U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 02:21 PM

22,770 posts, read 25,283,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You know, they guy who got his balls cut off, even though he wasn't breaking any laws. That guy?
Oh, that guy.

Well to answer your question, I'm not the arbiter of what is in line and what is out of line with his daughter. That's a judgement call on the father's part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 PM

15,772 posts, read 8,597,340 times
I dont know about anyone else, but I have to take a look at the father and wonder what went wrong in raising this girl that would lead to her wanting to have a 57 year old boyfriend....

Old 12-14-2010, 02:26 PM

19,865 posts, read 18,384,076 times
57 year old people these days can still be quite youthful, 77 would be extreme...

Old 12-14-2010, 02:26 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,504,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I dont know about anyone else, but I have to take a look at the father and wonder what went wrong in raising this girl that would lead to her wanting to have a 57 year old boyfriend....
Really? I'm surprised she doesn't have a mess of behavioral problems, being the seed of such an obvious psychopath.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:27 PM

3,644 posts, read 5,423,215 times
The father should be tortured to death is the most painful way possible. Maiming someone for life just because you don't like what they are doing is dispicable. The fatehr should be burnt to death... slowly.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:27 PM

29,644 posts, read 32,044,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
ceece do you really believe this girl is right in the head? Be honest. See all sides of this story. I'm not condoning citizens taking the law into their own hands wrongfully.
How the heck would I know? All we can "see" is what was written in the article. We have no personal knowledge of any of these people. For all we know the girl was a hooker, the dad a violent drunk and the lover a simpleton with lots of money. Does that change anyones perspective?

no one knows what goes on behind closed doors..

Old 12-14-2010, 02:30 PM

7,658 posts, read 7,490,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Oh, that guy.

Well to answer your question, I'm not the arbiter of what is in line and what is out of line with his daughter. That's a judgement call on the father's part.

That's not what you made it sound like with this post (even after the edit):

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
the reason i condone this type of vigilante behavior, is due to naive and smug attitudes like yours -- that the average person lacks the "guts" to do this.

i'm not convinced that this story is true... nor am i convinced that dad was 'in the right' -- we don't have the details, and he is more than likely a nutcase. But the point remains that if as members of society, we were all prepared to kill and/or maim the people who step far enough out of line, im convinced the world would be a better place. this is the american way, and i'm glad to see that at least a few Germans feel the same way.
So, who decides what is "far enough out of line"? Me? You?

Maybe some guy thinks you dating his daughter is "out of line" for <insert random and arbitrary reason here> and metes out some vigilante justice on you similar to the father in this story? You'd be OK with that, because you "stepped out of line", right?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's the problem. Your criteria for your opposition or lack thereof are completely arbitrary, subjective, and unreasonable.
No, just situational.

You brought up the Muslim thing. If i lack good sense, and I think i'm going to head down to Riyadh and screw some Muslim hotties, then I deserve whatever sort of cruel and screwed up torture that I get in some guy's basement, for messing with established social mores.

Quote:
If everybody thought the way you do, we would have a society full of people maiming others for all sorts of reasons...
Nah, I don't agree with that.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:31 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,163,727 times
wow!

just wow!

57 with a 17 year old? He's a pedophile so he got what he deserved.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, who decides what is "far enough out of line"? Me? You?
those who are involved.

you can bring the government into it, but they are run by people who do not always have your interests in mind.

Quote:
Maybe some guy thinks you dating his daughter is "out of line" for <insert random and arbitrary reason here> and metes out some vigilante justice on you similar to the father in this story? You'd be OK with that, because you "stepped out of line", right?
i'd accept that as a choice I made, to date a girl whose dad was a nutjob.

as to whether i was "ok with that", i might decide myself that the dad is out of line, or i might not. in all likelihood i would view the girl and her family as a package deal, and go find someone who is less crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or