U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 AM

11,128 posts, read 12,375,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
There, I fixed it for you.

I'll fix this whole thread premise by saying foreign fools errands policy, the delusions of grandeur, need super sized deflation. Define the mission statement clearly, there will be no arguments about whether or not we're all on the same page about going to war or not the next time around. Our jurisdiction is not the globe. That's mission impossible, and if the UN can't get it's act together for the next Rwanda, shame on the world- the organization only proves it's uselessness. Just another multi trillion venue for sibling rivalry.

Get a gander at this Space-Based Infrared System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia over budget x 3. Now looking at 10 billion for fancy pants GPS. Star wars didn't have a budget at all, they just kept changing the names and using cross agency resources as a multi billion scale cost shifting shell game. 100 billion plus later... ???

Americans would do well to fire every lawyer kissing money, paint a giant bullseye for al quaeda on K street, and hire every forensic accountant with proven integrity available. Maybe we'll find 3? 4?
And as disgusting as the massive amounts of cash being funneled in black bags to and fro, at least it is money being spent by the US for the US, and not some other country in a never ending series of give it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The general public does not care.
If the media doesn't report things like this, how is the public to know?
Some representatives may very feel intimidated if they don't go with the flow.
Beyond this notion among many Christians in America that there is this biblical connection to God's favorite children, when looking for pragmatism, it is simply non-existent.

America has worked the Israeli issue on two fronts. One to get Israel's neighbors to recognize Israel's existence. The second front is to allay Israel's security concerns and fears of being wiped out. On the first front the US has, albeit with great difficulty managed to get Egypt and Jordan to recognize Israel and even accept it. It has even managed to take the once powerful PLO and defang it to its current form as the Palestinian Authority, that has neither teeth or a spine. The second front however, absolutely NOTHING has been accomplished as Israel will forever live in a constant state of paranoia over its existence and will never rest.

The fact that Israel has 200 nuclear weapons, enough to destroy the entire Middle East many times over, including North Africa seems to make no difference. It is as though America is like a young boy trying to court the prettiest girl at school who no matter what the boy does, it will never meet with her approval. The US loses its mind over Iran potentially getting a nuclear bomb some day, meanwhile as far as Israel is concerned it takes a "don't ask don't tell" stance. No matter what the United States does, no matter what the United States offers, it will never be enough. The people of Israel, whether still suffering from the Holocaust memories or living in some crazed vision of King David among a nation of Goliath's, will forever be in a bunker mentality surrounded by enemies whether real or imagined.

Currently the US offered 50 top of the line aircraft for get this, a 90 day, non-extendendable, no money back guarantee to stop building settlements, which before the ink was dry, Israel was already disputing! The US not only trades in vast amounts of arms, but also helps fund the development of their own systems, often based upon our own, to add to the already existing most awesome military force in the entire region, but it is not enough because it will never be enough. One word Israel demands of the US, more more more more more. What is next, we give Afghanistan's Taliban 40 M-1 main battle tanks if they promise to behave until Christmas?

Keep in mind, the F-35's that we are giving Israel, are to counter a threat that doesn't exist. Israel's airforce is already more than capable of dominating air superiority over any other nation or combination of nations in the region. Again, its not enough, and it never will be.

People often say we get a lot in return from Israel, and I'd like to see what on God's green earth is Israel doing to make this an equal partnership, because as it stands, America looks like a boy infatuated with the girl at the dance, one that dismisses him like a used tissue while he follows her around on his knees begging for her affections.

As evidence of this styled relationship I'm speaking of, I'll give you this example.

Quote:
"I know what America is," Netanyahu said in 2001, in a video released last summer. "America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction."
Yeah, a love struck boy on his knees all right. About time this country grew a spine and started acting like were an equal partner instead of a sugar daddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 AM

20,006 posts, read 15,175,904 times
Wahhhh!! Waahhhh!! Anti-semitism!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 07:51 AM

19,447 posts, read 13,191,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I've heard about a few others, but I didn't even catch this one in the indi papers. Thankfully it was caught by the American Conservative magazine however.

The American Conservative More Money for Nothing

I do disagree with this line, since almost no one will question it, as barely anyone was even aware of it.

Now I realized we gave Israel 3+ billion of your tax dollars each and every year in one lump sum so they can collect interest from us on this. (the worlds only nation allowed to pull such a scam) I also was aware that the United States, in order to sell arms to Saudi Arabia had to agree to give concessions to Israel which were an additional 3 billion over ten years on top of their yearly welfare check. Additionally, the United States just gave away billions of dollars worth of top of the line military hardware in exchange for get this, a 90 day settlement freeze which Israel says doesn't include the west bank. Are you flipping kidding me, talk about chutzpuh. So just tack on another half a billion to the ticket, its not like the American tax payer is going to complain.

I've come up with a solution to save America millions of dollars of your own tax money each year. Just have each American citizen send a check directly to the government of Israel and cut out the American middle man, known as your Congress.
Its easy to spend when its not your money. Plus, this is the era of 0bama, where the trillion replaced the old billion, and the billion replaced the million, so half a billion is really only like half a million in 0bama dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies