Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,795 times

Advertisements

The state has overturned this policy YET this women is still going to sue. Makes her complaint seem very disengenious to me as she is just looking for a payday.

Woman arrested for wearing hijab sues Georgia city - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101214/ap_on_re_us/us_muslim_headscarf_arrest - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 11:53 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
The state has overturned this policy YET this women is still going to sue. Makes her complaint seem very disengenious to me as she is just looking for a payday.

Woman arrested for wearing hijab sues Georgia city - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101214/ap_on_re_us/us_muslim_headscarf_arrest - broken link)
CAIR actively encourages Muslims in the USA to use and manipulate the legal system at every available opportunity. Just as liberals manipulate our legal system for their agenda, CAIR encourages the manuiplation of our legal system for its agenda as part of political jihad and the Islamification of the USA.
Know Your Rights

Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
CAIR actively encourages Muslims in the USA to use and manipulate the legal system at every available opportunity. Just as liberals manipulate our legal system for their agenda, CAIR encourages the manuiplation of our legal system for its agenda as part of political jihad and the Islamification of the USA.
Know Your Rights
Which makes them no different than any other special interest group involved in civil rights, including Christian ones like the ADF.

You could just as well have said "just as conservatives manipulate the legal system.."

EVERYBODY manipulates the legal system - plaintiffs, defendants, lawyers, lobbyists.... You just don't like it because they are muslims.

As for the "Islamification of the USA", I hope you get a good laugh out of that.

I do, because I know it ain't gonna happen. More RWNJ scaremongering.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Which makes them no different than any other special interest group involved in civil rights, including Christian ones like the ADF.

You could just as well have said "just as conservatives manipulate the legal system.."

EVERYBODY manipulates the legal system - plaintiffs, defendants, lawyers, lobbyists.... You just don't like it because they are muslims.

As for the "Islamification of the USA", I hope you get a good laugh out of that.

I do, because I know it ain't gonna happen. More RWNJ scaremongering.
Your opinion combined with false accusations and character defamation.

I was addressing the topic at hand. I don't think highly of anyone who manipulates our legal system in the name of self-serving interests regardless of their religion, gender, or race. I have no use for litigeous individuals and even less for trial attorneys whose sole purpose is to game the legal system for profit.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Your opinion combined with false accusations and character defamation.
Merely logic, but you probably don't recognize it.

Quote:
I don't think highly of anyone who manipulates our legal system in the name of self-serving interests regardless of their religion, gender, or race.
Every litigant in every lawsuit ever filed is attempting to manipulate the legal system for their own benefit. That's how it works. To say or imply that CAIR is doing something different than any other ethnic or religious interest group - or even the flippin Girl Scouts, is extremely disingenous, indicative of prejudice, and downright illogical.

Quote:
I have no use for litigeous individuals and even less for trial attorneys whose sole purpose is to game the legal system for profit.
Well let's just hope you never get your rights violated and never need an attorney to help you with that.

I am a trial attorney. I get paid a salary. I get paid the exact same whether I win or lose a case.

You seem to have this erroneous idea that all trial attorneys do is personal injury cases, which in fact, I never do.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:14 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
To me the worrisome part is this:
"This is who I am. Without it, it's like taking off my shirt. It's like being stripped of something that's part of me."

If someone equals uncovered hair with uncovered breasts, I wonder what's next...

Old 12-14-2010, 12:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
I don't think highly of anyone who manipulates our legal system in the name of self-serving interests regardless of their religion, gender, or race. I have no use for litigeous individuals and even less for trial attorneys whose sole purpose is to game the legal system for profit.
Could someone define what it means to "manipulate" the legal system?
The reason that I ask is that the basis for any tortuous action is to to be recompensed for some personal wrong, which by its very nature makes any lawsuit "self-serving". As for trial attorneys gaming the legal system, well that leaves me shaking my head in confusion as well since "gaming the system" is otherwise known as simple litigation.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Could someone define what it means to "manipulate" the legal system?
The reason that I ask is that the basis for any tortuous action is to to be recompensed for some personal wrong, which by its very nature makes any lawsuit "self-serving". As for trial attorneys gaming the legal system, well that leaves me shaking my head in confusion as well since "gaming the system" is otherwise known as simple litigation.
I've "manipulated the system" about half a dozen times today already.

Apparently lifelongmogal only wants people she personally approves of to be able to argue their cases in court.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post

Why do you believe she doesn't deserve some type of compensation? What do you think is the proper response when your constitutional rights are violated and you are put in jail?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I've "manipulated the system" about half a dozen times today already.
Ambulance chaser!

Quote:
Apparently lifelongmogal only wants people she personally approves of to be able to argue their cases in court.
That is usually the case in these sorts of arguments. It would appear that some folks believe that there should a jury to decide what cases should go to trial based upon the submission of relevant headlines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies