Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 12:41 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Another little tidbit to support legalizing it. Have you ever tried medical marijuana?? Holy crap, 1 hit and you are in heaven--because it is "Pure" clean marijuana. I don't smoke pot, but when I did I realized that making it illegal actually harms users. Because it goes through many layers of dealers, and some of these dealers mix bud with the non-thc parts to fatten up their bags -- they then "spray" the double sized bag with raid and other nasty chemicals to give a "high" effect, but not a good one.
FYI: Pretty sure there's no such thing as "medical marijuana" specifically, unless you're talking about the pill form of marinol. Most of the medical product here in California is grown by patients/citizens, and sold directly to the cannabis clubs... it is probably cleaner than what you'll get from a street dealer, but the government plays no part in producing the club's medical pot.

We've basically just found a way around marijuana laws, by filtering it through the scam known as "medical marijuana clinics." And this is coming from a "patient" herself, so you know I'm not biased against the product or the process. I just see it as a silly debate, since something like 12 states have already found a way around this law. Might as well just legalize it at this point, giving the government some control over quality, and filtering that money back into the state. These clubs are making millions upon millions, which is money that could really help to dig us out of debt. We're going to smoke it anyway (as I did even before Prop 215), so why not give that money to the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 12:43 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
I'm all for legalization of marijuana. The more Libs are free to smoke it, the more likely they will forget to go and vote.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:46 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I'm all for legalization of marijuana. The more Libs are free to smoke it, the more likely they will forget to go and vote.
I've voted in every major election since I was 18, and probably smoked a joint before heading to a few of those voting booths... LMAO.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:47 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3stiny View Post
I'm sure most of you have heard the phrase that the only people who support marijuana legalization are people who smoke it. While that is in fact true, atleast for the most part, I still don't understand the potheads. Sure, they want it to be legal so they can get their fix, and continue using harmful and illegal substances (which wouldn't be illegal if they had their way). Most people are opposed to legalization of illegal drugs, but I just don't get why some people think it's a good idea to make it legal? People who say "it puts innocent people behind bars" are idiots. Innocent people don't use illegal substances. There is no reason for marijuana, or any other illegal drug, to be legalized. You don't want to go to jail? Don't use illegal substances.

The only legitimate use for illegal drugs is for medical purposes, but if you just want to go get stoned and/or feed your addiction, then it's not okay. And people who say that marijuana is not addictive at all are full of ****. People get addicted to marijuana all the time and they suffer from it, just because you got lucky with a joint once or twice, doesn't mean that everyone is immune to become addicted and/or dependent. I really don't understand marijuana legalization people. No intelligent individual supports and/or endorses an illegal activity, yet a select few uneducated persons seem to support the use of marijuana, which is an illegal activity.
I trust you feel the same way about alcohol, right?

Old 12-19-2010, 12:49 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
FYI: Pretty sure there's no such thing as "medical marijuana" specifically, unless you're talking about the pill form of marinol. Most of the medical product here in California is grown by patients/citizens, and sold directly to the cannabis clubs... it is probably cleaner than what you'll get from a street dealer, but the government plays no part in producing the club's medical pot.

We've basically just found a way around marijuana laws, by filtering it through the scam known as "medical marijuana clinics." And this is coming from a "patient" herself, so you know I'm not biased against the product or the process. I just see it as a silly debate, since something like 12 states have already found a way around this law. Might as well just legalize it at this point, giving the government some control over quality, and filtering that money back into the state. These clubs are making millions upon millions, which is money that could really help to dig us out of debt. We're going to smoke it anyway (as I did even before Prop 215), so why not give that money to the state?
The State should tax the schit outa corporate doughnuts and leave natural things alone.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:58 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
A classic. The same people who believe it probably believe there is a theme park with live dinosaurs.
Wait ... There isn't?

Old 12-19-2010, 01:08 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

The only problem that I have with drugs (all illegal drugs) is the same problem I have with supplements/vitamins. There is no QC, or regulations, on the product.

I think that we'd be better served as taxpayers to expand our federal oversight of the FDA to insure that drugs/supplements are what they say they are and at the dosage that they claim to be. We are stuck in a puritanical belief system that concerns itself more with the demonization of compounds that have become entrenched in the human idea of existence then it does the understanding of how to make these substances safer.

I bring supplements into the argument since anyone can walk into a store and purchase chemical compounds that are often poorly labeled, characterized, or tested for purity at the level that any chemical sold for consumption should be.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:51 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Does anyone really think the government should be in control of the quality of weed? thats the worst idea I've ever herd of, y'all better look at the tabacco and perscription drug industry.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:00 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Talking I still don't understand marijuana legalization people.

Quote:
I'm sure most of you have heard the phrase that the only people who support marijuana legalization are people who smoke it. While that is in fact true, atleast for the most part, I still don't understand the potheads. Sure, they want it to be legal so they can get their fix, and continue using harmful and illegal substances (which wouldn't be illegal if they had their way). Most people are opposed to legalization of illegal drugs, but I just don't get why some people think it's a good idea to make it legal? People who say "it puts innocent people behind bars" are idiots. Innocent people don't use illegal substances. There is no reason for marijuana, or any other illegal drug, to be legalized. You don't want to go to jail? Don't use illegal substances.

The only legitimate use for illegal drugs is for medical purposes, but if you just want to go get stoned and/or feed your addiction, then it's not okay. And people who say that marijuana is not addictive at all are full of ****. People get addicted to marijuana all the time and they suffer from it, just because you got lucky with a joint once or twice, doesn't mean that everyone is immune to become addicted and/or dependent. I really don't understand marijuana legalization people. No intelligent individual supports and/or endorses an illegal activity, yet a select few uneducated persons seem to support the use of marijuana, which is an illegal activity.

Your little rant shows very clearly that you don't understand...

Old 12-19-2010, 08:35 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
No intelligent individual supports and/or endorses an illegal activity,.....

Lest we forget one more part of your silly post....

Let's examine history. I think I remember from history class that a certain George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Payne, John Adams and a bunch of other "intelligent individuals" engaged in and supported an illegal activity called the REVOLUTION about 240 years ago.

And throughout history many intelligent people have engaged in and supported illegal activity including fighting slavery, fighting alcohol prohibition, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies