Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Where do you get hunting is on the decline????
With the economy what it is more people are hunting to put food in the freezer to feed themselves and their families! Tags are cheaper than going to the grocery store.
In recent history here it has been. Boys have not been following the traditions of their dad by getting a license themselves. This downturn in the economy should make them rethink that notion. Some traditions are lost to the peril of all. Self sufficiency has gotten harder to achieve despite so much advancement as a nation. In some ways what people are calling a higher standard of living comes at too high a price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Wild free range animals are not defenseless. Domesticated animals are. Stomping on newborns is a bizarre analogy. No hunter worth their salt harms juvenile critters unless their own lives are in danger. There's a respect for the sanctity of their lives and the cycle of life and death that does not run on wishful thinking time lines.

Whatever sociopathic personalities do with a license to hunt is not sanctioned by DNR and is in no way a reflection of true hunters. You need to see that clearly. You leave me with the impression of having led an extremely sheltered life. The choice is yours to learn or be another brand of dscs supposing everything you have no direct knowledge about.
I am entitled to my opinion. I would never get involved with someone who gets pleasure from killing. I couldn't stand to have someone with that mindset in my life.

...........and I would never vote for someone like that either.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:20 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am entitled to my opinion. I would never get involved with someone who gets pleasure from killing. I couldn't stand to have someone with that mindset in my life.

...........and I would never vote for someone like that either.

People who hunt dont do it for pleasure they do it for food! There is a difference someone who kills for pleasure is not a hunter they are a predator they are NOT the same thing. No I do not hunt nor do I like the taste of wild meat but I do appreciate the people who do.
So I take it you are a vegan that eats no fish and eggs? Do you shop at a store that sells eggs, fish, or meat killed in a meat packing plant or slaughter house? How about dairy products that have eggs in them?
Or Soup that has chicken broth in it or beef broth in it? Leather shoes, purses belts or gloves?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:

People who hunt dont do it for pleasure they do it for food! There is a difference someone who kills for pleasure is not a hunter they are a predator they are NOT the same thing. No I do not hunt nor do I like the taste of wild meat but I do appreciate the people who do.
So I take it you are a vegan that eats no fish and eggs? Do you shop at a store that sells eggs, fish, or meat killed in a meat packing plant or slaughter house? How about dairy products that have eggs in them?
Or Soup that has chicken broth in it or beef broth in it? Leather shoes, purses belts or gloves?

See my earlier post.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
In recent history here it has been. Boys have not been following the traditions of their dad by getting a license themselves. This downturn in the economy should make them rethink that notion. Some traditions are lost to the peril of all. Self sufficiency has gotten harder to achieve despite so much advancement as a nation. In some ways what people are calling a higher standard of living comes at too high a price.
I dont think so as far as hunting goes the city folk can buy tags like anyone else and fill their freezer with meat. As far as gardens and orchards yes when you are in the city it is more difficult to do as an apartment dweller. But if you have a yard you can have a small garden there are many vegetables that can be now grown in pots on patios.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I am entitled to my opinion.
Sure you are. The value of that opinion has to do with how well educated you are about the subject. That's what I'm saying.
Quote:
I would never get involved with someone who gets pleasure from killing. I couldn't stand to have someone with that mindset in my life and I would never vote for someone like that either.
Neither would I, and neither would every hunter and farmer I've ever met in passing or befriended for life. So you're angry with whom???

Old 12-17-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Sure you are. The value of that opinion has to do with how well educated you are about the subject. That's what I'm saying.

Neither would I, and neither would every hunter and farmer I've ever met in passing or befriended for life. So you're angry with whom???
I think Annie just does not like Palin and is looking for any reason to justify that thought process. Ha

Old 12-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I dont think so as far as hunting goes the city folk can buy tags like anyone else and fill their freezer with meat. As far as gardens and orchards yes when you are in the city it is more difficult to do as an apartment dweller. But if you have a yard you can have a small garden there are many vegetables that can be now grown in pots on patios.
I think you may have mistaken my meaning a bit. There isn't anything preventing these young men from following tradition, it's just that it's been viewed as a zero value skill, which I adamantly disagree. Young folks these days say- why take a job that's in any way labor intensive if I can make 5x's as much in an office never getting my hands dirty? There's utter contempt of menial labor of any kind running rampant in our culture. How many people in this forum take the attitude- go find a mexican?

Then there's the prized job- the geeks shall inherit the earth. LOL. That is until the day your life depends on physical strength and you've sat in a cubicle like a mole atrophying for 30yrs. This prolonged obsession with video games & overly bookish pursuits aren't ultimately healthy for young people or long term health of our nation. Looks to me like they're raised as caged veal in suburbia/ city life. Just a cautionary tale to take heed.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I think Annie just does not like Palin and is looking for any reason to justify that thought process. Ha
I have disliked hunters my whole life. Don't like them and have never allowed them into my life and I never will.

I dated a man who owned a lot of property. I was with him when we came across a hunter who was trespassing on his property. My boyfriend told him to leave, the property was well posted. The hunter proceeded to aim his gun at my boyfriend. We left and called the police........but he was gone when we got back.

My boyfriend had his tractors and other equipment shot up by hunters who were upset because they couldn't hunt on property that was owned by someone else. They shot up the signs he had posted. They shot holes in his outbuildings. They trampled his crops. Hunters are thugs.

Not only do hunters get a morbid thrill out of destroying life , they also seem to think they have the right to use and destroy other people's property. They are obnoxious, entitled people. I have had to tell them to get off of my parents posted property as well. They have been known to "accidently" shoot cows, dogs, horses and innocent people in their own backyards. However, I must admit I am pleased when they accidently shoot each other.

I don't need to justify my dislike of Sarah Palin. I don't like her politics and I don't like her personal beliefs...........her little publicity stunt just made me dislike her more, if that is even possible.

Last edited by Annie53; 12-18-2010 at 01:10 AM..

Old 12-18-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
I have disliked hunters my whole life. Don't like them and have never allowed them into my life and I never will.

I dated a man who owned a lot of property. I was with him when we came across a hunter who was trespassing on his property. My boyfriend told him to leave, the property was well posted. The hunter proceeded to aim his gun at my boyfriend. We left and called the police........but he was gone when we got back.

My boyfriend had his tractors and other equipment shot up by hunters who were upset because they couldn't hunt on property that was owned by someone else. They shot up the signs he had posted. They shot holes in his outbuildings. They trampled his crops. Hunters are thugs.

Not only do hunters get a morbid thrill out of destroying life , they also seem to think they have the right to use and destroy other people's property. They are obnoxious, entitled people. I have had to tell them to get off of my parents posted property as well. They have been known to "accidently" shoot cows, dogs and horses too. However, I must admit I am pleased when they accidently shoot each other.

I don't need to justify my dislike of Sarah Palin. I don't like her politics and I don't like her personal beliefs...........her little publicity stunt just made me dislike her more, if that is even possible.
I agree with every word you've said. Real hunters would rather not breathe the same air as these characters. They're dangerous and don't bother with respect of anyone's life or property. Some of them just use a hunting license as a pretense for drinking parties. Not the same thing. Upstate NY used to be a nightmare in hunting season when city boys deluded about what hunting meant (rambo) or how to go about things resulted in shot at tractors or livestock. Horse farms dotted across the landscape kicking out fences spooked to death by these morons. They aren't hunters just like Mark David Chapman wasn't a Christian. Nothing they do has anything to do with the respective practices. They need to be arrested for reckless endangerment.

And I'll repeat I intensely dislike Palin, but it has nothing to do with hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies