U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM

7,047 posts, read 6,180,637 times

Advertisements

a caribou Elk are also referred to as bulls and cows.sucess rarte around here 20% in a good year,except me
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,407,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
a caribou Elk are also referred to as bulls and cows.sucess rarte around here 20% in a good year,except me
OT, You a Buck Skinner? That user name makes me wonder?

Old 12-17-2010, 05:30 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,300,907 times
Where hubby hunts caribou they drive though herds of 30,000 and more.

Filling thier tags is easy.

Getting them to move is hard.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Yup stick and string and a 50 and a54 plus a side by side front stuffer an some good hawks

Old 12-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yup stick and string and a 50 and a54 plus a side by side front stuffer an some good hawks
I will note that.. Good to know, thanks.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:50 PM

welcome

Old 12-17-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
welcome
Skinnin' is me.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
A caribou.
Thank you. mac

Old 12-17-2010, 06:10 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,449,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That is the sterotype you attempted to perpetuate. Sorry you don't like being called on it and can't manage a rational conversation.
It's bizarre you took it there but installed talking points will do that. I pointed at stereotypes coming from men about men in relation to women running as a background program in conservatives circles. I'd welcome that noise taking a powder, but I'm highly skeptical it will be absent the moment you politically disagree with anyone else. Still I do see a silver lining to Palin's trip, however incredulous her tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
oops! Your man-hate is showing.
I've never hated men. I hate juvenile delinquents passing themselves off as men. I know the difference because men of higher character taught me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I suppose all you lefties hate all the eskimos
You do nothing but suppose. Try qualifying your opinion by learning something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Oh puhleeeze! Stereotype much?

Obviously you've never been on a hunting excusion for women only. I have: some women wear make-up and some don't, some load their own firearms and some have a way, as do many women every day, of being able to get the male guides to do everything for them. Suggest you actually have knowledge before stating suppositions that make you look like a fool.

Here's a scrapbook from an NRA women's wilderness excusion to teach outdoor and shooting skills. You'll notice just as in the real world, real women come in all different shapes, sizes, and fashion styles.

http://www.nrahq.org/women/2008_escape_scrapbook.pdf
Your bolded post-- indeed they do, but void of character isn't something I applaud. I intensely dislike lady gaga as much as I do palin for the same reasons.

Suppositions? Yes, I see them in just about every word you post. I DO KNOW female hunters, but they don't travel with companions. I do know female farmers as well. Waiting for a man to show up fending off coyotes tearing up a chicken house is pretty useless. If this modified special ed. hunting is a new trend, it's an unbelievably pathetic one. Women can load their own firearms just fine unless they really want to cling onto the notion they're handicapped. The stereotype holdovers I mentioned to toyman are alive and well in MO.

Quote:
It is obvious the synthetic stock had too long an LOP for her to hold the rifle comfortably. This happens more often than not with female shooters and hunters.
Yes it does. Stocks too long are incompatible with female frames. 3 pt stance with the wrong size stock shotgun will hurl you and just might break your arm. Rifles are much easier to manage.

Quote:
Another hatefilled rant, now there is a surprise. Project much? Did you actually just call Conservative women "defective males"? Really? Now that is serious misogyny indeed.

As to bringing our military into this , another deflection, unable to stick to the topic at hand? Start your own thread rather than taking this one even further off into LEFT field.
Anything that implies you be accountable for yourself is a hate filled rant? Plan on growing up anytime soon, or do you prefer following the lead of juvenile delinquent men posing as men?

Denying your misogyny doesn't make it absent- it's plain as day your attitude towards women defines them as 'defective males'. Troops are the blatant example. Many more examples far more subtle go on all the time. That's why most women have conditioned themselves to tune people like yourself out. That's why greyhound bus stations have so many young people headed to the city. Jessica Lynch doesn't bother reading your mail. She's got a life to live and a baby to raise no matter what unqualified opinion you've got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Gross.
Find out where your dinner has been coming from. You have the option to be vegan if you think it's so awful. Take a job knocking cows for a day. Attend slaughter season for poultry farms. There are no pre packaged cryovac'd for your protection USDA inspected meat trees in nature. City life is an abstract existence far removed from the nitty gritty of reality. Multiply this by how many generations residing in suburban/ city life keeps you that much further oblivious to the land that's provided sustenance for all since this nation began. There's another education to obtain in rural America. Want to do a bloodless experiment without leaving your home? Try living without electricity for one day. See how that changes your perspective on life, and your perspective on city systems feeding an over dependence mentality.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:41 PM

14,338 posts, read 12,605,637 times
Sarah Palin and others like her enjoy the "thrill of the kill"..........they aren't killing to survive...........THEY ENJOY KILLING DEFENSELESS ANIMALS. They don't do it because they HAVE to.

Her little publicity stunt just gave a lot of people one more good reason to dislike her.........and that is a fact.

Honestly, the more I learn about this woman and her family, the more they sicken me.

...........and BTW, I am a vegetarian and don't buy leather clothes or furniture.........I go out of my way to avoid using products that harm animals whenever possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies