U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:36 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,097,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
wow!

just wow!

57 with a 17 year old? He's a pedophile so he got what he deserved.
False.

A pedophile is attracted to pre-pubescent children.

The ignorance in this thread is astounding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Good God, do you not see the difference between raping a 12 year-old girl and consensual sex between a 17 year-old and an older adult? At some point one has to face the reality that a 17 year-old "girl" is a minor in name only, and in Germany, the consensual relationship was not even close to illegal by a long shot. So there should be no problem. What should be a problem is one man's "need" to violently mutilate another man's genitals for no reason.

Here's a question I pose to readers: If it were a 17 year-old male and a 57 year-old woman, would you support vaginal mutilation?
I bet that the people that support that psychopathic father probably think the age of consent should be 21+ for females. Reading between the lines of their statements, that's my conclusion.

And I bet they wouldn't support that. It's always with people (particularly Americans) that a young boy willfully had sex with an older woman, but those same people think that same-aged girl was taken advantage of. Why the discrepancy? This also happens during sentencing of female perpetrators. They usually get reduced sentences or have limited time registration on the S.O. list.

Basically it boils down to this:

1. 40 year old man has sex with a 17 year old girl in a state where the age of consent is 16. The crowd's reaction is OMG KILL HIM BURN HIM AT THE STAKE.

2. 40 year old woman has sex with a 17 year old boy in a state where the age of consent is 16. The crowd's reaction is aww well,I think it's so horrible what the woman did, but I think she has trust issues that need to be worked out if she can only be intimate with someone much younger than her.

Personally I think everyone that says they would have done the same deed as the psycho father, needs to undergo psychological evaluation because I bet he also said the same thing reading news stories about older men dating younger girls. Even though I agree with desertdetroiter, that none of you (save one, for margin of error purposes) probably won't do it anyway

Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,097,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I bet that the people that support that psychopathic father probably think the age of consent should be 21+ for females. Reading between the lines of their statements, that's my conclusion.

And I bet they wouldn't support that. It's always with people (particularly Americans) that a young boy willfully had sex with an older woman, but those same people think that same-aged girl was taken advantage of. Why the discrepancy? This also happens during sentencing of female perpetrators. They usually get reduced sentences or have limited time registration on the S.O. list.

Basically it boils down to this:

1. 40 year old man has sex with a 17 year old girl in a state where the age of consent is 16. The crowd's reaction is OMG KILL HIM BURN HIM AT THE STAKE.

2. 40 year old woman has sex with a 17 year old boy in a state where the age of consent is 16. The crowd's reaction is aww well,I think it's so horrible what the woman did, but I think she has trust issues that need to be worked out if she can only be intimate with someone much younger than her.

Personally I think everyone that says they would have done the same deed as the psycho father, needs to undergo psychological evaluation because I bet he also said the same thing reading news stories about older men dating younger girls. Even though I agree with desertdetroiter, that none of you (save one, for margin of error purposes) probably won't do it anyway
Precisely.

Hasn't science concluded that females mentally mature faster than males anyway?

So why is it so vile and evil for an older man to have sex with a 17 year-old girl and not the other way around? Why? Because the male penetrates? I don't mean to be crude here, but the double standards are through the roof and are now moving from the arena of ridiculous to outright dangerous, when you condone these violent crimes out of misplaced Puritanical hogwash.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 PM

3,463 posts, read 3,006,868 times
Just because I think its creepy and gross that a senior citizen dates a teenager doesn't mean I think the victim got what he deserved. Helmut had no right to cut off that guys genitals, but at the same time if he was warned about that possibility well then I feel less sorry for him thats all.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 AM

9,594 posts, read 9,423,079 times
Completely missed by the over-protective conservative dads on the board is the fact that if their daughters loved them and cared for them they wouldn't do what the 17 year old in the story did. She was looking for the father she didn't have at home. Why? Because he was spending what time he spent at home being a right wing conservative bore (read: jerk). Sound like anybody here? You can maim your daughter's boyfriend and that will take care of that. Or will it? Once you are safely behind bars will she cut a swath through the assisted living facility in town or maybe she will TOS violation and that will make you feel real good... not. If you found yourself siding with Helmut and you have a pre-teen little girl that you adore, quick, go tell her so!! Hurry! And lose the attitude and macho bluster on the way, its so... false.

H

Last edited by Leisesturm; 12-15-2010 at 01:33 AM..

Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 AM

30,038 posts, read 30,666,192 times
The man is a damned fool...In one swoop of a knife he has probably ruined his own life and that of his family...

Old 12-15-2010, 01:35 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,261,063 times
Sounds like a good idea, no matter what age he was. Considering the age difference, however, the whole idea of such a relationship seems sick.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:54 AM

30,038 posts, read 30,666,192 times
It may seem sick to you and I, but it's normal in some cultures...I'm sure if this guy had ignored the situation his daughter would have eventually left the older guy on her own accord.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:21 AM

8,797 posts, read 5,336,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't know how i feel on this one, and yes i have a grown daughter, a beautiful daughter, who even at 17 had more sense then to date someone of that age.

I can understand the Father's frustration i truly do, but if each time, something like this happens, how much more easier will it get, for people to follow this example. I am literally torn on this one. i have sympathy for the Father, but when our children grow, we want them to at least have common sense also. What do we do with all of the convicted rapists, and abusers of children, and babies who are out there, should they too not get the same punishment.

When we do decide to take the law in our own hands, does it not become much easier for the next situation, that is the same, to become much easier the next time around.

My daughter would never had been dating someone that age at 17.

There is a part of me that is accepting of this, but if let go, where does it stop.
I'm shocked at the response of so many here ... and that includes being "torn", or having "sympathy" for the father? What about the poor slob that got butchered by this psychopath?

My God, what evil possesses you people to think that butchering this guy was "understandable" ?

I'll tell you what is understandable ... or at least a reasonable hypothesis ... given this maniacal father's inhuman behavior, it shouldn't be a mystery that is daughter might make an unwise decision about whom to lay down with!!

This brings renewed legitimacy, in this case, for the ancient punishment .. an eye for an eye. That should be done, and then let him sit in a jail cell for the rest of his life contemplating his act.

I swear, it's mass psychosis ... what in blazes causes you to rationalize this brutal assault for a second? A young woman of the age of consent .. consents to sleep with an older man. Sure ... not something a parent would joyfully embrace, but it was certainly her decision to make.

You need not answer ... it's a rhetorical question that has no rational answer.

The deal is ... you all are far more twisted than the 57 year old that found a 17 year old female attractive ... an age, by the way, that is not far different than the majority of Playboy models and Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders that are ogled by half the male population every Sunday afternoon. Do you think these guys would say ... sorry honey, but you're too young for me? Should we castrate ALL MALES?? You feminists would love that wouldn't you?

Get a grip on reality .... and on your humanity ... if you have any left.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Just because I think its creepy and gross that a senior citizen dates a teenager doesn't mean I think the victim got what he deserved. Helmut had no right to cut off that guys genitals, but at the same time if he was warned about that possibility well then I feel less sorry for him thats all.
I want to ask you. Considering your responses, how would you think, if the article had said she was 18 at the time of the crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or