Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 03:31 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,635 times

Advertisements

Alternet was under mainteince, I assume that the webmaster was undergoing his/her ritualistic brainwashing...I kid.

But, honestly the Libertarians are the victims of the last election cycle. The NeoCons have done everything they can to buy out the party to establish a new brand name. The true libertarians are not part of the chicken hawking, civil liberty abolishing, religious right wing that they are being unfairly subjugated to. The RW has been desperately trying to capitalize on the Ron Paul revolution of 08, that they made every effort to ignore back then, as their growth platform. Unfortunately, they've taken Dr Paul's ability to market himself (entirely based on his principles) and basterdized it without the message.

What they're left with is not anything close to a libertarian philosophy. They just keep tossing the word libertarian around as a buzzword and the conservative media has been lock step with redefining the RW as libertarians without any change to ideology.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:42 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Just an observation. Most discourse I have read on the internet doesn't require dumbing down, be it left wing, or right wing. In fact, most of them could ONLY become more intelligent, as they are already about as unintelligent as they can get.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:55 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

So, are you getting paid to dumb down this web site? Maybe you are getting paid to use your left wing progressive internet trolling to dumb things down.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Are Right-Wing Libertarian Internet Trolls Getting Paid to Dumb Down Online Conversations?

Well, ya, they like the easy jobs...

Old 12-19-2010, 09:22 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
This was posted the other day and then it disappeared. In answer to the question posed...I don't know if some here are getting compensated for it, but they sure are dumbing the conversation down. Actually, it's more like they are "Moonies". When they are confronted and presented with facts or logic, it does not make a dent in in their stubborn denial and refusal to use critical thinking and connect the dots. I think that they are "Pods" like the ones in "Invasion of The Body Snatchers."

Old 12-19-2010, 09:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
I'm a libertarian, am I a troll

Just kidding, there is a difference between rational libertarianism, and some of the kooks I've read here and other places. I doubt that there is a huge conspiracy though to infiltrate the internet.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This article is full of crap. It discusses Chinese communists posting to keep their people in line, it discusses one example from 2002, and it goes on to rant against the right wing in general and the Tea Party in particular. There may be some people who do things like rate liberal books on Amazon with one star, and my response to that would be that this guy has way too much time on his hands. But just b/c the one example given by the article happens to involve a conservative group, that does not mean the left-wing is not doing similar things.

Then we have this little tidbit, which goes against the entire premise of the article:

Gimme a break. How many times are lefties gonna post stuff like this? Paranoid, much?
Did you miss these names when you read the link? Mary Murphy and Andura Smetacek, the Bivings PR firm, and Monsanto?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm a libertarian, am I a troll

Just kidding, there is a difference between rational libertarianism, and some of the kooks I've read here and other places. I doubt that there is a huge conspiracy though to infiltrate the internet.
When there is money, power, and influence involved, WHY wouldn't political groups and big corporations think about and figure out it would be helpful to "their causes" to have paid "professional posters" posing as anonymous "everyday-folks" working internet political forums? Seems to me that it would be wise to assume that if a person is interested enough in politics that they would post on an internet forum, that that person would also show up to VOTE.......as well as be involved in other political activities, so influencing people posting on a political forum would be well worth the money paid to professional posters.

Last edited by Perlier; 12-19-2010 at 10:09 AM..

Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,784 times
Oh great, another hate site. I am so tired of people on BOTH sides insulting, slamming, criticizing and demonizing each other. Enough already! PEACE on earth for a few days at least? Stop the hatred at least til the New Year.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Big money propaganda pulling the strings of insecure creatures who'd rather see America fail than lose their chosen plantation master, all hail monopoly. Republicans are saying loud and clear everything you ever had doubts about really is true. Capitalism is a colossal fail because it can't manage to operate without one version of slavery or another. Abolish slavery here, they do an end run around it by importing. Lying, cheating, and stealing is prerequisite. Honest business, ethics, need not apply. Yes men for a bag of silver.

Did you know Satanists are huge fans of Ayn Rand? Don't take my word for it, check out their website.
LOL about Ayn Rand. Love it. I wonder if any of the Ayn Rand fans ever noticed what a mess her life became?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies