U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 08:40 AM

3,827 posts, read 3,765,431 times

Advertisements

I know the kind of tears Boehner cries. They are tears based on his own weakness. He is just a simple man overawed at the position he's about to start and he cries because he knows it's a reach.

He's a simple man motivated by one thing, a desire to cut taxes. Shocking to him and us, it's gotten him pretty dang far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 AM

12,439 posts, read 9,960,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you name another person in congress who has cried like Boehner? You don't think something is up with this? He needs medication or something.

I have a job in which I see human tragedy all the time. If I cried like Boehner, I wouldn't be able to function or do my job.
Maybe alcoholism is the problem.

"After five o'clock, six o'clock at night he's disengaged -- at best," Scarborough continued. "You can see him around town. He does not have, let's say, the work hours of Newt Gingrich. ... Every Republican I talk to says that John Boehner, by five or six at night, you can see him at bars."

GOP leader denies charge he’s out bar-hopping every night | Raw Story

Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 AM

5,697 posts, read 5,291,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
There's a time and place for everything, when a person cries every time he mentions Amerika(that's
how Bonehead pronounces it) that person definitely has issues.

LOL
I think this is a hoot when you take a look at the hack we have as prez
talk about issues!!
but the minions that support him snarl when it is pointed out

Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 AM

29,007 posts, read 19,027,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I never see her cry. I guess she is more of a man than boner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tmQw...eature=related

She's actually ballin' her eyes out here but her tear ducts no longer work after years of Botox use. Her brain seems to have been similarly effected.

I thought I saw her cry once, but it was just excess Botox leaking out.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Thank goodness he isn't our president. Can you imagine what the rest of the world would think of us if he were? He reminds me of a televangelist who cries on queue for a living. Or he has a condition known as Emotional Lability.

Would this be anything like the way the world sees us now that Mr Hack Obama is prez
oh yeah, we should all be so proud.....gag!!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,854,132 times
this thread reeks of pathetic...

i don't know too much about Boener, so i'm not going to sit here and defend him as if he was the greatest thing since sliced bread...but, i can relate to him in regards to him getting emotional. and i personally know a few other men who also can get emotional publicly as well...

at my old church, back when i went, we had a preacher who would get emotional...almost every sermon, very similar to how boener gets when he speaks or is listening to something worth getting emotional over.

i realize this man will be in the public's eye, and it's important for public speakers to not get emotional too often, but i don't see how this will affect his job. if all you got to bash this man is that he is emotional, and cries often, then i'de say he's doing a damn good job....

Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
*Sigh* I don't have the same background that he came from. I didn't grow up in a one bathroom house with 11 brothers and sisters. I didn't have to work in my parents' bar mopping floors, cleaning dishes, and washing windows from the age 10 on. I didn't have to work menial janitorial jobs to put myself through college. And, I'm also not the next Speaker of the House either. The man struggled to get where he is and is living the true American dream. He wants the same opportunities for future generations, why do you have a problem with that? Are you of the mindset that it's okay to saddle the future generations with the crippling debt of borrowed dollars just so that you can continue to collect your entitlements? You're really okay with stealing from our nation's youth to support your party's programs? That's what he stands against and why he reacts the way he does when it comes to our nation's youth.

I agree and I get it
but most of these yahoo's on here do not
most of them could not find their own rear ends with their own hands

Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 AM

12,439 posts, read 9,960,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
this thread reeks of pathetic...

i don't know too much about Boener, so i'm not going to sit here and defend him as if he was the greatest thing since sliced bread...but, i can relate to him in regards to him getting emotional. and i personally know a few other men who also can get emotional publicly as well...

at my old church, back when i went, we had a preacher who would get emotional...almost every sermon, very similar to how boener gets when he speaks or is listening to something worth getting emotional over.

i realize this man will be in the public's eye, and it's important for public speakers to not get emotional too often, but i don't see how this will affect his job. if all you got to bash this man is that he is emotional, and cries often, then i'de say he's doing a damn good job....
Well if the number 3 person in line has a problem with alcoholism then I would say that there is a real problem. He said that he was good friends with Ted Kennedy on 60 minutes. Ted Kennedy was another person who battled problems with alcoholism. Maybe they had a lot in common.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 AM

577 posts, read 708,897 times
I think Boehner is on some type of medicine that makes him very emotional or maybe he needs to take medicine to take of his emotional problems. It doesn't look good for a person in his position to cry over issues the way he does.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:09 AM

33,954 posts, read 32,416,664 times
When you get older, water escapes from you either at the top or the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies