U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 PM

565 posts, read 409,866 times

Advertisements

This looks pretty close to the Shariah Law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 07:19 PM

4,579 posts, read 3,853,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Guess we should have done to same to this guy?
No doubt! ROFLMAO!!! Although his are just ornamental anyhow.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,484,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I dont have any daughters, and it is probably a good thing because I probably would have done the same thing.............German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - Telegraph Does he deserve to be charged with attempted murder ? "The man was forced to remove his trousers and, fully conscious, he was castrated. The severed testicles were taken away by the perpetrator." "I saw it as my duty as a father."
It's my understanding that in German law the penalty for rape is castration. His teenage daughter--- statutory rape? I think that would be for a jury to decide. I cannot condone his behavior, but I can very much understand his intention to defend his daughter. I only wish he had gone about things in a different way- namely, taking that girl by the hand and showing her another picture of a 57yr old chasing skirts. Knowledge is her best self defense far beyond even his ability to protect his daughter.

Fathers need to take seriously the duty of teaching their daughters how to defend themselves psychologically and physically. If he had taught her, I seriously doubt this young girl would have confused womanhood as seeking out another brand of father figure to protect her. The psychological damage is within her and neither her father nor her 57yr old boyfriend can see her as anything more than an ornament to covet or defend. She cannot see her own worth or dignity through the beams in the eyes of men. It's a longstanding cultural problem and any attempt to discuss it is met by men claiming themselves victims of rabid feminazi's.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:13 PM

14,920 posts, read 10,788,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
It's my understanding that in German law the penalty for rape is castration. His teenage daughter--- statutory rape? I think that would be for a jury to decide. I cannot condone his behavior, but I can very much understand his intention to defend his daughter. I only wish he had gone about things in a different way- namely, taking that girl by the hand and showing her another picture of a 57yr old chasing skirts. Knowledge is her best self defense far beyond even his ability to protect his daughter.
This isn't statutory rape. The age of consent in Germany is 14. Hell, I'm typing this response from Colorado where this would also be perfectly legal.

edit: And your understanding of German law is wrong. They don't castrate people in Germany (not since the Nazis). Chemical castration is used in Germany for certain sex offenders - but ONLY if they agree to undergo it (volunteer).

Old 12-13-2010, 08:26 PM

5,645 posts, read 3,996,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If the guy had raped my daughter, or beat her, or caused her physical harm, yeah, I'd string him up by his testicles and commence to sawing with a dull butter knife. But we are talking about a consensual relationship here.

I don't have a daughter yet (she's due in march ) but I do know this from raising a boy who will be 7 next week. Telling a child what they have to do is hard to do. I can't imagine telling a grown adult what they have to do, my child or not.
I agree. If it was consensual, he had no right. But even if it wasn't consensual, he still had no right. I don't believe violence really serves any purpose. My husband on the other hand, has said that if we have a daughter (whenever our time comes), he will be purchasing a shotgun. So I can see both sides of it, although I think cutting off a guy's balls is just a tad extreme. No, he should not be charged with attempted murder, either, I doubt you could bleed to death from castration.

Congrats, Memphis!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:34 PM

5,645 posts, read 3,996,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
This isn't statutory rape. The age of consent in Germany is 14. Hell, I'm typing this response from Colorado where this would also be perfectly legal.

edit: And your understanding of German law is wrong. They don't castrate people in Germany (not since the Nazis). Chemical castration is used in Germany for certain sex offenders - but ONLY if they agree to undergo it (volunteer).
And chemical castration is NOT the same as physically castrating someone without anaesthesia. It's not even a painful punishment, it's just designed to keep them from ever having sex again and thus not molesting anyone again. It's actually kind of a stupid punishment, if you think about it.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

I thank you for the correction. The age of consent is a very difficult thing to nail down in teen years because it cannot take into account their individual development to make that educated choice of their own free will. Child emancipation laws are always on a case by case basis. Reality: predators lure children with candy. Young girls, even though the age of consent may be established rigidly on the books, are reliably not able to live up to their responsibility to themselves. Western culture has given them a handicap. In a way it's like chinese foot binding their women to live down to their expectations of beauty and worth.

These situations cannot be corrected by law if the law treats children as miniature adults, or awkward teen age years as either child status or adult status. The parents need to be held accountable, and if their children are out of control and they're requesting assistance from the community/ authorities to get control of them, I think that's responsible behavior. Letting them run amok claiming it's a free country, "what can I do?", or "boys will be boys" is the negation of responsibility. These boys running in gangs-- where are their parents? Should we not treat this as a case of child abandonment? Food for thought.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 PM

3,464 posts, read 3,025,038 times
He should serve the same amount of time as Lorena Bobbit, if sharia law includes castration after being convicted of rape then I'm all for it. Obviously this wasn't rape so it was a little extreme, get it little hahahahahahhahah. I guess he won't be complaining about TSA patdowns. BUhahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahaaahahahah.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I agree. If it was consensual, he had no right. But even if it wasn't consensual, he still had no right. I don't believe violence really serves any purpose. My husband on the other hand, has said that if we have a daughter (whenever our time comes), he will be purchasing a shotgun. So I can see both sides of it, although I think cutting off a guy's balls is just a tad extreme. No, he should not be charged with attempted murder, either, I doubt you could bleed to death from castration.

Congrats, Memphis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g21rYaxUyog

Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,763,594 times
Kudos to that guy! They should give him an award instead of charging him. The age spread in that case should be evidence enough. 40 years?? I'd willingly go to jail as a father for the same kind of justice... Although as a father I'd try my darndest to prevent that situation in the first place..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or