U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 AM

19,216 posts, read 12,528,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes, because Bush and friends are the ones who created and gave arms to Israel, decided to build military bases in Islamic countries, and started the whole policy of tromping around the middle east, telling people what to do.
And what a spectacular show it was!

The Chinese got nothing on us when it comes to fireworks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM

3,809 posts, read 4,534,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Who will teach Muslims tolerance?
It should be the Muslims who don't support the radical
branch, They have been MUCH to quiet

In reality and throughout time it seems that nothing
will to work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9ro...layer_embedded

Old 12-14-2010, 10:32 AM

527 posts, read 868,661 times
Muslims will Never be tolerant of us,.
It is THEIR way or NO way.
There is NO in between- either you are with them or not. That is their religion.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,130,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Maybe Muslims are holding Americans responsible for what the American government does.

Well, someone has to do it!

The appropriate apology to the Muslims would be to hang Bush and friends.

That apology would have meaning.
The problem is Americans are tolerant, but Muslims are not.

Policy has nothing to do with being tolerant. Americans are highly criticized for not being tolerant when it should be the other way around.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The problem is Americans are tolerant, but Muslims are not.

Policy has nothing to do with being tolerant. Americans are highly criticized for not being tolerant when it should be the other way around.
Maybe Americans are tolerant of the wrong things.

Just because you have tremendous name recognition, doesn't mean that you'll get elected.

Charlie Manson still hasn't become president.

"Policy" needs to be constitutionally directed.

Our constitution is friendly, in a healthy way, to all.

It's slime free.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,337,371 times
If your talkig about radical muslim nations thehn I have no more tolerance of them than the Nazi's.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:23 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,298,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The muslims have no tolerance for us. Just as I have no tolerance for them. It is a religion of hate and terrorism and anyone trying to deny that is wrong.
Your already wrong... Muslim isn't a religion.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Muslims are soooo pigoted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdKl...eature=related

Old 12-14-2010, 11:49 AM

10,543 posts, read 11,720,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True.

However, often times we confuse the desires of the host nations government with the desires of their populations at large. We may be quite popular with the Saudi Royal Family and their lackeys.... but that doesn't have a damn thing to do with the Saudi on the street. These governments and their populations clearly have different interests.

If an overwhelming majority of the population in ANY nation (not just Muslim nations) are anti-American despite the position of their government, that should be taken in very serious consideration.

In the case of the Arabian Peninsula for example, i'd bet that in very strong majority numbers, the overriding sentiment is that U.S. troops should not be stationed within those borders. If that's the case, i don't really care WHY they don't want us there....that's not my business. If it's because they think we're infidels, fine. But no matter how nebulous the reason may be, i don't want to be somewhere that i'm not wanted.
That's certainly a valid perspective with some good points. Well stated.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,362,768 times
I don't care what any of you say, tolerance is something you don't learn your either born with being tolerant or your not, no excuses why, or who was there or any other nonsense. They are who they are, and no one person is going to change their views for any purporse.

These People come from a very different mindset, and culture, what is important to many Americans surely is not to Muslims, Those poor Women, are covered from head to toe, in the hottest of days, and not respected in any way from Muslim Men, they treat their Women horribly and yes inhumane.

I watched an interview with Muslims last year or the year before about how they feel about Americans, this was for some reason just the Men. Younger Muslim Men, and i am sure all Muslims do not feel this way. I want to add that myself.

Who said it was not about FREEDOM, WRONG, The men stated that Americans have to much freedom to come and go whatever that means. The Men need to get a backbone with American Women, and that American Women have to much freedom, that the men need to put their foot down. They think that and maybe we do Americans obsess over the stupidest of things and things of non importance, which that part could be true.
They feel American Women show too much skin, have evil ways, and men should get tougher with their Women, do you agree or not.

The religion part is where i shut the tv off, they babbled too much about our Faith, and how wrong we are for the beliefs we have.

It just appears to me that whenever there is such a difference of an opinion, and Staunch Reactions Religion is involved.

Invasion or not, These People have been out to get us way before that time.

Don't care what Religion your a part of when ever Religion is carried to an extreme, Bad Things are going to Happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies