U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 06:14 PM

25,394 posts, read 16,351,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That was Kate from the Tlc show of the old Jon and Kate plus 8 then turned into Kate plus 8
Thanx. That show is not something I've ever watched. After seeing her...I never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 PM

60,844 posts, read 30,817,770 times
MMMMMM!!!

Backstraps!

Little tatters, and gravy, with some broccoli and cheese!!
Homemade bread

Old 12-13-2010, 06:20 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,744,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I post stories about her because I find her entertaining. She's like a clown, a spectacle, a sideshow. She's a joke, and I love to see the reactions to her antics and her nonsensical statements. I'm always amused by the reactions from both her detractors as well as her supporters.

Gee there are so many BIGGER clowns and the biggest being hussein obama, on the left you would think they would grab your attention more. Of course I am not buying your claims. You seem clearly obsessed with Palin. So she is ethical enough to hunt and provide food for her family as most hunters do and you find that disturbing to your own life?

Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 PM

5,370 posts, read 4,493,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Palin and Cheney need to go hunting,...

Those two would be at the bottom of the list of the 5,000,000 people I would go deer hunting with.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:05 PM

30,149 posts, read 15,717,647 times
Quote:
I believe John Kerry had a similar photo-op at the end of his presidential campaign. He shot and killed some birds. I didn't like that either. (And I'm not a "bleeding heart".)
Sure

Old 12-13-2010, 07:30 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,320,793 times
What's your valid point!! except for the fact that she is SARAH PALIN, you probably would not give a rat's a-- one way or another, if she were not. If this were a famous Good looking Man, would you care, or someone other then Sarah Palin would you care.

I know many Men who like it or not still infact are hunters, to them it is a sport, to others something more synical. I know many Men who hunt but also eat what they hunt for. Do you eat meat at all, or are you a vegeterian. If you do eat meat, wonder who is hunting for the meat you put into your stomach. If your a vegeterian, what does it matter to you who is hunting or not.

Want to make it something, because it is Sarah Palin, and because some constantly bring her up, her popularity has actually grown.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,455,405 times
Quote:
Hunting is on the decline in the U.S. I don't think that this is good for her image or popularity ratings.
This isn't about hunting, or even promoting Alaska fish and game. It's about steering ultra/ moderate social conservative men & women into 'socially acceptable' definitions of womanhood. So long as she feigns sweet voice & pretty face she can follow her daddy's shoes and not be socially punished.

Note the absence of Dan Quale charges leveled against her (as they were & continue to be asserted for Hillary and Richards) for abandoning her children. Particularly her disabled child who by definition requires more intensive nurturing & dedication of time (daily, and for a lifetime).
Who did the dishes this morning?
Is her man a lackey?
Who's the boss? Can't be a family without a 'boss', right? Is he an emasculated wimp?

Poor Todd Palin lost his crown, she stole his name?

AUM, I hope you see clearly that at times gays are as clueless about heteros as heteros are about gays. Artsyguy's irrational hatred of women should inspire discussion.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM

12,899 posts, read 10,241,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I have great respect for someone that can kill their own meat, dress it and use it for food. It is far more honorable than someone that buys their meat in a store. I could never kill an animal yet I eat meat, so Palin is the better person.
It has nothing to do with honor. I would go out and kill animals if I had to survive, but I don't have to. And so I don't. There are lots of things I could do if I had to but don't do, and there are only so many things you can do at one time. It's just personal preference, and I'd frankly rather read a book.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:12 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,931,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Alaskans don't charter planes to go on hunts, this is a show all about her. I've never chartered a hunting or fishing trip. This show is all about a quitter and a moron.
So because you've never done a thing that means it isn't done?

Nope, I've read too many hunting blogs written by Alaskans to believe that your statement "Alaskans don't" is accurate.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:19 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,931,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I don't know how anyone could be jealous of a quitter and someone that turned their back on the people that trusted and elected her.
Do you mean like Obama quit his term as Senator to run for POTUS? Or how he quit the press conference last Friday when askes a direct question, refusing to answer but instead making an excuse that his wife was waiting while Clinton took the helm?

leftists in glass houses.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies