U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:47 PM

7,658 posts, read 7,498,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I hope they don't end up as Lamb fries up north ewwwwww. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. HAHHHAHAHHahahahahahahhahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Her dads name is Helmut, hhahhhahhahahahahhahahahhahahaah. Whats gonna be the judges name $cr0tum? Hahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahah. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Hahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Are you drunk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 04:26 PM

3,464 posts, read 3,024,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Are you drunk?
No, just having fun. I mean women get stoned in Arab countries and it doesn't cause this outrage. Ohhh but some jackass gets his nuts cut off for dating a teenager and its a big deal. Did you know some women have had their ***** cut out, hmmmm no biggie, not here. I think its hysterical that so many people here care about it.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:16 PM

7,658 posts, read 7,498,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
No, just having fun. I mean women get stoned in Arab countries and it doesn't cause this outrage. Ohhh but some jackass gets his nuts cut off for dating a teenager and its a big deal. Did you know some women have had their ***** cut out, hmmmm no biggie, not here. I think its hysterical that so many people here care about it.

Ah, I see. You're much easier to understand without all the "BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHHAA" stuff, BTW.

I agree that people being stoned to death or having acid thrown on them is a much more serious thing. However, that is the work of religious zealots, and I think we all recognize that railing against zealotry is a lost cause.

I think this is causing a much bigger stir, because it happened in a Western country where this sort of thing is much more rare.

Just a guess on my part, though.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM

4,406 posts, read 5,335,793 times
Two wrongs don't make a right. Those of you who support the father's actions or say you'd do the same show everyone here what little regard you have for life and limb. The action destroyed the man forever. The daughter will be traumatized for the rest of her life. The father needs to go to jail for a very long time...or willingly subject himself to the same fate as his victim.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,237,890 times
Why is it that when (mostly right-wing Americans) pair the words old man, young girl together, this triggers a Pavlovian response that turns said people into raging, frothing-at-the-mouth barbarians, that shut down some cognitive processes of the brain, namely they fail to RECOGNIZE THE RELATIONSHIP WAS LEGAL? I've seen a lot of you post non-sense that he's a pedophile, and that the relationship was illegal. Um hello people, it was in GERMANY where the legal age of consent is 14. It doesn't matter what YOU think, the law is the law, and the law over there says 14 is old enough to consent to sexual activity. The police even said they can't touch them because nothing illegal was taking place! Seriously, retard the anger levels a couple notches. It's embarrassing.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:19 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,865,019 times
There is a reason that a 17 yr old girl would even choose to date a man older than her father & considering how violent her father is maybe its partly understandable.

No one should condone this behavior, even if we all would like to think about it if it happened to us.

Last edited by sindey; 12-14-2010 at 08:29 PM..

Old 12-14-2010, 08:33 PM

6,926 posts, read 5,586,963 times
The only thing I can say is, what was done to him by her father was wrong....I have a daughter but when she was 17 there were rules and a curfew to follow.

Where was dad when she met and started dating this man?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,482,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
The only thing I can say is, what was done to him by her father was wrong....I have a daughter but when she was 17 there were rules and a curfew to follow.

Where was dad when she met and started dating this man?
I see that too. I'm thinking his rage was more about displacing his own failure as a parent. Again, I just wish men had more guidance for fatherhood because punishing a right instinct to protect his family is wrong too. I see this lack of male guidance all over the place. Not just this isolated incident.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:23 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,108,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Still too young in my book. I think that any man that does stuff like that to a chiild should end up like that guy. My neighbor raped a 12 year old girl. I get to see his smug face everyday. If it were my daughter, he would be intact, but he wouldn't be alive. Either, is a good punishment, though.
Good God, do you not see the difference between raping a 12 year-old girl and consensual sex between a 17 year-old and an older adult? At some point one has to face the reality that a 17 year-old "girl" is a minor in name only, and in Germany, the consensual relationship was not even close to illegal by a long shot. So there should be no problem. What should be a problem is one man's "need" to violently mutilate another man's genitals for no reason.

Here's a question I pose to readers: If it were a 17 year-old male and a 57 year-old woman, would you support vaginal mutilation?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,108,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Oh, that guy.

Well to answer your question, I'm not the arbiter of what is in line and what is out of line with his daughter. That's a judgement call on the father's part.
Whether or not to maim or disfigure someone is not a "judgement call" that the father has any damn right to make.

Facts:

A) The victim was not breaking any laws

B) The father DID egregiously violate the law

Case closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or