupations.

The elder Bush - whom I detested, but who at least was fairly competent as regards foreign policy - got it. He liberated Kuwait and could have rolled right into Iraq, but he stopped. For several reasons, the main one of which was: He had no desire to occupy Iraq, for all the reasons we've seen: An unmanageable, fractioned, ungovernable mess of a country, one that would sponge up lives and money for years.

GHWB broke the back of Saddam's conventional army. The UN inspection regime from 1991 - 1998 set back any WMD aspirations Sadam might have had, by decades.

It took a GWB to decide that occupation was the way to go. And that was a stupid, stupid move. Whether it was poorly thought through or whether they just thought it would be easy, I can't tell. But it was a bad decision, Ms. Rice carries a good part of the responsibility, and just once I'd like to hear one of the GWB administration say "I must shoulder part of the blame".

Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I am glad you agree that it was a huge mistake of everyone who voted for the Iraq war! The only one who is not ashamed is that Condi"sleezy" Rice.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Compare the split in yays and nays along party lines.

I report. You decide.

senate

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c...e/2/votes/237/

house

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c...e/2/votes/455/

By any measure, an overwhelmingly GOP action. And, regardless of the vote, Bush still made the call. The "approval" of congress was mostly a formality. And the people in congress had been fed the same lies the public had in regards to the nonexistent WMD threat.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:06 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Ah...give it a rest. I do hate Bush and if anyone is blind, it is those that keep defending a war criminal. Have a great delusional day!
you can cry war criminal all you want. But the facts do not back you up and you show much more about your delusional day than i could ever point out.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Do you ever get the feeling some idiots just stand around with their hands over their ears crying "I can't hear you" when they are faced with things they do not like?

YES! That's exactly what the NeoConfused do when faced with the fact that Bush himself has said HE made the decision to invade Iraq. In other words, HE owns that debacle, lock, stock, and barrel.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:25 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
List the democrats who launched an invasion of Iraq, please.

Since you're struggling, I'll go ahead and post the answer: none.

A few dems voted in favor of the resolution that allowed Bush to invade if he saw that the USA was threatened. Almost all repubs voted for it. The record shows that Bush did invade and that Iraq certainly was not a threat.

Reality has a way of smashing misconceptions and attempts to deflect.

Your tactic of trying to lay Bush's war at the doorstep of the democrats is weak. It's also tired. And bogus.

Congressional Vote - Iraq Resolution (http://www.juntosociety.com/vote/iraqres.html - broken link)
Were all those countries Clinton sent our military troops to, because "he saw that the USA was threatened"? Or did Clinton only invade these small countries because they were tiny, and could not challenge him?

Old 12-13-2010, 02:10 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Were all those countries Clinton sent our military troops to, because "he saw that the USA was threatened"? Or did Clinton only invade these small countries because they were tiny, and could not challenge him?
If by "invade" you mean boots on the ground, I suggest we break it down, shall we?

Somalia was a hand-me-down from GHWB.

1995 bombing of Serbian forces? NATO operation, with international backing, backed by international law (genocide) and started to enforce UN safe zines. Led to the Dayton accords. Ground forces to enforce the Dayton accords? Part of the treaty.

1999 bombing of Serbian forces? NATO operation, with international backing, backed by international law (genocide). Led to UN taking charge of the territory. US participation in the former Yugoslavia (on the ground) was under UN auspices.

Bombing of Iraqi WMD-related targets in 1998? Not an invasion.

Enforcement of the no-fly zones? Not an invasion.

Did I miss any invasions?

Old 12-13-2010, 03:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:

List the wars/invasions Clinton started, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies