Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Given that he has worked on the north slope, and that he has won what is arguably the toughest sporting event on the planet, I doubt it. Perhaps they are what the progressives claim to support, a family where both parents contribute to raising the kids and coing a share of the work.
In all due respect, do you really think the Iron Dog is the "toughest sporting event" on the planet? It's run on a snowmachine, or snowmobile,not the human body.

ps everyone- we call then cow & bull caribou up here LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Well there is one thing good about this silly Palin Derangement poll. It is clear most on CD are adults with only 10 jealous of Palins abilities and are not fearful she is all woman (something very scary to the feminazis)
Hahahaha!! Yes, real women require male supervision and wear a pound of makeup on hunting trips.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have probably killed 30 or more deer in my life, a few moose and an elk or two...I killed them, dressed them butchered them and used every scrap of meat...The tough bits were made into sausage...I see no problem with hunting at all as long as the laws are followed...City folks just don't seem to get it though. The only ones that could have a legitimate beef (pardon the pun) are vegetarians.
I didn't care for elk bologna. Cooking most game requires far more talent in the kitchen than I'll ever have, but buffalo is out of this world. Wish it were more available in the market. The rare occasion I stumbled upon it outside SD it was ground up and priced as filet mignon. Come to find out beef gets subsidy, bison- nada.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hunting is on the decline? Tell the people in my county that and watch them laugh at you. Out of state hunters are buying pasture ground at up to 7 times what would be profitable for cattle men to spend in this county more every year. People are really excited when certain seasons get here because of the influx of hunters who spend so much to be able to get an animal or two.

Did I forget to say anything about the quarry? Well it just happens to be deer, of the white tail variety. You know, or should, the animal that makes us all pay so much higher insurance rates because they run in front of cars so often, especial during the annual rut.

I liked the picture and the context that you could have seen on TV in the Palin show that this little bit of showed. I liked seeing Palin and her father along with the guide hiking over 4 miles to get to that critter and then carrying him out the same distance. Whoops, I forgot, you probably don't watch that show on TLC like so many other left leaners say they can't do.
Hunting on the decline? Tell that to folks around here. We fill our freezers every year. My own hairdresser posts photos of herself with her kill on the salon mirror. We'd rather eat venison than some crap wrapped in celophane from Walmart. Agriculture is a large industry here, and an overabundance of deer are a nuisance, so we are helping our economy. My next door neighbor bagged a bear at camp - now THAT'S good meat, better than a porterhouse.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
In all due respect, do you really think the Iron Dog is the "toughest sporting event" on the planet? It's run on a snowmachine, or snowmobile,not the human body.

ps everyone- we call then cow & bull caribou up here LOL
It's also 2000 miles IIRC, over some of the toughest terrain, in brutal weather. It's about twice what the Ididerrod (sp) is, and you're not just sitting on a dog sled while the dogs do the work. It's a whole lot tougher than some 3 hour marathon.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:35 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You heard me level these accusations at her (or him, or anyone)? Interesting tater you've got in your ear. Am I obliged to live up to your anti-hunting stereotype? How about anti- 2nd amendment stereotype? Anti- self sufficiency stereotype? Anti- male stereotype? Maybe everyone should just accept with finality that we're all obliged to live up to your fantastic delusion of vast left conspiracy, hose down rural america with anti bacterial soap, force men to wear dresses and live in new world order cabrini greens eating plastic meat from walmart chubs or everyones favorite- low sodium tofurkey. Yeah, we'll get right on that plan.

Off in the WV forum the conservatives were whining. The louder they'd whine, the more they attract liberals. Clearly it's a mating call for lonely hearts. Con's this desperate... a band of gays can come and give you a big sloppy smooch if needed. I'd rather not watch, kind of pervy, and wish you'd just get a room because the noise nuisance is annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady
...Is her man a lackey?
Who's the boss? Can't be a family without a 'boss', right? Is he an emasculated wimp? ...
That is the sterotype you attempted to perpetuate. Sorry you don't like being called on it and can't manage a rational conversation.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Hahahaha!! Yes, real women require male supervision and wear a pound of makeup on hunting trips.

oops! Your man-hate is showing. Real women enjoy the company of men and wear makeup when filming for shows. H*ll many women I know wear makeup to go to the grocery store. It's a very feminine quality you may or may not be familiar with. Palin is very much a woman which scares the feminazis.

Palin's show is about living in Alaska. They have a lifelong tradition of hunting and fishing from childhood. Her husband is from a native tribe who also hunts their food. I suppose all you lefties hate all the eskimos who hunt for their food or is it just the lefties hatred of all things Palin?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,525 times
Quote:
oops! Your man-hate is showing. Real women enjoy the company of men and wear makeup when filming for shows. H*ll many women I know wear makeup to go to the grocery store. It's a very feminine quality you may or may not be familiar with. Palin is very much a woman which scares the feminazis.

Palin's show is about living in Alaska. They have a lifelong tradition of hunting and fishing from childhood. Her husband is from a native tribe who also hunts their food. I suppose all you lefties hate all the eskimos who hunt for their food or is it just the lefties hatred of all things Palin?
So say the big corporations who sell makeup......lol.......Revlon, Avon, Estee Lauder, etc., etc.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:34 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,236 times
Quote:
Well there is one thing good about this silly Palin Derangement poll. It is clear most on CD are adults with only 10 jealous of Palins abilities and are not fearful she is all woman (something very scary to the feminazis)
I voted the way I did because I can see through her act. She is no hunter, fisherwoman, camper or hiker. She is an politician/actor playing to her base. Mean while she is padding her pockets while her 15 minutes of fame is playing out. It is a staged SHOW nothing more.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Oh puhleeeze! Stereotype much?

Obviously you've never been on a hunting excusion for women only. I have: some women wear make-up and some don't, some load their own firearms and some have a way, as do many women every day, of being able to get the male guides to do everything for them. Suggest you actually have knowledge before stating suppositions that make you look like a fool.

Here's a scrapbook from an NRA women's wilderness excusion to teach outdoor and shooting skills. You'll notice just as in the real world, real women come in all different shapes, sizes, and fashion styles.

http://www.nrahq.org/women/2008_escape_scrapbook.pdf

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 12-14-2010 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies