Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:13 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,708 times

Advertisements

Here is a recent and short Bill Still speech on this very important subject. He covers quite a bit here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrV84FZ_4G4

Old 12-22-2010, 05:04 AM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Who said I'm laughing? I won't mind taking those them off your back and taking care of your cash.

If people believe they are really IOU's that will be called due and not money even in the least, no one would mind giving some one else their IOU's.

I'm just asking you to "put your money where your mouth is". If you think they are money and not IOU's, you'll keep them.
You missed the point.
Those IOUs are YOUR obligation, to be redeemed by YOUR labor and property.
By law, you are individually liable for the WHOLE public debt (13.5 trillion and rising).

Since they are not money, they do not alienate title. Ergo, you can't prove you absolutely own anything you buy with them. That's why you have to pay a tax to buy, to sell, and even hold big ticket items. Fail to pay, and the government will confiscate 'your' property.

You've surrendered your rights, and now exercise taxable privileges.

And according to law, you cannot own "dollar bills" - they remain the property of the U.S. government. However, you can own "dollars" (silver or gold coin).

Old 12-22-2010, 10:08 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Dennis Kucinich has a bill to do this very thing, remove the money power from private banks.

Congressman Dennis Kucinich

http://kucinich.house.gov/UploadedFiles/NEED_ACT.pdf

I hope he wears a bullet prof vest cause he might need it. The bankers will not give up this power quietly.
I agree that if had been elected, and tried this, he wouldn't last long. But as long as he is portrayed as a 'kook' by the media, which is controlled by the banks, and has no power to effect the change, then he is safe.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:16 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Dennis Kucinich has a bill to do this very thing, remove the money power from private banks.

Congressman Dennis Kucinich

http://kucinich.house.gov/UploadedFiles/NEED_ACT.pdf

I hope he wears a bullet prof vest cause he might need it. The bankers will not give up this power quietly.
Good for Kucinich. I think we'd be far better off entrusting Congress with money creation than Ben Bernanke.

I didn't read the whole thing. I just got to page 15 but the gist of the bill would take away the ability of the Federal Reserve to make loans and in so doing, print money as there are no reserves in the Federal Reserve.

I want to finish reading the bill at some point but have to go do errands. Does it say the IRS should be abolished too? That would be nice because the IRS was an off shoot of the Federal Reserve act.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:45 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I have a much better question:

Why should we borrow trillions from communist China so that US billionaires can have lower tax rates?

Why are the bottom 50% of income earners sponging off the government, such that they must borrow trillions from the Chinese to support thier entitlement programs?

One does not have to "borrow" money until it is spent. Let's just cut the apron strings from the bottom 50% dead beats, allow them to pay thier own way, and there would not be a need for the feds to borrow anything!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I have a much better question:

Why should we borrow trillions from communist China so that US billionaires can have lower tax rates?
Why should we borrow $Trillions so that non-producers in this society can continue to sit on their azz's and procreate a new generation of entitlement voters?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Here is a recent and short Bill Still speech on this very important subject. He covers quite a bit here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrV84FZ_4G4
Thanks for the link...Bill is an interesting guy.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why should we borrow $Trillions so that non-producers in this society can continue to sit on their azz's and procreate a new generation of entitlement voters?
Sitting on one's arse is widely practiced in Europe, but that is being taken from them,

Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM

352 posts, read 187,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Why should we borrow trillions from the private Fed bankers to pay the unemployed - why not just issue debt-free money backed by the US government?
Issue them shovels, *****xes and other stuff to do useful work in our forests, parks etc. Have them plant new trees in forests that have been logged.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post
Issue them shovels, *****xes and other stuff to do useful work in our forests, parks etc. Have them plant new trees in forests that have been logged.
That's usable work. We can borrow a few billion more from the Fed to implement it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies