Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:21 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times

Advertisements

I've heard about a few others, but I didn't even catch this one in the indi papers. Thankfully it was caught by the American Conservative magazine however.

The American Conservative » More Money for Nothing
Quote:
Yesterday the US Congress approved $205 million for Israel’s Iron Dome anti-missile system. That was on top of $200 million previously allocated for Israel’s Arrow and David’s Sling development programs. Now, one might question approving nearly half a billion dollars for a foreign country at a time when budgets for programs in the United States are being axed, so it is definitely convenient that the US public will not know about the vote as it has not been reported anywhere in the US mainstream media.
I do disagree with this line, since almost no one will question it, as barely anyone was even aware of it.

Now I realized we gave Israel 3+ billion of your tax dollars each and every year in one lump sum so they can collect interest from us on this. (the worlds only nation allowed to pull such a scam) I also was aware that the United States, in order to sell arms to Saudi Arabia had to agree to give concessions to Israel which were an additional 3 billion over ten years on top of their yearly welfare check. Additionally, the United States just gave away billions of dollars worth of top of the line military hardware in exchange for get this, a 90 day settlement freeze which Israel says doesn't include the west bank. Are you flipping kidding me, talk about chutzpuh. So just tack on another half a billion to the ticket, its not like the American tax payer is going to complain.

I've come up with a solution to save America millions of dollars of your own tax money each year. Just have each American citizen send a check directly to the government of Israel and cut out the American middle man, known as your Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,521 times
As usual, instead of being all over the news, news-stories concerning our "bestest friends" are being swept under the rug. Dum. A.. Americans are more interested in filling the malls and watching simpsons...

Old 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
It's tough to find such reports in the MSM. The US media sure knows who to cover for.
It's too bad that Wikileaks couldn't reveal the mysteries of the US-Israel connection.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM

Congress is representing the american citizen, so this sweetheart deal has to be beneficial for the american people, right?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:18 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
I think this is newsworthy. We need more independent news outlets. Corporate news is a fraud. If the mainstream news reported or worse commented on this news, they would probably be labeled antisemite. I bet the news article has already been so acused.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:43 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

I've come up with a solution to save America millions of dollars of your own tax money each year. Just have each American citizen send a check directly to the government of Israel and cut out the American middle man, known as your arms dealer/ contractor owned Congress.
There, I fixed it for you.

I'll fix this whole thread premise by saying foreign fools errands policy, the delusions of grandeur, need super sized deflation. Define the mission statement clearly, there will be no arguments about whether or not we're all on the same page about going to war or not the next time around. Our jurisdiction is not the globe. That's mission impossible, and if the UN can't get it's act together for the next Rwanda, shame on the world- the organization only proves it's uselessness. Just another multi trillion venue for sibling rivalry.

Get a gander at this Space-Based Infrared System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia over budget x 3. Now looking at 10 billion for fancy pants GPS. Star wars didn't have a budget at all, they just kept changing the names and using cross agency resources as a multi billion scale cost shifting shell game. 100 billion plus later... ???

Americans would do well to fire every lawyer kissing money, paint a giant bullseye for al quaeda on K street, and hire every forensic accountant with proven integrity available. Maybe we'll find 3? 4?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
Congress is representing the american citizen, so this sweetheart deal has to be beneficial for the american people, right?
WHY are your representatives PERMITTED to be bought out from under you?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
The general public does not care.
If the media doesn't report things like this, how is the public to know?
Some representatives may very feel intimidated if they don't go with the flow.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Job security, a guaranteed big fat pension check after retiring.
None of these congessman has the backbone and guts to speak up for whats best for the AMERICAN PEOPLE when it comes to our "bestest friends".
Those leeches will suck you dry and leave

Old 12-15-2010, 07:08 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I think the solution is that every morning we have to go to the House and Senate Roll Call Vote pages and see what they passed ourselves because the lame media isn't doing their bleepin' job.

Here's the Senate page:

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home

[And, here's the House page:

Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives Legislation & Votes

Just click in the Roll Call Votes links on those pages and then click on the vote number for a better description. I didn't give the end page because we're too close to the change from the 111th Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies