U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Austin
4,095 posts, read 7,198,754 times
Reputation: 2117

Advertisements

I don't think there's any way for me to like her less, so I voted "same."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 PM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,429,728 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Where I live there is no factory farming you can buy grass fed free roaming beef at the local grocer no needto go to a natural food botique.The local farmers market is booming all summer and fall. hard to make a living here keeps things good.you work or leave.
Here in WV most are steered by necessity into Walmart supercenters. We have a farmers market in the city of Charleston that does a brisk business but isn't in a position to compete with Walmart as you might expect. I'm worried the rents going too high will drive them away. I've got my favored farmers, do my best to stick with heirloom produce if it's possible to discern (many in WV cannot afford to pick and choose), but I'm happier to rely on my garden more. Kept lesser income folks in the neighborhood in free tomatoes, peppers, eggplant & walnuts 3yrs running now. Canning is an art I haven't yet mastered, but I will. Takes some time for nomads to learn these things. Never too old to learn.

Work or leave works superficially so long as you're a tenant. If you're underwater in a mortgage, not so much. Recall grapes of wrath. Here it is again on global scale through elaborate legal sophistry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 PM
 
Location: mancos
7,044 posts, read 6,168,477 times
Reputation: 4532
Wow most ranches here,ranches NOT operations are holding their own most several generations along with educated young folks that see the future and cater to the organic free range market. of course the millions of acres of national forest grazing helps out here and dont hurt,we still have the biggest elk herd in the country. But they are still land rich and money poor. hope they can hang on Icant imagine buying non local meat though most of mine is deer and elk there are those dry years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 09:48 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sarah Palin and others like her enjoy the "thrill of the kill"..........they aren't killing to survive...........THEY ENJOY KILLING DEFENSELESS ANIMALS. They don't do it because they HAVE to.

Her little publicity stunt just gave a lot of people one more good reason to dislike her.........and that is a fact.

Honestly, the more I learn about this woman and her family, the more they sicken me.

...........and BTW, I am a vegetarian and don't buy leather clothes or furniture.........I go out of my way to avoid using products that harm animals whenever possible.
Sure, the thrill of the kill is part of the sport.

The heard control is the rest.

And of course, the money the states get and the boost to the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 09:56 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Here in WV most are steered by necessity into Walmart supercenters. We have a farmers market in the city of Charleston that does a brisk business but isn't in a position to compete with Walmart as you might expect. I'm worried the rents going too high will drive them away. I've got my favored farmers, do my best to stick with heirloom produce if it's possible to discern (many in WV cannot afford to pick and choose), but I'm happier to rely on my garden more. Kept lesser income folks in the neighborhood in free tomatoes, peppers, eggplant & walnuts 3yrs running now. Canning is an art I haven't yet mastered, but I will. Takes some time for nomads to learn these things. Never too old to learn.

Work or leave works superficially so long as you're a tenant. If you're underwater in a mortgage, not so much. Recall grapes of wrath. Here it is again on global scale through elaborate legal sophistry.
NC had a late bear season.

Hubby and our new dog are down there right now.

We will have to check and see what WV has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Ohio
14,311 posts, read 12,565,603 times
Reputation: 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sure, the thrill of the kill is part of the sport.

The heard control is the rest.

And of course, the money the states get and the boost to the economy.
Sorry, I don't see the "sport" in shooting a defenseless animal with a high powered rifle or a bow. Luring them in with scents and food...........yea, real "sporting". Kinda like stomping on a newborn child and declaring yourself the victor.

Don't forget the clubs where "sportmen" pay to shoot the animal provided. Yea, really something to be proud of.

All of them would cower in fear if there was something shooting back........a bunch of bullies and cowards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 PM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,429,728 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
NC had a late bear season.

Hubby and our new dog are down there right now.

We will have to check and see what WV has.
West Virginia DNR - Hunting
Welcome to WV, it ain't just possum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 10:48 PM
 
Location: mancos
7,044 posts, read 6,168,477 times
Reputation: 4532
Well shucks a man needs to eat.some places were never able to produce your imported chemical laden crap. now have some seal fat and relax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 PM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,429,728 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, I don't see the "sport" in shooting a defenseless animal with a high powered rifle or a bow. Luring them in with scents and food...........yea, real "sporting". Kinda like stomping on a newborn child and declaring yourself the victor.

Don't forget the clubs where "sportmen" pay to shoot the animal provided. Yea, really something to be proud of.

All of them would cower in fear if there was something shooting back........a bunch of bullies and cowards.
Wild free range animals are not defenseless. Domesticated animals are. Stomping on newborns is a bizarre analogy. No hunter worth their salt harms juvenile critters unless their own lives are in danger. There's a respect for the sanctity of their lives and the cycle of life and death that does not run on wishful thinking time lines.

Whatever sociopathic personalities do with a license to hunt is not sanctioned by DNR and is in no way a reflection of true hunters. You need to see that clearly. You leave me with the impression of having led an extremely sheltered life. The choice is yours to learn or be another brand of dscs supposing everything you have no direct knowledge about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 10:57 PM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,684,974 times
Reputation: 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hunting is on the decline in the U.S. I don't think that this is good for her image or popularity ratings.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBi_Hb23meM
Where do you get hunting is on the decline????
With the economy what it is more people are hunting to put food in the freezer to feed themselves and their families! Tags are cheaper than going to the grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top