Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:42 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
The great recession had an effect on that, IMO.

I know I'll be eating deer for some time. Yum!

Here... here.

The King better get a handle on his deer, they keep trespassing on my land, and then i have to put them in the freezer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 12:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
LOL if anyone thought I was confusing before with poor spelling and etc, well I just crushed my finger in the wood splitter and I can assure you my typoing will suffer even more. I even sat down dizzy and wanting a bucket for you know WHAT! began to sweat, and decided the better part of valor was to stop working a while. At lunch now, but i will be in that wood pile again today.

The first line in my last post in this thread confuses me too, but I still mean it.

Where I live a No Tresspassing sign doesn't mean a person can't pass thru. It means he better not linger around and screw up other peoples stuff, or litter, or frig around in the garden. But passing thru otherwise harmless is fine, or it was.

Where I live people don't bother to call 911 either, they deal with a problem if there is one. A passer thru is no problem, someone setting about by the brook is no problem, even some one eatting all the strawberries he can eat is fine, so long as that doesn't mean bagging up 5 bushels. That would be a problem, but 3 or 4 handfulls isn't.
Hacking up my corn for grins would get one staked to the ground and covered in maple syrup naked for over night, for some time to get clear thinking. I would consider the skeeters would assist in that. Call the cops on me for that and it could be a problem for me but not so much as all them skeeter bites would be for a bad guy.

Taking a dozen ears would be ok, and i wouldn't care.

Point a gun at me and you will be ambient room temp if I get myway, and I will keep both the gun and your hair. The yottes can have the rest.

These are examples. The way it is and still is in my neck of the woods. Some fool drove out donuts on a near by field, and I have no idea who owns it, but still who ever does that again if I catch him I will stake him there, and call the cops to tell that hay farmer of his new conquest just the same.

I figure some FLATLANDER did it. I hunt that parcel and have no clue who it belongs too. There is a old barn and I can't say what's inside. That land borders the Bear Camp River and I know all of that like the palm of my hand.

If i saw a man mowing I would wave, and continue walking minding my bee's wax. If the man mowing complained I would leave. But i would ask for a name and number, to later ask about permission.

In the last 4 years i lived here, no one once has even known I was about. I don't know always when someone crosses this place either, but sooner or later I figure someone did. I find tire tracks, horse shoe tracks droppings, and boot tracks often, but I don't care.

So far the one infraction is someone used the land the wrong way and left TP on the surface of the woods leaf debris. If I knew who did that, I would give them a stern lecture and a real lesson on How TO in the woods, but I would not tell them to leave.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
The great recession had an effect on that, IMO.

I know I'll be eating deer for some time. Yum!
Good!!!

It is very low in cholesterol and fat.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM

33 posts, read 44,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Can you provide proof that hunting is on the decline? Links please. I suspect as so often the case that your premise is once again false. Hunting is alive and well between the left coasts.

Women in Hunting on the Rise! (http://ezinearticles.com/?Women-in-Hunting-on-the-Rise!&id=1105291 - broken link)

50 PERCENT GROWTH OF YOUNG FEMALE HUNTERS...
The National Hunting Survey of Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife Associated Recreation, released by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, shows growth in female hunter participation since 1991 and reveals a boom in the number of girls 6-15 who hunt. The survey shows a 50 percent increase from 2001-2006 over a similar five-year period from 1991-1996, reports USA Today.

Hunting, Long in Decline, Is Back on the Rise - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com (from 2008)

It's been a year for house hunting, job hunting, bargain hunting ... and real hunting — the kind that requires a gun or a bow and lots of open land.
National and annual statistics have yet to be tallied, but hunters across the country are in agreement: Hunting is making a comeback. More people are grabbing their guns and heading for the woods, and it's mostly because of the recession.

Outdoor Life: Popularity of bow hunting on the rise - Sports - The News Herald
Outdoor Life: Popularity of bow hunting on the rise
hunting is on the RISE and thats not a deer its a caribou I totally agree with you

Old 12-19-2010, 08:09 PM

33 posts, read 44,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... Oh yeah. I'm sure Palin killed the deer because she needed the food and had no other options to survive.

I'm not against killing animals for food, but I do think it's wrong to kill them as a publicity stunt.
She does it every year.... publicity stunt ? I think not. Are you aware that people in the sticks DO survive on their game ? I do.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBaptist View Post
She does it every year.... publicity stunt ? I think not. Are you aware that people in the sticks DO survive on their game ? I do.
AUM is very anti-Palin so you have to expect him to say things like this about her. He knows that she hunts and that she is well known for her moose stew but that doesn't work for him. Calling a caribou a deer does worry me about what he was actually trying to do.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
AUM is very anti-Palin so you have to expect him to say things like this about her. He knows that she hunts and that she is well known for her moose stew but that doesn't work for him. Calling a caribou a deer does worry me about what he was actually trying to do.

At this point the poll is 112 un-obsessed adults to 18 of the childish suffering from Palin Derangement Syndrome. You would think by now the 18 would crawl under some rock with shame of where they decide to spend their energy.

Palin has been hunting since she was a child. I wish I had the moxy to hunt like many do that I live around. Venison is a staple for many families here.

This thread is nothing but another lame attempt to attack palin, probably because she acts like a woman and dresses like a woman. The left feel totally threatened by real women.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
At this point the poll is 112 un-obsessed adults to 18 of the childish suffering from Palin Derangement Syndrome. You would think by now the 18 would crawl under some rock with shame of where they decide to spend their energy.

Palin has been hunting since she was a child. I wish I had the moxy to hunt like many do that I live around. Venison is a staple for many families here.

This thread is nothing but another lame attempt to attack palin, probably because she acts like a woman and dresses like a woman. The left feel totally threatened by real women.
I 100% agree!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:07 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default "a teaching moment'

"If Sarah needed this deer to feed her family then I'd be for the hunt; otherwise no. Sarah is doing what Sarah does best----putting on a show for gullible people."

So if Sarah needs to feed her family you suggest she goes to the store to buy a piece of meat someone else slaughtered and killed?

By our legal standards paying to have someone kill for you makes you equally as guilty.

That critter had a fine life befor being instantly killed. Can't say the same for the life of the caged cow.

View the shopping carts in the supermarket and discover that its contents does not constitute sustinence purchases.

Listen to the tune of Hank Williams jr..."A country boy can survive".

Also guides employed by hunters typically control the client to set up the shot. Some states even require hunters to hire a guide.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Listen to the tune of Hank Williams jr..."A country boy can survive".

This nation could shut down and I would survive just fine.
That is my theme song and in the 70's & 80's, I was a full bore hippie.

Smoke'n Pot in the blind, makes an awesome deer attractant!!
I swear on it!

My, how times have changed!
The older I get and the more I learn, the more conservative I get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies