U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM

1,869 posts, read 837,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes, My grandparents in law. They start crying anytime they talk or even think about their life in Cuba. But let me tell you there is NOTHING weak about them. They are some of the strongest people I've ever met. They were strong enough to survive beating by Fidels men daily. They escaped and fled to Spain to come to America to fight for a better life. If you call a person that goes thru that and survives weak because they cry. Then maybe it is you that is unstable. Maybe it is you that doesnt understand there is things and times in your life that makes you emotional and that does not mean you are weak.

I didnt know we had an emotion police that gets to decide how often or how much we can show it.
Seems to me that comparing Boener with people who survived a brutal revolution is unfair to your husband's grandparents. Why would I call those people who survived the Cuban Revolution "weak"? I haven't even called Boener "weak." Most likely your husband's relatives suffer from PTSD, and rightfully so! I haven't heard of anything in Boener's past which would equate to your husband's grandparents' lives!

Seems that we have somehow now gone from crying frequently and at inappropriate times being an indicator of mental instability to crying frequently and at inappropriate times means someone is "WEAK." I never said that and I don't believe that. Those are your words which you seem to be trying to put in my mouth. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
It is a sign of strength to even endure the hardships that makes someone emotional. That you had the strength to push on and continue. Weak people dont survive. Holocaust survivors get emotional when talking about the Holocaust. Do you all think they are weak people even when they survived that?

Some of you are not living in reality about this topic but because he is a republican showing emotion its an issue.
What's with the "weak" argument? Do you think that John Boener's background of growing up with 11 children in the family, in a family who had a HOUSE and FOOD to eat, etc., etc., compares to a HOLOCAUST survivor? I think not. Your comparisons are enormously extreme.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM

12,439 posts, read 9,955,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
What's with the "weak" argument? Do you think that John Boener's background of growing up with 11 children in the family, in a family who had a HOUSE and FOOD to eat, etc., etc., compares to a HOLOCAUST survivor? I think not. Your comparisons are enormously extreme.
It is useless to try to carry on a discussion with some of the people here on C-D. It is always partisan with a lot of these people. My team is better than your team. They would defend a republican if that person threw an old lady under a bus. They would say well Ted Kennedy blah, blah. It is the same tired argument over and over.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is useless to try to carry on a discussion with some of the people here on C-D. It is always partisan with a lot of these people. My team is better than your team. They would defend a republican if that person threw an old lady under a bus. They would say well Ted Kennedy blah, blah. It is the same tired argument over and over.
I'm starting to see what you mean.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 AM

9,644 posts, read 8,341,721 times
Quote:
Seems to me that comparing Boener with people who survived a brutal revolution is unfair to your husband's grandparents. Why would I call those people who survived the Cuban Revolution "weak"? I haven't even called Boener "weak." Most likely your husband's relatives suffer from PTSD, and rightfully so! I haven't heard of anything in Boener's past which would equate to your husband's grandparents' lives!

Seems that we have somehow now gone from crying frequently and at inappropriate times being an indicator of mental instability to crying frequently and at inappropriate times means someone is "WEAK." I never said that and I don't believe that. Those are your words which you seem to be trying to put in my mouth. No thanks.
No its not unfair. They are not ashamed of their tears or their heartache.

You seem to think that people who cry over things in their past as unstable.

Tell me how many times have you seen him cry? How many times have you seen him speak any not?

Also when did we get emotional police that get to decide how often someone cries?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 8,341,721 times
Quote:
I am just throwing out examples as to reasons people get emotional over their past because many are here seems to think that is allowed.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,036,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the claim is that Beohner was crying out of concern for the welfare of our children, I would like to see some bills he voted on to increase the welfare of our children.

Still waiting on you to PROVE that John is an alcoholic as you stated that you have proof.

Do you have proof or did you just make that up?

You were asked if you have proof and you said yes, so provide the proof.

Guessing you just made it up to attack him since you cannot come up with proof.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
No its not unfair. They are not ashamed of their tears or their heartache.

You seem to think that people who cry over things in their past as unstable.

Tell me how many times have you seen him cry? How many times have you seen him speak any not?

Also when did we get emotional police that get to decide how often someone cries?
No, I do not think that ALL people who cry over things from their past are unstable.

Yes, I do think that John Boener cries TOO FREQUENTLY over too many things and he does so at very inappropriate times. He has cried so frequently on national TV that it's NOTICEABLE as abnormal by the media and the general public.

Name one other public figure who does the same thing.

"emotional police"......lol lol lol

Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I am just throwing out examples as to reasons people get emotional over their past because many are here seems to think that is allowed.
Use an example which is actually comparable to John Boener and HIS LIFE.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:40 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,036,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Would you be okay with the 3rd in line to president being a raging alcoholic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Well, provide the link of proof then.

Hoping you have something concrete to make this statement about someone.

Remember this?

Your answer was Yes, I do.

You called him an alcoholic and have yet to provide the proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies